• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 5th Round Draw

The league table says we're the 3rd best team in the country, the top two have been knocked out, yet we're still only 3rd favs to win the FA Cup.

It's because Chelsea have won a hell of a lot more than us in recent years and a couple of injuries will make us go fairly limp fairly quickly if in the uncovered parts of the team.

Why do you want us to be favourites anway? Good to be the underdog...

Obviously the odds will change tomorrow but right now bookies say Chelsea and Liverpool are better than us, we're still seen as little Tottenham punching above their weight by the public.

Totally agree with you here, we have been better then liverpool for a couple of years now as well. Chelsea with a new manager are not playing well yet they have better odds then us seems strange.

It's because Chelsea have won a hell of a lot more than us in recent years and a couple of injuries will make us go fairly limp fairly quickly if in the uncovered parts of the team.

Why do you want us to be favourites anway? Good to be the underdog...

I don't "want" us to be favourites but we deserve to be, or atleast level with Chelsea. I just don't think we're taken seriously, we're basically seen as Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Spurs finishing above the mighty LIVERPOOL FC for the past two seasons, recently beating them 4-0 and currently 11 points ahead of them in the league is completely irrelevant apparently. They've got King Kenny and the Kop, we've got chicken badge.

I woudnt complain with anybody at home, even Chelsea,Arsenal or Liverpool. We will probably have to beat at least one of these 3 to win it, better chance of doing it at home.
If we do get one of them at home, I hope the other 2 meet each other aw well, that would really open it all up

It would make sense to want a lower league team at home - we want to get as far as possible whilst watching the other EPL teams trip up. I don't want it to be detrimental to our league form or our morale. I would however rather face the goons at home rather than Stoke - something lightweight rather than a battle. We also know our players will play in 4th gear against lowly opposition (rightly too at times unless it's the 2nd/3rd string).

The FA Cup is a lovely comp but we really have a chance to do something wonderful in the EPL...

I'll opt for the goons or chelsea at home, both are troubled in the EPL and still in the ECL.

Oh I don't know...

Woolwich Nomads, Chelski or The English Martyrs (not the church side I played against in The Sunday Sportsman League) at Home better to get them out of the way early.

Chelsea have won 3 out of the past 5 FA cups, as well as a league title. We've won one carling cup. In a 'horrific' season for them and an 'excellent' one for us, we're five points ahead of them.

I would say that they are completely justified in their favourite status, above all the other teams currently left in the competition.

Liverpool I disagree with, I think we should be at least even with them. But I guess their status is is based on them knocking out the favourites and, other than the game against us, having raised their game very well against all the other top teams so far this season. I'd rather not face them tbh, let them get knocked out by Bolton or Brighton or some brick like that. Arsenal vs. Chelsea as well please.

I'd like us to get lower league teams at home for as long as possible please. As Papercut says, nice and easy, allows us to rest players. Unlike something like the Britannia, where we'll have to play a full team, get roughed up and have no guarantee of getting the required result.

I'd like us to get lower league teams at home for as long as possible please. As Papercut says, nice and easy, allows us to rest players. Unlike something like the Britannia, where we'll have to play a full team, get roughed up and have no guarantee of getting the required result.

I actually have a funny feeling we are going to get Stoke Away (again), but I also think we are going to see another massive clash.
City/United...Liverpool/United......bring on Everton v Liverpool

Arsenal at White Hart Lane please - would love to knock them out + any extra game against them is always welcome

I think Liverpool v Arsenal next round as we draw home to Brighton
Nailed on again that the Gooners will be at home.
The amount of times they get drawn at home defies the odds and I fancy them to get either Brighton or Crawley :-( . Would love to think Villa would do 'em but #luckyArsenal will get through!

I don't "want" us to be favourites but we deserve to be, or atleast level with Chelsea. I just don't think we're taken seriously, we're basically seen as Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Spurs finishing above the mighty LIVERPOOL FC for the past two seasons, recently beating them 4-0 and currently 11 points ahead of them in the league is completely irrelevant apparently. They've got King Kenny and the Kop, we've got chicken badge.
Can't remember who was interviewing Dalglish after the game, but he asked the question something along the lines of - "Do you think this is now the foundation for you to build something really special?".....

I dunno what Dalglish's answer was because I was choking on my tea and biscuits I thought the question was such a ridiculous one.

fudge Liverpool. I really fudging hope we turn them over at Anfield. Really, really hope.

Still, FA Cup..... be nice to progress again. Champions League qualification and an FA Cup. That'd be a top season. Let's not get carried away though!

Some really good potential games
Everton v Liverpool
Combinations of Chelsea,Tottenham and probably Arsenal, Millwall still in the hat too
Brighton v Crawley or poss Southampton
Throw in a possible Midlands 'derby' Leicester,Stoke,Birmingham

Back