• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

I’m a little torn on Paratici so far, I found some of my friends has some really polarising views on the success of the window and were being really negative based on the links that were not coming to fruition so I took a little break from it.

I’m on the camp that due to the limitations of January, an acceptance players will choose clubs that serially deliver CL and compared to our competitors for 4th there is cause for optimism due to our activity in the window.

That said there’s still a little way to go before I’m truly convinced.

The clearing of the decks, on the face of it is probably an immediate positive for squad morale and standard setting, but the real test is whether the loans become perm, otherwise we have just kicked the can down the road and summer moves may still be dependent on new buyers being found.

The hit rate on incomings so far isn’t great. He’s had to replace the first manager he chose and sent a player he signed for a decent chunk of our budget out on loan within 6 months.
I don’t share the optimism regarding Emerson, really don’t think being ok defensively in a 5 is enough for us and I wouldn’t be against Doherty being given a run of games as a RWB.
Romero looked a coup at the time and still no reason to think otherwise, except a fear of him being made of the same Argentina glsss as Lamela and Lo Celso.
The backup keeper doesn’t seem to have gone down well though, perhaps merciful that he is a loan.

Hoping that with Conte coming in there has been a realignment of the type of players the managers system needs which may mitigate some of the less suitable intial signings and the two new boys integrate quickly, which then gives us the opportunity to build a platform for a summer window that can really strengthen the team.

Another person gone from the top(?) echelons of the club.... Yet just watch the same old jokers (Trix, Hercules, Dragon, etc) continue to spout made up 'ITK' (when the single only common source still left at the club is Daniel Levy himself).

Another person gone from the top(?) echelons of the club.... Yet just watch the same old jokers (Trix, Hercules, Dragon, etc) continue to spout made up 'ITK' (when the single only common source still left at the club is Daniel Levy himself).
And his wife, and his brother in law (Nixon, the Brad Friedel lookalike). Cullen and Collecott have been around a long time too. But still that's pretty tight for links

Last edited:
He’s been offered a promotion, fair play to him for taking it, if we thought he was doing a bad job we’ve had plenty of chances to get rid.

He didn’t have the final call on any transfer, I’m not sure we can apportion any blame in his direction for the malaise.

He’s been offered a promotion, fair play to him for taking it, if we thought he was doing a bad job we’ve had plenty of chances to get rid.

He didn’t have the final call on any transfer, I’m not sure we can apportion any blame in his direction for the malaise.

Agree that anyone moving on for a promotion is entirely understandable.

On your second point though, he was a key part in a system which wasnt working over a number of years so has to take his share of the blame. If he felt his position was untenable because of financial restrictions, then he could have walked, but he didnt

... head of marketing Emma Taylor and head of retail Victoria Hawksley, who had both been at Tottenham for 15 years, departed. Long-serving legal consultant Selwyn Tash is no longer used.

Those exits followed the departure of Trevor Birch, who spent only three months in his role as director of football operations.

Simon Felstein, who was Tottenham’s head of communications and had been employed by the club for 16 years, left in the summer along with another member of the media team, Joe Bacon, who joined Chelsea. Senior partnerships manager Cindy Wolf left Spurs in January to take the same role at Six Nations Rugby, while Alex Thorpe, Tottenham’s senior business development manager, has also gone.

Tottenham are currently advertising to fill eight vacant positions, including marketing, sales and communication managers.

Levy's gonna be very busy doing interviews (prising talent out of other UK clubs, with the promise of our training ground in London, versus some rainy northern outpost)

Levy's gonna be very busy doing interviews (prising talent out of other UK clubs, with the promise of our training ground in London, versus some rainy northern outpost)

Don't think levy will do any interviews. Seems all down to paratici now.

I’m a little torn on Paratici so far, I found some of my friends has some really polarising views on the success of the window and were being really negative based on the links that were not coming to fruition so I took a little break from it.

I’m on the camp that due to the limitations of January, an acceptance players will choose clubs that serially deliver CL and compared to our competitors for 4th there is cause for optimism due to our activity in the window.

The clearing of the decks, on the face of it is probably an immediate positive for squad morale and standard setting, but the real test is whether the loans become perm, otherwise we have just kicked the can down the road and summer moves may still be dependent on new buyers being found.

The hit rate on incomings so far isn’t great. He’s had to replace the first manager he chose and sent a player he signed for a decent chunk of our budget out on loan within 6 months.
I don’t share the optimism regarding Emerson, really don’t think being ok defensively in a 5 is enough for us and I wouldn’t be against Doherty being given a run of games as a RWB.
Romero looked a coup at the time and still no reason to think otherwise, except a fear of him being made of the same Argentina glsss as Lamela and Lo Celso.
The backup keeper doesn’t seem to have gone down well though, perhaps merciful that he is a loan.

Hoping that with Conte coming in there has been a realignment of the type of players the managers system needs which may mitigate some of the less suitable intial signings and the two new boys integrate quickly, which then gives us the opportunity to build a platform for a summer window that can really strengthen the team.

I'm with you, he seems good at getting deals done to be fair but has he really demonstrated his knowledge and signed anyone most people weren't aware of already. Sarr potentially is one and maybe Gil but Royal for 25m when Barcelona are completely skint doesn't seem the greatest deal.

I was expecting some more unknown players or at least links to them, not Juve off casts. I mean everyone on here raves about Zakaria yet we buy players from Juve for 15-20m whilst they buy him for 6m. Maybe he wanted CL but seems they end up with a better deal for half the price.

The real effects of a DoF are seen after years, not months. Still very early.

So far at least he's been able to sign first team players that fit into what the head coach wants (Romero, Royal), while seemingly finding and signing top young talents (Gil, Sarr). Keep getting both of those right more often than not that goes a long way.

Nuno appointment was a low point. Was a difficult spot, didn't stick to his mistake for too long, got the next one spot on.

Had several clear plans going into a difficult January window, meaning that despite several setbacks we ended up getting rid of several players we wanted out (even if mostly on loan) and signing a couple of players that look good in theory at least.

Still early, I like what I'm seeing so far.

To take a pessimistic (but factual) view on Paraticis January window....

He shifted 1 player permanently. Lo Celso and Ndombele could require his time and attention again in the summer.

Despite a much lauded contacts book he had to return to the 'old boys network' to save this window from looking dry.

He shifted 1 player permanently. Lo Celso and Ndombele could require his time and attention again in the summer.

Despite a much lauded contacts book he had to return to the 'old boys network' to save this window from looking dry.

Shifting one of the out of favour players permanently counts as a win in my book, not a negative. Just as factual. If the expectation was to sell two or more of those three in January that's a problem of expectation, not outcome imo.

Him signing players from Juve, his old club, is factual. Him having to do that to save the window is not, that's speculative.

Him wanting players he's previously wanted, players he knows a lot about is hardly surprising. It does not mean that this was the only option he could turn to.

Shifting one of the out of favour players permanently counts as a win in my book, not a negative. Just as factual. If the expectation was to sell two or more of those three in January that's a problem of expectation, not outcome imo.

Him signing players from Juve, his old club, is factual. Him having to do that to save the window is not, that's speculative.

Him wanting players he's previously wanted, players he knows a lot about is hardly surprising. It does not mean that this was the only option he could turn to.
That was my pessimistic take...I can do my positive take if you want?

They could both be looked at as positives. The first point is better than nothing. The second point might be the reason we got stuff done and others didn't.

Feel free to do whatever take you want. As always appreciate your input.

My comment was more on your claim that this was factual. Some of it was, most of it wasn't imo.
I'm just prepping you for what the naysayers will say when the fat lady sings. (It's only the old lady singing at the moment;))

Fwiw on balance it's a good window (especially for January). Conte has assessed who is not mentally strong enough and we've acted to get them away from the club. (Not inc Gil) The two coming in (and with Paraticis inside track on them) are likely to be mentally strong and have potential ability upsides.
A leaner more focussed group.
A first shuffle before summer.

For our top 4 chance to remain optimal, we are vunerable if any of Lloris, Davies and Kane get injured and are of course reliant on Doherty becoming 'Wolves like' in his RWB performances. (Although maybe, Conte has a plan for someone else?)

Even if we done nothing in the window we'd have a good chance as our league position up to this point has proven. And if compared to our top 4 rivals our window can fairly be judged as being the best.

The real effects of a DoF are seen after years, not months. Still very early.

So far at least he's been able to sign first team players that fit into what the head coach wants (Romero, Royal), while seemingly finding and signing top young talents (Gil, Sarr). Keep getting both of those right more often than not that goes a long way.

Nuno appointment was a low point. Was a difficult spot, didn't stick to his mistake for too long, got the next one spot on.

Had several clear plans going into a difficult January window, meaning that despite several setbacks we ended up getting rid of several players we wanted out (even if mostly on loan) and signing a couple of players that look good in theory at least.

Still early, I like what I'm seeing so far.
Well of course. But it would be no fun to appraise along the way.

Like I say I think the Emerson signing doesn’t look a good one, but prepared to give the benefit of the doubt if he has the attributes Nuno requested and also more time under Conte to adjust to a new league, team and style of play.
The young talents, one cost quite a lot of money and has been loaned out to Spain. I actually liked the look of him technically but I’m not sure where he fits into our team. With Sarr, there’s every reason to be positive given the effort we have made to sign and loan back but it’s a neutral until we see him play for us.
I’m really trying not to be half empty, just noting there’s been a couple of missteps (which have been corrected reasonably promptly but will have a cost) but the next time for review will be at the end of the season regarding the impact January manoeuvres have had, then the summer to see if the dead wood is really cleared and allows us to then strengthen.

I’m a Spurs fan, I have to caveat my optimism with fear!!

The reactions to Spurs/Paratici's transfer dealings from some mainstream media are amusing.

The Guardian, which clearly does not approve of 'Spores' had their dull Irish copy boy, Barry Geldedning, write a snarky piece that included this line; 'It’s reassuring to see Spurs floundering in the morass of the transfer market...'.

The Goonergraph was noted a page back for that sour summation of Spurs staff departures, says 'Tottenham upheaval continues'.

The Daily Melee, who generally have noted Arsenal (Mokbel) and West Ham (Samuel) fans write Spurs articles say Paratici has "dithered" and that his signings have "backfired".

None go into any detail about cleaning house of deadwood or the potential upside of the duo acquired from Juventus. None tout Spurs chances for a top four finish. It's all just pi55y misery that truly reads like it came from those grateful for leaks and tips provided by Hitchen or departing staff. I'd say that tells us Paratici has done a good job.

Serie A observer Gab Marcotti at ESPN was quite positive about our incomings and how it boosts chances for a top four finish and he's rarely upbeat about Spurs.

Last edited:
Back