• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Considering Selling Wembley

On a more parochial note, I think we are in grave danger of getting shafted here :rolleyes:

yet again

it is amazing how many times it happens over the years

wonder whether we needed bother with designing the stadium in a certain way when it could have been just for football

On a more parochial note, I think we are in grave danger of getting shafted here :rolleyes:

You're thinking the new stadium won't be needed as much by the NFL if this guy buys Wembley?

We've all been to Wembley - you can't seriously think that our new stadium won't make it look second rate?

We've all been to Wembley - you can't seriously think that our new stadium won't make it look second rate?

If the money goes to Wembley that is where NFL will be played. It would suck but I don't honestly think what the fans want would count for much.

Wouldn’t be suprised If they changed the pitch at Wembley for something similar to ours... they have done so many modifications to the ground since it’s been built they would look at that too

Wouldn’t be suprised If they changed the pitch at Wembley for something similar to ours... they have done so many modifications to the ground since it’s been built they would look at that too
How could they do that though when the stands and podiums havent been built to cater for it?

The small number of events at Wembley mean a grass pitch is absolutely fine.

I wouldn't worry.

The Jags moving to London won't be happening anytime soon. The deal to play 2 games at the Lane will still be there.

If the Jags owner wants to control his own stadium in the UK potentially for his team then Wembley is his only choice.

If and when the NFL agree to the Jags moving to London the experiment will benefit us , as if successful, the NFL will be open to a London team in the shape of a franchise expansion. This has the potential not to have a team as tenants in our stadium, but an actual team created and owned by ENIC with all the £££ that go with it.

The Jags will be a test case but will actually be helped, by rivalry, logistics for the league, to have another team in the same city.

How could they do that though when the stands and podiums havent been built to cater for it?

The small number of events at Wembley mean a grass pitch is absolutely fine.

Dunno

They could excavate a big hole

They made the front block do seats on end contract into the skews for concerts as it effected the amount of room needed and that cost £50m

The FA gave the go ahead for the Premier League to become the dominant football authority in England, undermining their own role. They are run by turkeys who would vote for Christmas. So I have every confidence that this deal has been thought out with the rigour you would expect.

The Fa are missing one big thing here, once you sell your largest asset its a slippery slope, yeh they might get 500m off the bat, but once its sold its sold, that sit, no going back.

The Fa are missing one big thing here, once you sell your largest asset its a slippery slope, yeh they might get 500m off the bat, but once its sold its sold, that sit, no going back.

Do they need it though?

They could conceivably turn the cup finals and EMNT home games into touring games and “sell” them around UK stadiums for a fee and a cut of merchandising/concessions.

Doesnt look good on our side but we dont know all the facts, it couple end up with a NFL east, NFL west, NFL Europe setup in the longer term with then playoffs between all teams to the superbowl.

_101062639_2604-dailyexpress.jpg

_101062637_2604dailystar.jpg

_101062638_2604-thesun2.jpg

Do they need it though?

They could conceivably turn the cup finals and EMNT home games into touring games and “sell” them around UK stadiums for a fee and a cut of merchandising/concessions.

Maybe maybe not, I imagine the long term real estate value is worth considering though

Back