• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** FA Cup 4th Round - Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project **

Johnson, Kulusevski, Bentancur, Romero, Richarlison, Vicario when it mattered most
I am not sure I can really be arsed to sit here and listen to you cite the reasons for each of those - but having watched the whole game, I think the word you are looking for rather than bottled is outclassed. City were stronger in each department of the pitch than us.

There was no bottling, what there was was a sure sign that we are short some of our key central midfielders, our talisman up top and we're still trying to learn to play with the new forward we have.

Johnson, Kulusevski, Bentancur, Romero, Richarlison, Vicario when it mattered most
Johnson at an absolute push (although he’s played far more than he should have this season, and it’s starting to look like that)…but I’d be fascinated to know the detail on how any of the rest of that list ‘bottled it.’

Johnson at an absolute push (although he’s played far more than he should have this season, and it’s starting to look like that)…but I’d be fascinated to know the detail on how any of the rest of that list ‘bottled it.’
Johnson didn’t bottle it
None of them did
But some played poorly
It happens
You can do that against some teams

So I guess the pressure now comes if we don't go on to make top 4... How does the season get classified if that's the trajectory we start to head in?

I'd be having a chat to Klopp on the sly

Disregarding the last line as Klopp for now has stated he won't manage in England because of the bond he has with the city / fans....

But the rest is an interesting question. 5th to 7th / 8th would seem underwhelming with the start we had, but was probably what most would have expected at the start of the season given the massive transition.

Given the players we have to come back in + the performances (even if we lose we haven't looked properly awful against anyone), one would hope we'll get CL but things aren't always as simple as they seem.

I'd like to think I'd still be chuffed with a league finish getting in to Europa League alongside an enjoyable style of football + for the most part uniting the fanbase and having a team to be proud of. We're still early on in the project so the idea of talking to other managers would be a bit farfetched unless we properly crashed and burned for the remainder of the season.

The top teams have room to improve, top 4 isn't going to be easy but even if we don't make it, it feels like more sustainable groundwork for a first season compared to Conte who did get top 4 in not even a full first season. It still wouldn't feel like Ange would have necessarily underperformed compared to him. If we end up getting Nusa for next season it shows there's real planning for what's to come and a lot of young talent in the team, that's why I wouldn't be devastated with EL. I don't really care about the spreadsheets, I'd rather win the winnable competitions whilst giving our young players time to develop.

I thought Vicario should have made more of the contact he was getting on every corner, just fall over at every nudge.

Thought Johnson made the wrong decision on his quarter chance too, never gonna score like that from there, just play it past the keeper and make sure there is contact for a penalty.

Could have been smarter tonight.

I thought Vicario should have made more of the contact he was getting on every corner, just fall over at every nudge.

Thought Johnson made the wrong decision on his quarter chance too, never gonna score like that from there, just play it past the keeper and make sure there is contact for a penalty.

Vic should have hit the deck and waited for the ref before the ball was struxk
The fact he got to the ball meant they would debate whether it was a foul

Typical, label them a troll when they tell harsh truths. Soft as the players.
I don't think you understand the difference between bottling and the obvious quality difference between ourselves and City today. That's not say we should just accept losing, we put up a good fight were excellent defensively but where it fell down was the obvious area. Our midfield that played today is not of the required quality nor are the 3 attacker's (their performances exacerbated by the poorness of the midfield).

A lack of quality is not the same thing as bottling.

Vic should have hit the deck and waited for the ref before the ball was struxk
The fact he got to the ball meant they would debate whether it was a foul
easy in hindsight but at the time he was responding to the threat in front of him.

He fell over for the goal and it wasn't called as a foul by either the ref or VAR, so to suggest he should have done more of that is an intriguing one.

We should probably have been more proactive in getting someone else in there to protect him. Teams sticking a player on the keeper isn't a new one, and the delivery in for the goal was perfect in terms of being around a keeper that was not really in a position to get something clean on it.

I'd rather have less of the falling about myself, Doku was embarrassing tonight in the short space of time he was on the pitch. As was Cuti + Richy with their face clutching antics, they've got to know they're being filmed right and that footage is monitored, so there's nothing to gain.....

He fell over for the goal and it wasn't called as a foul by either the ref or VAR, so to suggest he should have done more of that is an intriguing one.

We should probably have been more proactive in getting someone else in there to protect him. Teams sticking a player on the keeper isn't a new one, and the delivery in for the goal was perfect in terms of being around a keeper that was not really in a position to get something clean on it.

I'd rather have less of the falling about myself, Doku was embarrassing tonight in the short space of time he was on the pitch. As was Cuti + Richy with their face clutching antics, they've got to know they're being filmed right and that footage is monitored, so there's nothing to gain.....
Doku should have got a second yellow for his … it was weird
Why do it when there is var

We've finished top 4 more often than not in our recent history. We made Real Madrid look like a championship side at home not that long ago.

We shouldn't accept players not matching an away teams effort at the lane. No wonder we're viewed as bottlers as a club when our fans accept this kind of result so willingly.
I fundamentally disagree with you about being bottlers or lacking effort. Actually this season the mood from other fans is that we're everyone's second favourite team. Why? Because we're brave, play a high line of defence with ballsy players playing out from the back despite the dangers inherent in that. So bottlers is literally the furthest from the mark comment applicable tonight, or at all this season.

That we finished 4th before has absolutely zero bearing on where we are now. Leicester won the league in 2016 and now are in the Championship. Manchester Utd steamrollered everyone for a generation under Fergie. Just because they did, does that mean they have a GHod given right to do it now? Not on your nelly. Same applies to us. History is lovely to look back on but its history.

At best you're a fan who is upset we've lost, at worst your a baiter looking for a verbal fight. If you're the latter then go find somewhere else to act like that.

Can't believe I've had to support the cheats because they're usually against the Goons or Liverpool in a race for honours. When you can bring on the likes of De Bruyne and Doku from the bench what chance does anyone else have? And that's without Haaland aswell. Walker can get to f.uck aswell.

Can't believe I've had to support the cheats because they're usually against the Goons or Liverpool in a race for honours. When you can bring on the likes of De Bruyne and Doku from the bench what chance does anyone else have? And that's without Haaland aswell. Walker can get to f.uck aswell.
£100m Grealish unused sub 🤣

We were outplayed and didn’t create enough to win. We gave the ball away too easily on too many occasions (and not necessarily when city were pressing us). But it was looking like we’d get the replay. In the end it felt gutting because of the nature of their goal. Standing behind the goal I didn’t think it was a foul and thought Vic would normally have done better. Disappointing but meeting City in this round with players away or just returning from injury hampered us and was probably a round too soon.

We will get there with Ange. Of that I feel sure. If we can keep focused we can get top 4 this season. And that would be a huge achievement.

Back