• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

I think we are inching forwards, I just hope it's enough for a top four finish this season for Conte's sake.

Trying not to get carried away, but feels to me like a bit more than inching forward.

Obviously a lot of work left to be done, but we have a fairly strong starting 11 and quite a few good rotation, backup and bench options too.

Even with Dier, Tanganga and Skipp out against Brighton we could look for real options on the bench in Bentancur, Kulusevski, Bergwijn and Sessegnon. Doherty too looking like a decent option rather than just a squad number.

Trying not to get carried away, but feels to me like a bit more than inching forward.

Obviously a lot of work left to be done, but we have a fairly strong starting 11 and quite a few good rotation, backup and bench options too.

Even with Dier, Tanganga and Skipp out against Brighton we could look for real options on the bench in Bentancur, Kulusevski, Bergwijn and Sessegnon. Doherty too looking like a decent option rather than just a squad number.

The bench options was actually always how I felt this window might improve us - Conte previously only had about 14 players which he trusted, if that. Now with two additions, and Bergwijn looking more threatening, it feels like we have a lot more opiotns

The bench options was actually always how I felt this window might improve us - Conte previously only had about 14 players which he trusted, if that. Now with two additions, and Bergwijn looking more threatening, it feels like we have a lot more opiotns
Makes a huge difference
Two players for all positions where possible

Spence was outstanding, any idea why Boro sent him out on loan?

Neil Warnock said:
I let him go. He needed to sort himself out, really. I basically said to him that you can go to the top or you can go non-league. I think Steve Cooper is the manager for him, to be honest. He has let him go forward more often, which suits his game.

Think there's a rather decent chance that at least one or perhaps even both of the new signings end up Ndombele themselves more than bench options within the next month or so.

Upped the number of players Conte trusts, both from signings and from existing players stepping up. Can only be a good thing.

Attitude
I think @Finney Is Back may know more

Hopefully he's got his head right at forrest. If we do go for him in the summer, he'd be under no illusions. Conte has basically just binned off over £100m in talent. He'd think nothing of doing the same to spence.

Up to conte whether he wants to take the risk. Although he won't be expensive.

Attitude
I think @Finney Is Back may know more
Yep attitude.... He was basically told at Boro that it was 50-50 whether he would end up a PL player or a non-league player.

From his performances for Forest it looks as though the penny may have dropped, though I would want to hear about him in training and watch him in some bread and butter Championship games as opposed to judging only on the glamour games against PL opposition (as he was very good against Arsenal as well)

Yep attitude.... He was basically told at Boro that it was 50-50 whether he would end up a PL player or a non-league player.

From his performances for Forest it looks as though the penny may have dropped, though I would want to hear about him in training and watch him in some bread and butter Championship games as opposed to judging only on the glamour games against PL opposition (as he was very good against Arsenal as well)

Absolutely this!

I'd imagine after the crap with Ndombele etc Conte and Paratici are going to be pretty risk averse of there's the slightest hint of poor attitude.

Didn't we have a bid rejected in jan?

Last year of his contract so price will be low.
Yes I managed to miss that. 2 bids rejected because we didn't meet Boro's 15 mill asking price.
I guess that answers my risk averse idea, not even worth a 15 mill risk?

Yes I managed to miss that. 2 bids rejected because we didn't meet Boro's 15 mill asking price.
I guess that answers my risk averse idea, not even worth a 15 mill risk?

He can't play for us this season. We put out a feeler bid to test the water to see how much they want. Go back in summer.

Could it backfire? Yes.

If we went in with £15m boro would have asked for £20m. That's how it goes.

Think there's a rather decent chance that at least one or perhaps even both of the new signings end up Ndombele themselves more than bench options within the next month or so.

Upped the number of players Conte trusts, both from signings and from existing players stepping up. Can only be a good thing.

How do you "Ndombele" yourself? I might just be tired, but have read this five times now, and I just can't figure out what you're trying to say. :p

Cheers. What you say makes a lot of sense.

Hopefully we'll make a well informed decision either way.

Interesting posts, thanks.
Indeed Conte said yesterday that the most important thing is the player's attitude first, then skill etc, so he won't want a player that is a bad influence off the pitch. Even if it is just being a bit silly or only giving 90% in training, he won't want anyone like that around the place.

Back