• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fergie: Retired, Moyes: Sacked, LVG/Giggs: The New Super Duo

Re: Fergie: Officially Retiring

David Moyes is set to be appointed the new manager of Manchester United by the end of the week, Goal.com understands.

The Everton boss is expected to be announced, possibly even within the next 24 hours, as the successor to Sir Alex Ferguson, who revealed on Wednesday morning that he is stepping down at the end of the season.

Sources have told Goal.com that the United players learned at the club’s Carrington training ground today that Moyes is the man who has been lined up to take over from Sir Alex.

Everton have said that they have not been approached by the new Premier League champions but it is understood that Moyes has agreed a deal to take over at Old Trafford.

The 50-year-old Scot will have to resign from his post at Goodison Park to move to United but he is out of contract at the end of the season and the process is set to be a swift and amicable one.

Moyes is a long-time friend of Ferguson and the pair are set to enjoy a close relationship next season, given that Sir Alex is moving upstairs to join United’s board of directors.

It is believed that Moyes has been cherry-picked by Ferguson ahead of a number of Continental managers with proven European credentials.

Moyes has established Everton as a top-six club during his 11-year reign on Merseyside despite having a budget that is dwarfed by his immediate top-table rivals.

He has not won a trophy since moving to Goodison Park in March 2002 but United are putting greater store in his Premier League experience, motivational qualities, coaching nous and ability to get the most out of his players.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/05/08/3963134/its-moyes-manchester-united-to-name-sir-alex-successor

For me there are only two candidates: Moyes and Mourinho. What might swing it for Moyes is the long term aspect. Jose will probably win them a European Cup, but what happens when he leaves 3 years from now?

First of all well done Fergie ..like him or loathe him --and I wasn't a fan of his methods..he has had an incredible career and stepped down while still at the top.. not many people in sports do that.

Second, I imagine he will have had a big say in who succeeds him, the board will be looking for a long term replacement, and Fergie will be looking over the new manager's shoulder, so more likely to go to a UK manager with good long term potential than already very successful foreign manager I would have thought. Do you really think Fergie will not want to have a continuing say about what happens at the club--or be able to resist it..

Anyone considered they may go for AVB with Fergie as the mentor. Considering AVB's age and having managed, albeit for a short period of time at two top premiership clubs, could be an option.
I sincerlely hope this wont be the case. Just putting it out there.

Wow. When I started school, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When I watched my first football match, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When i decided I loved football and started reading up about it, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When I kissed my first girl, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When I took my exams at school, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When i got with my first girlfriend, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When I lost my virginity, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When I passed my driving test, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When I had my first legal drink in a pub, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When i graduated from uni Fergie was the manager of Man U. When i bought my first car, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When I got my first job, Fergie was the manager of Man U. I got married last year and Fergie was the manager of Man U.

I don't give a flying fudge about Man U generally, but I feel like part of my whole life has just ended!

Wow. When I started school, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When I watched my first football match, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When i decided I loved football and started reading up about it, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When I kissed my first girl, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When I took my exams at school, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When i got with my first girlfriend, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When I lost my virginity, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When I passed my driving test, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When I had my first legal drink in a pub, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When i graduated from uni Fergie was the manager of Man U. When i bought my first car, Fergie was the manager of Man U. When I got my first job, Fergie was the manager of Man U. I got married last year and Fergie was the manager of Man U.

I don't give a flying fudge about Man U generally, but I feel like part of my whole life has just ended!

This

*Apart from the crazy marriage talk :eek:*

I don't give a flying fudge about Man U generally, but I feel like part of my whole life has just ended![/QUOTE]

This. Was 9years old for the CL final in 1999. A game i`ll never forget. He was more than a football manager.

Its because of guys like him that we follow this game. Im actually sad.

I don't give a flying fudge about Man U generally, but I feel like part of my whole life has just ended![/QUOTE]

This. Was 9years old for the CL final in 1999. A game i`ll never forget. He was more than a football manager.

Its because of guys like him that we follow this game. Im actually sad.

A winner... I also dont give a damn about manu and hope they decline.....my prev point is its gonna be weird not seeing him next season and yes ill prob miss him.

I hope that AVB can build a legacy at Spurs........

No more fergie time or enjoying his tomatoe face when he loses.....

fudge sake lads, he aint died lol

I know what you mean. But the premierleague is a big part of my life, and he was the premierleague.

I just think he was the boss. He was amazing unless your team had to play him with 7 minutes extra time and 2 penalties.:lol:

For us Spurs fans, we`re very luck, just think at what Arsenal would have done without him.

"Momentous day for the club, the fans and the whole football world. We knew this day would come and we have been preparing for that. Board will take council from Sir Alex and Sir Bobby on new appointment. The new manager will have to have experience in both England and European competitions. Working with Sir Alex has been the highlight of my career."

Well that WOULD rule Moyes out then..

tumblr_m2pjb7hXN91r9dhud.gif

So, if it's Moyes in, announced this week, what implications could that have for Everton's final game of the season, away to Chelski?

moyes will be shipped in,utd not so succesful in the next couple of years,in the meantime giggs will have retired given a job as a so called assistant ,moyes let go then because it hasn't worked out giggs/scholes given the job with fergie in the back ground.

i can't see them employing an outsider as such with fergie still on the board of directors.

THE team of the 90's won a pfa award with fergie praising them to the hilt last week.

It will certainly be weird seeing Man Utd with a new manager.

He's definitely left his mark though, he's installed that "never say die" attitude into the team, I can bet the staff are the exact same and won't change unless the new manager decides to bring his own staff with him, I have no doubt they will still fight for honours next year but it'll certainly be interesting.

moyes will be shipped in,utd not so succesful in the next couple of years,in the meantime giggs will have retired given a job as a so called assistant ,moyes let go then because it hasn't worked out giggs/scholes given the job with fergie in the back ground.

i can't see them employing an outsider as such with fergie still on the board of directors.

THE team of the 90's won a pfa award with fergie praising them to the hilt last week.

Agreed, I still cant believe Gary Neville`s name is not mentionned more.

Knows the game, knows the team, United through & through, good at tactics aswell.

First Thatcher dies and then Ferguson retires, somewhere there is a Scouser with a lamp and one wish left!

Oh how I'd love it to be Wenegr :lol:

Back