• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Favourite Takeaway

Same as mick it depends on the mood and the company, it is almost wrong to it curry alone, it feels like a social meal to me on the other hand i love fish and chips but that is a meal for me on my lap with a bitter as i watch match of the day.

Rarely have takeaway, but always indian. Generally, with indian you know what you're getting can only think of one i've had that was really poor. Most takeaway pizza is overpriced and not great, chinese (where i live anyway) is always gloopy msg crap.

No way! Fresh, hot pizza is the only way. And I don't get why people microwave pizza the next day. I tried it the other day and it just ended up with the texture of a piece of non-hairy carpet... not good at all!

Plus, if cold pizza is so good, why can't you order cold pizza from a takeaway place?

:ross:

How much do you guys pay for a decent large pizza in your part of the woods?

Well most of the pizzerias other than Dominos round my way charge no more than 10er for their largest offerings... Although one place has all the pizzas listed as much as 15 quid for a 12" yet they have an ongoing offer of "Any 12 inch pizza from set menu 8.50" any day of the week, which i find odd.

On Monday I will be commencing my 6 week fast i.e. no meat fish dairy products etc. So basically carbs and salad.

So tonight - A big Indian take away and tomorrow a mixed meat kebab then a crepe at the football.

wooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo

On Monday I will be commencing my 6 week fast i.e. no meat fish dairy products etc. So basically carbs and salad.

So tonight - A big Indian take away and tomorrow a mixed meat kebab then a crepe at the football.

wooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo

Is that lent? im not really up on religion im meant to be catholic and i think we have something like that. Do you lose much weight on that diet.

Not keen on delivery/takeaway Curry, for me its all about eating in a decent starred Indian, cannot stand the slop like tikka masala and madras.

Chinese my fav, would like Singapore Rice Noodles everyday if I could get away with eating that much carbs. Salt and Pepper Pork... Duck, Lamb and pancakes. Yummy.. Chinese Curry = puke

Had one kebab in my life, needless to say I didn't get anywhere near finishing it.

I never ever buy delivery pizza, will always have pizza dough in air tight container in the fridge, will always have passata, pepperoni and mozzarella in the fridge. Have to keep the oven clean, as you have to cook at the very top heat the oven can go. Can beat a delivery in time also.

Fish & Chips I like on holiday, don't really eat it as a takeaway.

McDs - Not a chance

Burger King - Love Burger King, but have noticed a proper dive in quality of late, maybe its the local thats dropped.

KFC - I always think of squalled unfeathered ill chickens kept in a battery farm. The chicken pieces look like they have come from chickens so small it makes my skin crawl. Disgustingly unhealthy food, I do like the breadcrumbs though. Wish I could buy it and make my own, Kiev like.

Is that lent? im not really up on religion im meant to be catholic and i think we have something like that. Do you lose much weight on that diet.

I do lose about a kilo a half a week. Cos it really is low fat and all i eat is fruit and vegetables. For dinner a jacket with beans.

Eh Unknown - I got the Colonels secret recipe if ya want? a couple of million quid tho.

Went to a nice fish and chips restaurant in Poole yesterday; called the Lakeside, they serve normal fish and chips but also better quality stuff.

I had Garlic King Prawns in White wine sauce for a starter, seabass fillets in basil pesto for main, served with the obligatory chips and to finish I had a piece of chocolate cheesecake with vanilla ice cream... I tried some of my dad's bread and butter pudding and that was amazing.

I appreciate that this is about takeaway, rather than sit in, but I would imagine that they also have good takeaway too. :D

Had to have an Aloo Lamb (Madras hot), picked up from my local on the way back from the game. Consolation after the game (brick journey, got wet, disappointing - understatement - result). Feel a lot better now, although might not think that when my alarm goes off at 5am in the morning...

I try to avoid them to prevent becoming too portly but I've never had a bad curry from Crowborough's Rajpoot. Alas no longer my local, which we've found is ratty. The Raj always turn out succulent whole chicken breasts in their curries or breasts that have been halved rather than that nasty sliced brick they clearly pour in from giant bags in other curry houses. That recent study showed that so many of these places do not care what they serve. Turkey sold as chicken etc etc.

Chicken Tikka Starter
Lamb Tikka Starter
Kushboo Chicken ( I see variations of these dishes on other menus with varying names. Like 'Kushboo Kazana' ?? I put it down to some curry houses just copying what others do and getting it wrong).
Kazana Chicken

Due to the economic downturn we turn on the rice cooker and fry up our own Popppadoms. :oops:

I try to avoid them to prevent becoming too portly but I've never had a bad curry from Crowborough's Rajpoot. Alas no longer my local, which we've found is ratty. The Raj always turn out succulent whole chicken breasts in their curries or breasts that have been halved rather than that nasty sliced brick they clearly pour in from giant bags in other curry houses. That recent study showed that so many of these places do not care what they serve. Turkey sold as chicken etc etc.

Chicken Tikka Starter
Lamb Tikka Starter
Kushboo Chicken ( I see variations of these dishes on other menus with varying names. Like 'Kushboo Kazana' ?? I put it down to some curry houses just copying what others do and getting it wrong).
Kazana Chicken

Due to the economic downturn we turn on the rice cooker and fry up our own Popppadoms. :oops:

Been to Jades Palace? (Chinese)

Been to Jades Palace? (Chinese)

I haven't actually. Is that the one round by the barbers ?? I lived in HK for more than a decade and Chinese food here usually disappoints but will have to give it a go at some stage.

Back