• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Considering Selling Wembley

That’s what I was wondering It might come down to the fact we want more for providing a more suitable purpose built offering, unless the plan is to redevelop Wembley to facilitate this?
Wembley has 4 cHanging rooms so ticks that box, but doesn’t have the pitch needed

Last edited:
well it actually looks like the F.A. are talking to him

I am absolutely shocked at this, the are close to getting the debt paid off 2022 I read. So they would just be selling for a short term money boast which they would likely squander as such organisations always do. Read the would put money into grass roots, what a load of gonad*s it would just get wasted here there and everywhere. They would then be left without their own proper stadium.

Everything in this country is for sale with no regard to the future, it is rather sad.

Ohhhh, this is a very shrewd move on Khan's part. A bold stroke. Let's just start with the considerations regarding Fulham FC.

If he owns Wembley, he has a place for Fulham to play while Craven Cottage is given an even saucier, sexier upgrade from the one just recently approved. He's clearly got the money to make that happen.

Spurs have made a great case for using the added capacity of Wembley as a way to grow a fan base. So why should Fulham, clearly on course to earn promotion, be exempt from that process? They've got a huge star-in-the-making in young Ryan Sessegnon, someone you can build a team around. When they clinch promotion, they'll clearly have the grounds, to say nothing of the finances, to hold onto him. A year or two at Wembley, at can't-say-no ticket prices, might do wonders for their appeal to new fans.

As for any misplaced notion about moving the club, you don't leave that posh Fulham neighbourhood lightly. Fabulous place full of medical professionals. Demographics to die for. When the time comes, they'll move back and Craven Cottage will definitely be a 'Go To' destination. But no rush if Khan owns Wembley.

On another hand, he now controls the one stadium his much un-loved neighbours, Chelsea, would logically hope to move into when their stadium re-build is set to begin. In fact, that re-build may well conflict directly with the re-furbishing of Craven Cottage. So Chelsea might well be told to 'pi55 up a rope', Fulham need Wembley and actually own it. Oh, wouldn't that go over well in the west wing of the Kremlin?

Now, ponder what this means for Khan's NFL team, the Jacksonville Jaguars. He can comfortably move them full time into a grand, world famous stadium and the NFL owners will take one look at the choice - London vs. a scruffy norf Florida city that gave us Lynyrd Skynyrd - and giddily, laughingly make an instant decision.

By taking over Wembley, Khan is no longer in thrall to our beloved Daniel Levy to pay heavy rent for Spurs wonderful new MegaLane facility. He has a powerful bargaining chip to achieve lower rents if he should choose to play at MegaLane, which offers a perfectly tailored showcase for the NFL. But he is no longer over a barrel.

Which raises an interesting point of speculation. If the NFL thinks London is such a great marketplace, might it consider placing two full-time franchises there?

It's not beyond the realm of possibility. Two teams in London would not only create an instant rivalry, but make travel logistics for American-based clubs a lot easier. It would also set a strong foundation in place for an eventual European division with at least one team in Germany a very real prospect down the road. Again, natural, historic rivalries in that situation would stir interest.

A very interesting twist in the plot from a man who clearly sees bigger pictures than most others.

They need 75% approval from the other nfl owners to move .Can't see it happening that quickly.
Anyway sounds like a levy bid stadium cost £750mill to make will offer £800mill.Only way a franchise comes to whl is if enic or who ever owns the club in the future has an nfl team.

Spurs have made a great case for using the added capacity of Wembley as a way to grow a fan base. So why should Fulham, clearly on course to earn promotion, be exempt from that process? They've got a huge star-in-the-making in young Ryan Sessegnon, someone you can build a team around. When they clinch promotion, they'll clearly have the grounds, to say nothing of the finances, to hold onto him. A year or two at Wembley, at can't-say-no ticket prices, might do wonders for their appeal to new fans..

Not sure they have the same scope to though, we had a waiting list of fans to do that and more

I find it hard to believe all is as it seems. Khan is playing a game, but I'm not sure what it is.

Apparently he has a proposal for a multi-billion development around the Jaguars stadium. My understanding is that it involves some old industrial sites that have been "covered over" to contain the contamination and would need special approval for other uses (conference centre, hotel, etc). The threat to move the Jaguars to London could open the door to government subsidies, something NFL owners love more than cut-throat capitalism.

They need 75% approval from the other nfl owners to move .Can't see it happening that quickly.
Anyway sounds like a levy bid stadium cost £750mill to make will offer £800mill.Only way a franchise comes to whl is if enic or who ever owns the club in the future has an nfl team.

NFL owners have a history of approving any activity that works to increase the overall average value of their franchises.

For example, despite every other major professional sport having moved into Canada, particularly in the large, wealthy market of Toronto, they haven't for fear of damaging the Canadian Football League, which often serves as a useful place for prospect development and as a foil in anti-trust accusations. Yet they allowed a joint bid by a Toronto group and rock singer John Bon Jovi to bid in the auction for the Buffalo Bills.

It wasn't about bringing a team to Toronto. The group worked to force up the winning bid price to $1.4 billion, thereby using the league's smallest and least valued franchise to be sold for a fee that ever-so-slightly inched up the average franchise value north of the estimated $1.3 billion that existed before the Bills auction. Forbes currently values Buffalo at $1.6 billion, the lowest of the 32 franchises. Dallas Cowboys are tops at around $5 billion.

The Jaguars franchise value is around $2 billion. If Khan's bid for Wembley opened the doors for the Jaguars to move to London, you can be sure the value of that franchise would instantly soar at least 50% of that, thereby floating all boats higher on a rising financial tide.

The NFL owners would vote for that in a heartbeat.

I find it hard to believe all is as it seems. Khan is playing a game, but I'm not sure what it is.

Apparently he has a proposal for a multi-billion development around the Jaguars stadium. My understanding is that it involves some old industrial sites that have been "covered over" to contain the contamination and would need special approval for other uses (conference centre, hotel, etc). The threat to move the Jaguars to London could open the door to government subsidies, something NFL owners love more than cut-throat capitalism.

Jacksonville is hardly a promising place for corporate culture to flourish. It may, someday, benefit if more hurricanes continue to create traumatic flooding in southern Florida, like we saw last year around Miami, and corporations chose to relocate elsewhere in Florida. But Jacksonville is also a coastal city and experienced some flooding as well. It's hardly a basis for building a future on, be it a business or a sports team that needs a strong corporate presence to support it.

well it actually looks like the F.A. are talking to him

I am absolutely shocked at this, the are close to getting the debt paid off 2022 I read. So they would just be selling for a short term money boast which they would likely squander as such organisations always do. Read the would put money into grass roots, what a load of gonads it would just get wasted here there and everywhere. They would then be left without their own proper stadium.

Everything in this country is for sale with no regard to the future, it is rather sad.
No chance grassroots would get it, lots of nests wouldbe feathered i bet though

I believe that if the NFL are onboard with this it will be because they want an AFC and NFC team in London, and they want to see a rivalry build-up over the years too. Imagine -from their perspective- what a 2022 playoff game featuring a London AFC side versus a London NFC side would be? I am not worried. The people who get shafted hard if this happens are Chelski. Where do they go as Roman builds his little nest?

Not sure they have the same scope to though, we had a waiting list of fans to do that and more

A waiting list is nice to work with and
Fulham certainly don't have the fan base Spurs have.
But getting in casual fans for a low ticket price to watch a promising young star and a dynamic team is also a prudent business strategy. Who's to say Khan wouldn't invest to bring in other talent if he set up at Wembley for a year or two? He certainly has the funds and if it created a larger fan turnout, he'd avoid any financial fair play issues. He'd also start to fire back in the battle for hearts and minds in west London. He can't let Chelsea run the show.

It's never going to be about filling Wembley the way we did. It's about filling the new, expanded Craven Cottage when it's completed.

We, Spurs, must have put double digit millions back into Wembley and the FA this year. Chelsea will for a couple of years. Then all the internationals and other events. Surely the FA generate £50 to £100m pa from Wembley? If not then it’s not being run well. In which case, why would you sell off the national stadium for short term funds?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

This, to me, looks like a bid to bring Fulham FC to Premier League quality on money earned at Wembley rather than the Chelski and Citry pump-in approach. Also screw ing over their neighbours by saying "sorry Wembley is unavailable for x years" stopping Chelsea redeveloping Stamford bridge unless they go to the OS, which I'm not sure they can do.

As for the NFL we know they want a UK team and the Jaguars haven't played over here every year just for kicks, the Jags fan base has increased year on year and it doen't impact on the NFL coming to WHL as they are contracted for a minimum of 2 games every year. That minimum could easily be 8 by bringing over another team. That could be the Jags for a couple of years if Fulham play at Wembley whilst the NFL search for another owner amenable to a move to the UK.

Christ just when you think you've seen it all. The FA will now be tenants like the Irish FA.

Dear London, you don't have to sell everything to foreigners. I'll stop before I say something racist.o_O

Is not racist, no other country would sell off national assets like this country.

Not to get political on here but it is what interests me so much about Corbyn.

I believe that if the NFL are onboard with this it will be because they want an AFC and NFC team in London, and they want to see a rivalry build-up over the years too. Imagine -from their perspective- what a 2022 playoff game featuring a London AFC side versus a London NFC side would be? I am not worried. The people who get shafted hard if this happens are Chelski. Where do they go as Roman builds his little nest?

If they want a rivalry they’ll want the franchises in the same conference, if not the same division, to maximise match ups, a given NFC team will only play a given AFC team once every 4 years.

Can't see the FA selling it is the national stadium and it cost 800mil to build the feckin thing. There would be uproar.

Back