• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Favourite seat(s) at the Lane?

Finally managed to get a seat on the Shelf for the last couple of games, loved it. Smashing view, and because I think it is all season ticket holders it was fairly friendly (given that more often than not I normally get stuck next to some grumpy fart).

I also quite like bagging a front row seat on the Lower Tiers, you hear and see so much of what goes on. West Stand is awful for leg room there though.
Upper Tiers you feel a bit more out of it but because its such a small ground you get a lovely view.

To be honest, I'm happy with any section bar East Upper. Expensive, and I hate the pillars. A reminder of what a fiasco that stand construction was, and indeed what a fiasco the 90s were at WHL.

This is slightly off topic but anyone know how much it would be to hire WHL for a day i.e. to play a full blown match on it? I know they hire it out, or rather they used to anyways.

Seems Park Lane is always the best atmosphere, the Shelf a bit hit and miss. Only sat in the Shelf twice, once was the 3-0 a couple of seasons ago v City which I thought was a great atmosphere, and also this season in the 1-0 v WBA which I thought was very poor (although admittedly the nature of the games may have had a lot to do with it).

Best view is probably East upper, but personally I'd sacrifice the best view for a better atmosphere/more of a singing area.

To be honest, I'm happy with any section bar East Upper. Expensive, and I hate the pillars. A reminder of what a fiasco that stand construction was, and indeed what a fiasco the 90s were at WHL.
I don't often sit in the East Upper but I got the front row of block E for the Stevenage cup game and that seems to be a sweet spot as the pillars barely got in the way at all, they very slightly cover the near side corner flag at each end.

Last couple of seasons I've sat in the South Upper using the multi ticket packages, but I usually move around for cup games, it's nice to get a different view every now and then.

Park Lane lower - block 33-35 is usually good. I Prefer to have seats from row 10 upwards, to lessen the chances of the stewards telling me to sit down! I do like the first couple of blocks in the east lower by the south stand, preferably right at the back on the Shelf. Although it is rather expensive...

Over the last 3-4 seasons I have sat iin every stand except the West Lower.
For the all over package ie, atmosphere, price, view, proximity to the away fans for banter I prefer block 44 of the South Upper. I am usually in the front three rows. Main downside? Little if any chance to stand.

It does annoy me that those fans who sit in the park lane ALWAYS get told to sit down, and yet you rarely get the stewards telling people in the shelf to sit down.

well as my seat is in the Park Lane i wouldnt want to sit anywhere else now.
Ive sat in the old Paxton once(Bosnich nazi salute game)
and also been in the West once and the shelf a couple of times pre season ticket days.

It does annoy me that those fans who sit in the park lane ALWAYS get told to sit down, and yet you rarely get the stewards telling people in the shelf to sit down.

I was sat in Block 35 for the Stoke game, first time I've managed to get seats in South Lower and basically stood for the entire match as every time the stewards managed to get the block to sit down someone would start up a chorus of "stand up if you hate ARSEnal!" =D>

The only problem is that as I was sat fairly near the front, well row 13, it was difficult to see what was happening up the far end of the pitch and had to watch our goal on the JumboTron.

I was sat in South Upper for the Everton game, the atmosphere wasn't quite as good but there's a better view of the whole pitch at least:

My favourite Block to be sat in is 27 on the halfway line, the view is the next best thing to being sat in the dugout and good atmosphere in East Lower too.

Watched the NLD in West Lower Block 13, great view but rubbish atmosphere as there was no singing and literally every time anyone stood up they were immediately told to sit down.

Sat in Paxton stand a few times but try to avoid it as the season ticket holders there just spend the entire match whinging.

Actually now you mention it, I remember when I sat in the west stand for the Milan game I think was surrounded by season ticket holders and they themselves were very very quick to yell at someone standing up.

I've had other positive experiences there and maybe I was just unlucky enough to be say with a bunch of self righteous arseholes but it did feel like the prawn sandwich phalanx.

I was sat in Block 35..

Excellent post, thanks for the pictures and everything SteveAWOL.

In fact thanks to everyone, makes me feel like I've made a good decision to sit in the park lane + will give me confidence to experiment with seats in the future.

Worth remembering that early cup games and friendlies have all tickets the same price do that's a good time to try expensive areas like West Upper! :)

Actually now you mention it, I remember when I sat in the west stand for the Milan game I think was surrounded by season ticket holders and they themselves were very very quick to yell at someone standing up.

I've had other positive experiences there and maybe I was just unlucky enough to be say with a bunch of self righteous arseholes but it did feel like the prawn sandwich phalanx.

I was in the west stand for the Inter game. Tremendous view but also got told to sit down a couple of times. Did get away with shouting at Gallas to put Eto'o 'in the fudging stand' though!

Dear all, my first post here. I follow Tottenham ever since they bought their first Croatian. Next week I'll be in London on buisness. Never been to WHL. I'll try to catch Swansea game but with the schedule I have in the best scenario I'll barely make it to the kick off. My question to you all is: will there be tickets at the office near kick off and which tickets I could get. (wouldn't wanna be at Swansea end :)) Tnx COYS

Hi Zagreb.. I think your best bet is phoning the ticket office to see if anybody has returned their tickets. I Think the game has sold out.

I usually travel to the lane on the 444 from Chingford. Tomorrow though I shall be starting in Walthamstow.

What's your suggested mode of transport? 34 bus goes from Walthamstow central along the A406 and I don't mind the walk down from Angel corner bus-stop. Never gotten the tube to the Lane though.

What sights, sounds and experiences will a walk from a tube station afford me? and what tube station is best to get off at?

Last edited:
South Upper for the overall view and Atmosphere preferably block 44/45 although block 34/35 in south lower is a good shout for a better atmosphere but less quality of view althogh I always try to sit in rows 15-23 in south lower if I can.

I have sat in all stands and in both tiers over the seasons gone by and Park Lane is definitely the best place to sit overall but the East stand is a good shout, especially down towards the park lane. If I had a season ticket it would be south/east or not at all tbh.

Last edited:
I used to always go for row 1 or 2 in the South Lower

But the stewards are an absolute fudging joke now

Better off near the back in the South Lower, or perhaps mid-way back in the South Upper

Back