• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fergie: Retired, Moyes: Sacked, LVG/Giggs: The New Super Duo

Re: Fergie: Officially Retiring

Actually Rafa is doing a half decent job - not sure why we want him to stay. He isnt doing too badly and the chances are they will finish third.

The fact he's despised by the fans and creates and atmosphere of division within the team?

The only problem if it is Moyes going to Utd, is Everton will be totally de motivated for the game against Chelsea! Always thought Mourinho would end up at City.

The only problem if it is Moyes going to Utd, is Everton will be totally de motivated for the game against Chelsea! Always thought Mourinho would end up at City.

He said few years ago when he went to Inter Milan that he would love to one day replace Fergie and United were a great club etc, but then he said it doesn't look like he will be retiring just yet. Then he went to Madrid and has been saying how he would love to come back to England again.

...I still think there's a small possibility Jose has been playing games and might actually end up at United.

I hope you are right. Will be interesting to see who goes to Chelsea in that case.

He said few years ago when he went to Inter Milan that he would love to one day replace Fergie and United were a great club etc, but then he said it doesn't look like he will be retiring just yet. Then he went to Madrid and has been saying how he would love to come back to England again.

...I still think there's a small possibility Jose has been playing games and might actually end up at United.

So how was this mythical manager Rafa made reference to the other day . . . . .

Harry+Redknapp+arriving+at+the+clubs+training+ground+this+morning

Surprised me that he actually retired. Thought he would go on for a couple of years more at least.

I think it's more than a small possibility.

It does not feel right to me, United without Fergie? Shocking.

Question is... Would Mourinho be so intent on the idea of replacing Fergie at United that he would lead on Chelsea just to keep it all a secret!?

Kate THFC 4Ever @kate1305

First Thatcher dies, then Ferguson retires. Somewhere there is a Scouser with a lamp and one wish left.
11:10 AM - 8 May 2013

I certainly think the Jose to Chelsea rumours were a part of this decision. Perhaps the board asked Fergie to step aside knowing that this was their chance to get him? Just seems all too coincidental.

Question is... Would Mourinho be so intent on the idea of replacing Fergie at United that he would lead on Chelsea just to keep it all a secret!?

I wouldn't put it past Mourinho, he is a bit of a c*nt.

The managerial landscape would look rather barren for Chelsea though, they do go through them as a fast rate.

When Howard Webb sends off a United player, you know its all over.

I certainly think the Jose to Chelsea rumours were a part of this decision. Perhaps the board asked Fergie to step aside knowing that this was their chance to get him? Just seems all too coincidental.

I can't see the United board asking Ferguson to step down.

I think it would be more likely that Ferguson and Mourinho already talked about this and Mourinho knew that this would be Ferguson's last season. Although it could also just be a coincidence.

Sure he would if it would benefit him. Not sure if there was actually any need for it though, could easily just have said that it would be decided at the end of the season and not gone into talks with Chelsea at all. Most of what is being reported is just speculation anyway.

It does not feel right to me, United without Fergie? Shocking.

This.

It will change everything. It is the end of an area for United.

In a way its good news for us aswell, good news for any top team. Mancini must be in a good mood today.

Them winning the title with what looks on paper one of there worst ever sides by one of the biggest margins has Ryan Giggs winning the Player of the year award written all over it.

It all somehow makes sense now!

:-"

I notice on Paddy Power the usual suspects are high in the betting (Moyes 1/2, Mourinho 3/1, Klopp 10/1) but it looks like betting for Roy Keane has been suspended. There is a padlock after his name and no odds offered. Anything to this or is it the fact that he is a brick, brick manager?

Klopp has achieved very little to be given one of the biggest jobs in world football - The German Ramos, wrapped in a massive media circle-jerk following a few goals in the Champions League

Who were the people that Fergie seem to call in for a chat mid season.. one was Guardiola, were there any others.

Back