• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Royal may not be a world beater, but our squad would've looked a hell of a lot worse without him. Maybe a case of needs must, so a plus for Paratici?
Royal has been class, he just wasnt bought for a 3 at the back system. In a flat back 4 he was looking a very well suited addition.

With regards Paratici it is obviously still early in his reign but the signings have for the most part made sense and covered actual holes in the squad. To early to judge this window but I'm happy with them in principle.

Most importantly he got rid of some of the dead wood. That was was possibly my biggest hope for this window. Cutting quite a bit of the fat we leave us a leaner machine, one with the scope for future enhancements but also helps grow the comaradarie of those players remaining who fully buy into the system.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Royal may not be a world beater, but our squad would've looked a hell of a lot worse without him. Maybe a case of needs must, so a plus for Paratici?
Royal has been class, he just wasnt bought for a 3 at the back system. In a flat back 4 he was looking a very well suited addition.

With regards Paratici it is obviously still early in his reign but the signings have for the most part made sense and covered actual holes in the squad. To early to judge this window but I'm happy with them in principle.

Most importantly he got rid of some of the dead wood. That was was possibly my biggest hope for this window. Cutting quite a bit of the fat we leave us a leaner machine, one with the scope for future enhancements but also helps grow the comaradarie of those players remaining who fully buy into the system.

Why is it that teams like Leicester and Villa identify targets, then bring them in without much fuss, but Spurs continually, nearly every transfer, drags on. Must be something solely about us no?

Ok now we the window is over. Villa, failed with bisouma, failed with aaron hickey and oh yes bentancur.

Perception. As a spurs fan you see our failures, but only notice other teams successes. When they are completed. Not noticing how long they take.

Ok now we the window is over. Villa, failed with bisouma, failed with aaron hickey and oh yes bentancur.

Perception. As a spurs fan you see our failures, but only notice other teams successes. When they are completed. Not noticing how long they take.

It's not just perception though. We have had entire season with 2x windows where we brought in no one, and other windows with single additions. Yes there are clubs who have similarly have only brought a single player in, none but us have ever never brought in at least single player in across a season. We also more regularly than most other clubs (I do pay attention to this) complete a higher percentage of our transfers on the deadline day. So sure a perception but one borne out of some degree of reality.

Last edited:
It's not just perception though. We have had entire windows where we brought in no one, and other windows with single additions. Yes there are clubs who have similarly have only brought a single player in, none but us have ever never brought in at least single player in across a season. We also more regularly than most other clubs (I do pay attention to this) complete a higher percentage of our transfers on the deadline day. So sure a perception but one borne out of some degree of reality.

We've had entire windows where we didn't bring in anyone? How many teams didn't bring in anyone this window?

An entire season I meant to say. [emoji28]

It was 4 years ago. Since the stadium has been open we have brought players in. 7 in the last 2 windows even with covid.

We haven't got the funds of chelsea or utd or city. Big signings have failed miserably. But we have a great chance of top 4. We're improving. Try to enjoy it.

It was 4 years ago. Since the stadium has been open we have brought players in. 7 in the last 2 windows even with covid.

We haven't got the funds of chelsea or utd or city. Big signings have failed miserably. But we have a great chance of top 4. We're improving. Try to enjoy it.
Who said I wasn't enjoying? I just pointed out why some people have the view they do. It hasn't come out of thin air, there are very valid reasons for those that feel that way to do so. Rather than be condescending maybe attempt to see things from more than just your own perspective.

You're just padding your 'like' stats with that repeat posting.

The season of no transfers was clearly an issue specific to the circumstances of that time, mostly the delay in moving in to the new stadium with final costs unknown- I'm not sure why it needs to harked back to as a concern for future transfer activity.

Who said I wasn't enjoying? I just pointed out why some people have the view they do. It hasn't come out of thin air, there are very valid reasons for those that feel that way to do so. Rather than be condescending maybe attempt to see things from more than just your own perspective.

I get your perspective. You want new owners. I do too.

But i don't moan about it all the time.

Not going to lie, part of me is a little dubious of the double Juve signing, essentially enabling them lot to buy Vlahovic + Zakaria whilst we pick up the slack on creative accounting loan to permanent transfers (this part maybe due to GLC looking relatively good up until we finalised it). It’s perhaps unreasonable envy as we were never going to be the one for Vlahovic with Kane still being here and Zakaria tbh I’m going on how highly rated he is rather than first hand experience watching him play.

Signings hitting the ground running aren’t really our forte, so for all the talk of the new arrivals working in a Conte system they will still have to adapt to a new league + lifestyle. The “I hope I’m proved wrong” is perhaps overused despite being true, so whilst hopeful both will have a good impact I’m not going to be ranting and raving at them if we fall short of CL due to a lack of usable options to mix it up. It’s not a case of slagging off either player, haven’t watched any serie a in a while but one is only a year older than Gil, a kid supposedly so class we let him leave on loan back to sunny Spain, more tempering of expectations rather than throwing toys out of the pram.

It’s a move in a right direction getting GLC and Tanguy off the books but only a temporary one, come the summer if neither prosper it’s going to be something everyone can be surprised about when it affects our summer dealings but fingers crossed that won’t be the case.

*Awaits helpful “wait and see how things turn out!” / “Stop moaning you moany prick” replies :)

Not going to lie, part of me is a little dubious of the double Juve signing, essentially enabling them lot to buy Vlahovic + Zakaria whilst we pick up the slack on creative accounting loan to permanent transfers (this part maybe due to GLC looking relatively good up until we finalised it). It’s perhaps unreasonable envy as we were never going to be the one for Vlahovic with Kane still being here and Zakaria tbh I’m going on how highly rated he is rather than first hand experience watching him play.

Signings hitting the ground running aren’t really our forte, so for all the talk of the new arrivals working in a Conte system they will still have to adapt to a new league + lifestyle. The “I hope I’m proved wrong” is perhaps overused despite being true, so whilst hopeful both will have a good impact I’m not going to be ranting and raving at them if we fall short of CL due to a lack of usable options to mix it up. It’s not a case of slagging off either player, haven’t watched any serie a in a while but one is only a year older than Gil, a kid supposedly so class we let him leave on loan back to sunny Spain, more tempering of expectations rather than throwing toys out of the pram.

It’s a move in a right direction getting GLC and Tanguy off the books but only a temporary one, come the summer if neither prosper it’s going to be something everyone can be surprised about when it affects our summer dealings but fingers crossed that won’t be the case.

*Awaits helpful “wait and see how things turn out!” / “Stop moaning you moany prick” replies :)

Nobody knows how they'll turn out. We'll all have to wait and see. Same as any transfer.

Nobody knows how they'll turn out. We'll all have to wait and see. Same as any transfer.

You saw the last line and decided to see if i’d bite regardless, why ever comment anything about transfers at all is your point? You must be as bored as I am.

A few big key things in this window have happened to us and our rivals for that 4th place
One club is reeling with their next big thing being currently detained for a number of reasons… they also shifted some players with NO additions so are weaker
Another club wanted a striker they could never get and ended up losing more players from their squad
The club with new investors brought no one too
We however shifted out £400k a weeks worth of wages for players that we never played abs don’t want.
we added two players who have won trophies playing in their current league and are players we do want, and they want to be here. That’s a much better scenario and we now have a team rather than parts of it

You saw the last line and decided to see if i’d bite regardless, why ever comment anything about transfers at all is your point? You must be as bored as I am.

I always say give them a season to see how they get on. Son was slated his first few months here.

We can comment about what they've done at previous clubs and how we think they'd fit the system. But deciding they're brick before they've even kicked a ball for us is gonad*s (not ssying you are doing that). Which some of our fans do and it makes it difficult for them to settle.

Back