• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fergie: Retired, Moyes: Sacked, LVG/Giggs: The New Super Duo

Re: Fergie: Retiring?

I've read somewhere that possibly he's going now to stop Cheski getting Mourinho...still wonder whether his Mourinho's antics would really get accepted at OT..then again Fergie hasn't exactly been a saint himself

maybe.
Ferguson on his retirement: 'It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so'

Re: Fergie: Officially Retiring

Well, we'll never see the like again. All respect to him for his incredible achievements. Never resented Man U success and especially loved his dealings with challenging egos. Interesting times coming up.

Genius manager, the best the world has ever seen and will never see again.

Hats off to the man. =D>

Its confirmed

Wow - this is massive news and a massive shock - more the timing and how its all unravelled overnight.

He has been the best Manager ever and I actually have great respect for him.

agreed, what he's done for that club is miraculous, a true legend

really hope Jose takes the job, united need a character like that

Would absolutely love it if they get Mourinho from under Chelski's noses.
A final fudge you to Abramowich that.

But what now for Manure? This is the end of an era, and while they are in a good shape, it's not obvious that they will continue to be as dominant as they were this year with a new manager. New leadership, new tactics, new visions - there's no telling how the new manager will work with the current crop of players. Not that I think United will fail miserably all of a sudden, but next season will be interesting.

Edit: Oh and of course; hats of for an amazing career. Ferguson will go down in history as one of the best managers ever! =D>

(at least we managed to beat him at Old Trafford once! 8-[ )

What are the odds on an Arry window interview within the next 3 hours saying what a 'trifficopportunity that would be'

Last edited:

A Spurs win tonight and Mourinho taking over at Utd, would make me sleep like a baby.

Would absolutely love it if they get Mourinho from under Chelski's noses.
A final fudge you to Abramowich that.

+1 with this..

Fergie has been class, one of the few other managers you would have time for and always been complimentary to us - even when he is not due to play us the next day :D

I'm in shock.. Most of us have only known United with Fergie.. Can't imagine anyone else being there!

he's instilled such a system there that they might not even need to replace him, just get him to knock up a few flow charts before he leaves and the place will run itself

Never thought the day would come... Hats of to the man, what he has done at United will probably never be repeated, legend.

Interesting times ahead!

Is the squad really in such great shape? I think we can all agree the Ferguson added at least 10% to whatever United have had on paper.

A United decline would be so sweet (and gradual).

in 20 years time, people will look back at fergie's achievements and ask how it was possible he was able to have continued success for so long, a truly breathtaking run, if i was a manyoo fan i would be very worried though, no-one can fill his shoes, its easy to see them going on a bad run now a la post busby

with Rafa agreeing a 1-year extension . . .

Actually Rafa is doing a half decent job - not sure why we want him to stay. He isnt doing too badly and the chances are they will finish third.

I have nothing but huge respect for Sir Alex, it's kind of sad seeing him leave. One thing is for sure, Man U will never be the same again!

Back