• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fair play Daniel Levy

Appointing Sherwood is another proof that no top manager wants to work under Levy. Why would they when they will get sacked after 1-2 seasons ? Of all the managers Levy appointed during his 12 years at Spurs, Santini was the only successfull manager and he left after a few months. The rest either falls under the young managers category like Hoddle, Jol, Ramos, AVB and Sherwood or the old-and-experienced-but-with-no-success category like Pleat and Redknapp.

Was excited when we were linked with Van Gaal just a few days ago. But it must be pure rumours then, just like it was when we were linked with the likes of Mourinho and Ferguson in the past. You have to accept that no top managers in their right frame of mind would want to risk their reputation by working under Levy who sacks managers for fun !

Uhm, what? :-k

Last edited:
Levy working with Van Gaal???:lol: funniest thing ive heard in ages.

No top manager wants to work at a club which sells their best players every summer something we do under the guidance of lord levy

No top manager wants to work at a club which sells their best players every summer something we do under the guidance of lord levy

Why aren't 99.99% of the world's clubs without a manager then? Arsenal do it, Everton do it, Saudi Sportswashing Machine do it, even ManU have done it. Would you rather let them go the way of Campbell and leave for nothing?

Do people honestly think we're the only club that doesn't have to sell its best players? Can you tell me of any club in the world bar Real and maybe Barcelona who didn't have to sell a player they didn't want to in the past 10-15 years?

And that Levy is the only chairman to fire managers a lot. Now that the outliers of Ferguson and Moyes are gone, there is but one outlier left in this league, Wenger. After that, the longest serving manager is Pardew. Pardew. At Saudi Sportswashing Machine. With Ashley. Let that sink in for a second.

Do people honestly think we're the only club that doesn't have to sell its best players? Can you tell me of any club in the world bar Real and maybe Barcelona who didn't have to sell a player they didn't want to in the past 10-15 years?

And that Levy is the only chairman to fire managers a lot. Now that the outliers of Ferguson and Moyes are gone, there is but one outlier left in this league, Wenger. After that, the longest serving manager is Pardew. Pardew. At Saudi Sportswashing Machine. With Ashley. Let that sink in for a second.

true.....and I am pretty sure Barca didnt want to sell Thiago to Bayern.

And in terms of wenger there are plenty of their fans that would have dispensed with him by now.

Well, Santini won the French Cup in 2001 and French league title with Lyon in 2002. He also managed the France national team 2002-2004. So, I think that deserves to be called success for Santini.

I misread you and somehow thought you meant Santini achieved success with us. :lol: But just for the record - Juande Ramos (2 UEFA cups and 1 copa del Rey), AVB (1 league title and the UEFA cup) and Redknapp (Championship and FA Cup) all had won their share of honours before joining us as well, so not sure why you single out Santini.

Why aren't 99.99% of the world's clubs without a manager then? Arsenal do it, Everton do it, Saudi Sportswashing Machine do it, even ManU have done it. Would you rather let them go the way of Campbell and leave for nothing?

I can see your point and I agree with it if it comes down to them leaving for nothing. But had Levy stood strong and held on to our top players, the way the timings were we could have had a midfield of bale, Sandro/Carrick, Modric, Lennon with VDV and Berbatov up front whilst Harry Redknapp (our most successful of the managers mentioned so far) in charge.

For me that is a title challenging if not winning team. I think all those supposedly unhappy players, would now be happy.

I appreciate that we sold some of those players to afford the others. But if you look, we picked up VDV, Sandro and Modric fairly cheaply in today's terms, and we aren't a club that's struggling for money.

I know there are many more factors which contributed to the sale of these players, but it's still interesting to think what could have happened had we forced them to stay.

problem with that is, we hold Berbs and Carrick against their will, Modric and VDV don't sign for us, Bale runs his contract down and leaves for nothing, Lloris and Verts go to the gooners instead as no one wants to be stuck with no option to move if things don't go to plan

it's the way the game works, we can't bleat about it, we need to get better at ****ing over "smaller clubs" the way it happens to us

problem with that is, we hold Berbs and Carrick against their will, Modric and VDV don't sign for us, Bale runs his contract down and leaves for nothing, Lloris and Verts go to the gooners instead as no one wants to be stuck with no option to move if things don't go to plan

it's the way the game works, we can't bleat about it, we need to get better at ****ing over "smaller clubs" the way it happens to us

Well we haven't raided West Ham much in recent years, apart from Parker, and I quite like the look of Morisson... Only trouble is he is a Gooner.

Where is Bladini in all this?
- the missing LB
- our ageing keeper
- too many players in midfield
- U-21 potential
- Jan window

Since we went off the market, its hard to say who plays what part. Sugar tweeted and made public that Ferdinand and Sherwood should be in charge when AVB was still coach... who's pulling the strings? I don't think that Baldini would want to be just a puppet, but he certainly looks the part. Shouldn't Baldnini be for instance having oversight across both AVB and Sherwood...and if so then he would have a hand in Sherwood's promotion. But what about the players that we bought - who is accountable for that bunch now? And who is looking after our coveted U-21s meantime...the grand plan seems to be falling apart, and Levy has to be accountable for the unravelling.

Where is Bladini in all this?
- the missing LB
- our ageing keeper
- too many players in midfield
- U-21 potential
- Jan window

Since we went off the market, its hard to say who plays what part. Sugar tweeted and made public that Ferdinand and Sherwood should be in charge when AVB was still coach... who's pulling the strings? I don't think that Baldini would want to be just a puppet, but he certainly looks the part. Shouldn't Baldnini be for instance having oversight across both AVB and Sherwood...and if so then he would have a hand in Sherwood's promotion. But what about the players that we bought - who is accountable for that bunch now? And who is looking after our coveted U-21s meantime...the grand plan seems to be falling apart, and Levy has to be accountable for the unravelling.

On each of your points:

- He's had 1 transfer window (in fact, he was appointed at Spurs during that window) and signed 7 players. Another 2 - Willian and Coentrao - were in the bag and popped back out again. Not at all sure what more he was meant to do.

- I would doubt very strongly that Baldini has anything to do with Sugar.

- Baldini does have oversight over AVB & Sherwood. While calling him their "boss" isn't quite correct (Baldini couldn't unilaterally sack them) he is responsible for all the coaches being competent and otherwise doing their jobs. He was at the Sunday meeting where AVB's fate was sealed. Without doubt he did have a say in the Sherwood appointment, as well as heading enquiries to FdB and whoever else we tapped in the interim.

- I don't know who's looking after the U21's, but that will eventually be Baldini's call, no doubt in consultation with Sherwood, Ramsey, Levy et al. That kind of decision seems the essence of collaboration between DoF/Head Coach & Chairman.

- He is accountable for his signings. We know AVB wanted Soldado, Pauli and Vlad, which FB would have approved as in keeping with Spurs' overall strategic goals. Lamela, Chadli, Eriksen and Capoue seemed more FB/DL signings, so the development of those 4 will in part inform Levy's decision about how his DoF is performing.

- Far from the plan falling apart, all of this seems very in keeping with his role. It should also be said that he offered his resignation last week and Levy turned it down. Quite rightly I would say as I'm not certain what Baldini had to do with performances on the pitch being toilet.

I can see your point and I agree with it if it comes down to them leaving for nothing. But had Levy stood strong and held on to our top players, the way the timings were we could have had a midfield of bale, Sandro/Carrick, Modric, Lennon with VDV and Berbatov up front whilst Harry Redknapp (our most successful of the managers mentioned so far) in charge.

For me that is a title challenging if not winning team. I think all those supposedly unhappy players, would now be happy.

I appreciate that we sold some of those players to afford the others. But if you look, we picked up VDV, Sandro and Modric fairly cheaply in today's terms, and we aren't a club that's struggling for money.

I know there are many more factors which contributed to the sale of these players, but it's still interesting to think what could have happened had we forced them to stay.

Like to dream much? Yes all our best players would never want to leave and we'd never sell any of them and they'd all stay and be happy and go on to win the league. Why didn't Levy & Co think of that?!

Like to dream much? Yes all our best players would never want to leave and we'd never sell any of them and they'd all stay and be happy and go on to win the league. Why didn't Levy & Co think of that?!

I wasn't saying that our best players wouldn't want to leave. I was saying we should have taken a risk and forced them to stay in the hope that improving the team year on year would change their mind.

Take Suarez for example, Liverpool forced him to stay this summer. He's just signed a new contract because they were sitting top at Christmas. If they finish in the top 4 this season, and strengthen in the summer they will have a much better chance of holding on to him and therefore mounting a stronger challenge next year. If they win something next year he may decide, this is the club for me. The knock on effect of that is that more world class players want to join Liverpool.

As I said in the post I totally appreciate that there are many more factors to each of those sales than you or me will ever know of, but if you consistently sell your best players year on year whilst others hold on to theirs you will never ever move forward.

Yes my post was a bit pie in the sky/perfect world, but the under lying theme is still there. We've gone from having 2-3 genuine world class players in the pitch each week to having 1 (Sandro) at most.

I wasn't saying that our best players wouldn't want to leave. I was saying we should have taken a risk and forced them to stay in the hope that improving the team year on year would change their mind.

Take Suarez for example, Liverpool forced him to stay this summer. He's just signed a new contract because they were sitting top at Christmas. If they finish in the top 4 this season, and strengthen in the summer they will have a much better chance of holding on to him and therefore mounting a stronger challenge next year. If they win something next year he may decide, this is the club for me. The knock on effect of that is that more world class players want to join Liverpool.

As I said in the post I totally appreciate that there are many more factors to each of those sales than you or me will ever know of, but if you consistently sell your best players year on year whilst others hold on to theirs you will never ever move forward.

Yes my post was a bit pie in the sky/perfect world, but the under lying theme is still there. We've gone from having 2-3 genuine world class players in the pitch each week to having 1 (Sandro) at most.

Didn't work all that well with Campbell... I'm quite sure you would have been rather critical of Levy had we ended up in another situation like that.

Liverpool didn't get a bid higher than £40m, and that was from a PL club. Had Real gone all out for Suarez I'm not so sure they would have been able to keep him.

I'm pretty sure that if the top bid for bale was 40m he'd still be here

Without a doubt, and on the flip side ( for those who think L'pool did the right thing in keeping their best player) if L'pool had been offered a world record fee he would have gone.

Appointing Sherwood is another proof that no top manager wants to work under Levy. Why would they when they will get sacked after 1-2 seasons ? Of all the managers Levy appointed during his 12 years at Spurs, Santini was the only successfull manager and he left after a few months. The rest either falls under the young managers category like Hoddle, Jol, Ramos, AVB and Sherwood or the old-and-experienced-but-with-no-success category like Pleat and Redknapp.

Was excited when we were linked with Van Gaal just a few days ago. But it must be pure rumours then, just like it was when we were linked with the likes of Mourinho and Ferguson in the past. You have to accept that no top managers in their right frame of mind would want to risk their reputation by working under Levy who sacks managers for fun !

Van Gaal explicitly stated that he would be interested in the job.

I can't think of a bigger name that any non-CL regular club could hope to get.

Back