• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup Thread

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round Draw: Arsenal (A)

How are they allowed to get away with this! Why have they built a stadium that doesn't allow clubs to be offered their full allocation!

As I've already mentioned those 4k tickets that belong to us should remain unsold!

How do we always get screwed! Let's go there beat them and then screw the FA Cup, we have other priorities (yes, I know what it means to Spurs and our history and I love the competition) but someone should be able to say if they can't conform to the regulations then they shouldn't stage the cup tie.

Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur
Saturday 4 January 2013
Kick Off 5.15pm
Ticket Allocation: 5,186
Prices: Adult - £62, Over 65 - £26.50, Under 16 - £23.50

One Hotspur Season ticket holders are now able to apply online. Tickets will be allocated in accordance with the Loyalty Point system.

The Club applied for the maximum allocation of 9000 tickets (15%) for the forthcoming FA Cup third round tie at the Emirates Stadium. Following lengthy conversations, Arsenal Football Club has advised us that on safety and security grounds, experienced at previous Cup fixtures this season, they are only able to provide an allocation of 5,186 (8.64%).

As the security issues cited related to safety in the Upper Tier we subsequently requested an extended allocation in the Lower Tier. We have been informed that this is also not possible due to segregation and safety issues.

We appreciate that this will mean that many of our supporters will not be able to attend this fixture but unfortunately the host club has stated it is impossible to increase the allocation offered to us for this fixture.

In the event of a replay taking place at White Hart Lane, Arsenal will be provided with a reduced allocation equivalent to the percentage that we have received at the Emirates Stadium.

Please note that following a rule change the pricing for FA Cup games is set exclusively by the home club.

In the event that this match is drawn, the replay will be in the week commencing 13 January. Tickets for a replay would be priced at our Category B pricing level.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/fa-cup-ticket-details-arsenal-131213/

How are they allowed to get away with this! Why have they built a stadium that doesn't allow clubs to be offered their full allocation!

As I've already mentioned those 4k tickets that belong to us should remain unsold!

How do we always get screwed! Let's go there beat them and then screw the FA Cup, we have other priorities (yes, I know what it means to Spurs and our history and I love the competition) but someone should be able to say if they can't conform to the regulations then they shouldn't stage the cup tie.

This. Call me paranoid but I'm dead certain that we wouldn't get away with repeatedly doing what they do.

rough calculations if every ST holder applies; people with 286 loyalty points should be enough

If we get a replay hope we reciprocate the arrangement! Joke of a decision, apparently they let Chelski have the full allocation for the COC match, anyone know if this is true? If it is surely we can appeal to the FA?

The rules about 15% for away fans was in place when the stadium was built, they should have been denide planning permission until they could deal with 9000 away fans. If they can only give us 5,186 (8.64%) then the capacity for this game should be set at 34573 in which case we will have 15% and the rules will not have been breached yet again.

I do remember then giving us a reduced allocation for the Carling Cup semi final a few years ago on the proviso that they would have to plan for increased segregation in the future. Well they have breached that agreement.

The rules about 15% for away fans was in place when the stadium was built, they should have been denide planning permission until they could deal with 9000 away fans. If they can only give us 5,186 (8.64%) then the capacity for this game should be set at 34573 in which case we will have 15% and the rules will not have been breached yet again.
You are absolutely right. It just won't happen. The rules have been bend and broken for Woolwich in the past. And this practice will continue in the future as well, unfortunately.

It's obvs not an issue for them to give 9k as they have done so before, Chelsea this season for example. The issue must be with the fact it is Spurs fans.

This really is a joke. How can we get punished for Arsenal's shortcomings when it comes to safety and segregation between home and away supporters?

If there is a problem there, the obvious solution is to sell fewer tickets to home supporters, so that there is sufficient space between the two sets of fans, not to cut down on the number of tickets to the away team. We have the right to our full allocation, and it is their responsibility as the host club to provide it to us.

As others have also pointed out, they have a new stadium, the rules were already in place when it was built, and when clubs with much older stadiums can find a solution to this challenge, then surely Arsenal, with a very modern stadium could also have found one, if they had been bothered. They really have no excuse.

If we can't be given more than 5,186 tickets, Viper is also correct that the total capacity should be reduced so that we get our 15 %.

I am disppointed we have accepted this, though. I am also disappointed that the FA haven't taken action, when it is so obvious what the right thing to do would be.

Ultimately, if Arsenal can't follow the regulations of the FA-cup, we should be given a home tie instead.

We have to make sure our new stadium, though obviously capable of providing the full allocation, can offer exactly the same number of tickets as they do in case we get a home draw.

Arsenal said in summer all league and fa cup games would be cat c. The cynic in me says spurs and most likely levy has agreed to a lower allocation but at cat a prices as it's half the gate

Why bother? What are they expecting it to say?

I'd love to know what discussions took place on this. It's so blatantly just us they don't give the full allocation to and like so many people have already said, how the **** did they get planning application approval for this **** hole if it can't stage fa cup games correctly? Thst doing exactly the right thing, at the very least it highlights the issue in the media and hopefully the **** will at the very least be embarrassed by the fiasco.

I think we need to have a hard line about this and state that those extra 4k seats ARE NOT ****in sold. We still retain those seats and we could have, as Steff aka AVB suggested, flags and **** all over it.

What should happen is the FA should intervene and say that either we get our full alocation, or Arsenal reduce the ammount of home tickets they sell so that we still get our 15% share. I remember this happening in the league cup semi's a few years ago. Disgusting how Arsenal always do this, very underhanded. And notice that this 'security issue' has never been an issue with any other club that has ever faced them, but with us it has twice.

Still, whether we're winning losing or drawing, whether we have 10 fans and they have 60,000 our supporters will always make more noise than those plastics!

More skulduggery from the team that always decides it doesn't want to play the Boxing Day fixture. What do we expect...

makes no financial sense for them, they won't sell the home seats out anyway, why not get another 4000 x £63 in, another 8000 beers sold, another 4000 bagels, they are leaving money on the table

Back