• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fergie: Retired, Moyes: Sacked, LVG/Giggs: The New Super Duo

Re: Fergie: Officially Retiring - Moyes Taking Over

he's only worth as much as someone is prepared to pay (as they say) - there aren't many teams which would pay that amount of money for a player, no matter how good they are. PSG and City? maybe Chelsea? would he go to any of those sides?

if he wants out id imagine it'd end up being closer to 40 than 80, personally

I reckon Falcao and Cavani would go for at least £40m each, lets face it, Ronaldo is better than both of them, even tho he's older. I absolutely think Chelsea would pay more than £60m.

Re: How much difference do managers make?

Well I imagine there will be a few referees not sorry to see the back of Fergie. His influence over other aspects of the game outside his own club was worth quite a lot of points a season.
I'll be surprised if we hear much about "Moyes time".

Mods: Hi. How did this end up here when it was posted in a different thread? Was it something I (my computer) did - or you did..it was a point about the differences managers can make.. [that's a query..not a complaint]

I reckon Falcao and Cavani would go for at least £40m each, lets face it, Ronaldo is better than both of them, even tho he's older. I absolutely think Chelsea would pay more than £60m.

yea as i said Chelsea are one of the only clubs i could imagine paying that money for him - but if he doesn't want to go to one of those clubs then Real would have to strike a deal for less money with another club or risk losing him for nothing when his contract expires.

Mods: Hi. How did this end up here when it was posted in a different thread? Was it something I (my computer) did - or you did..it was a point about the differences managers can make.. [that's a query..not a complaint]

My bad. It didn't seem to make a lot of sense in the other thread and assumed it had been mis-posted. Happy to move it back

My bad. It didn't seem to make a lot of sense in the other thread and assumed it had been mis-posted. Happy to move it back

No worries. I'll try to express my thoughts a little less tangentially next time (there I go again)..

Fergie represents a time when managers were given more time to be a success. Nowadays the average fan wants instant success. I really hope we give AVB 3 seasons to get it right

Fergie represents a time when managers were given more time to be a success. Nowadays the average fan wants instant success. I really hope we give AVB 3 seasons to get it right

I think most fans want to see improvement. I said as much back in autumn: I expect next season to be the one where we we start to see the fruits of AVB's labour. He's had time to properly assess the squad and knows exactly what is needed for the next step.

didn't know who he was until your post:

Tor-Kristian Karlsen is a Norwegian football scout and executive, formerly the chief executive and sporting director at Monaco. He has previously worked as a scout for Grasshopper, Watford, Bayer Leverkusen, Hannover and Zenit St Petersburg and as sporting director for Fredrikstad FK

Actually a rather entertaining and seemingly knowledgeable guy. Has been very open with his opinions as well, at least in the past. Before he got the Monaco job he was answering people on twitter about players without holding back, he was on the Norwegian version of the deadline day show too, very entertaining I thought. Being outspoken about his opinions he obviously gets things wrong, and unfortunately it seems a lot of twitter trolls can't take it when he criticizes a player they like so I'm not sure if he's still as open about his opinions. He obviously had to hold back when he was the DoF at Monaco, I had no idea he had quit that job, might be that he will be back answering people on twitter.

What impact is this going to have on Everton's match against Cheat$ki? Will the players make a supreme effort as a going away present, or will they bend over?

I don't think so at all, he is a brilliant box to box player. I don't think he would make United any more long ball a long ball team than Toure makes City. I think that they have also lacked a bit of physicality in the middle for a few years now.

Box to box? Nah not for me. I seen him more deployed at the point of a midfield three taking stuff down on his chest and laying it off, that sort of thing.

Their midfield? compared to City/Cheat$ki/Bayern/Real/Barca ???

Compared to the best midfields in the world they are not as good obviously but thats not say they are weak in the midfield. I think Utd's deficiencies all over the park are overstated by wishful thinking fans of the opposing teams. They waltzed the league this season, so how bad can they be?

Will be interesting to see how United as a club and the United fans react if Moyes has a less than stellar start. Imagine them 5th or 6th in say November. What will the reaction be?

Moyes has big shoes to fill. Good luck to him.

Box to box? Nah not for me. I seen him more deployed at the point of a midfield three taking stuff down on his chest and laying it off, that sort of thing.

Late runs into the box are a key part of his game but he is strong defensively too. He could play a member of roles for United, as he has for Everton. If he does join them this summer, I can see him at Chelsea.

Compared to the best midfields in the world they are not as good obviously but thats not say they are weak in the midfield. I think Utd's deficiencies all over the park are overstated by wishful thinking fans of the opposing teams. They waltzed the league this season, so how bad can they be?

They waltzed the league because SAF knows that crushing the bottom 12 sides in the league is what wins the title.

They were comprehensively outplayed by us/Scum/City/Cheat$ki at times this season, completely woeful in Europe, they aren't that good.

RVP covered up a whole lot of cracks for them.

They waltzed the league because SAF knows that crushing the bottom 12 sides in the league is what wins the title.

They were comprehensively outplayed by us/Scum/City/Cheat$ki at times this season, completely woeful in Europe, they aren't that good.

I don't really agree with you but not much point in a forum if we all agreed ;)

I agree wholeheartedly. If you are able to crush the bottom ten teams (60 points, home and away), then you don't really need to do that much against the other nine sides to win the title. (Nine teams, 54 points available)

Manchester United - Wigan in the Community Shield then. Good opportunity for Moyes to win his first trophy.

Now Scholes has decided to retire again as well.

Back