• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

Looking at this date, and Forest's argument above - the dates really should tally with the end of a trading period (IE close of transfer window). It's a completely skewed measure otherwise.

It was to coincide with the financials for most clubs and players contracts. Most end june 30th.

Yeah
how many did they lose
they had a squad to get them up an that was made up of loanees and player on shorter contracts … so if they didn’t go up they could releases them and not be in financial issues

I think the rules will eventually have more provisions for promoted teams, but at what point do we accept Forest had a role in this?

- they waited after the June 30 reporting deadline to get more money for Johnson. Well they also signed 10 players after that deadline!

- they lost a bunch of players from their Championship team. Well these rules should prevent exactly that -- short term thinking to try and get promoted, stay up, win a cup, win the league etc. These rules will incentivise long-term planning, and the clubs that can't do that should rightly fall behind.

Yeah
how many did they lose
they had a squad to get them up an that was made up of loanees and player on shorter contracts … so if they didn’t go up they could releases them and not be in financial issues

Last season alone they brought in 29. I know i'm no carol vorderman but even if they lost 25, they'd still have 4 more than they can fit in a squad. It was absolute insanity. They are now paying the price.

I think the rules will eventually have more provisions for promoted teams, but at what point do we accept Forest had a role in this?

- they waited after the June 30 reporting deadline to get more money for Johnson. Well they also signed 10 players after that deadline!

- they lost a bunch of players from their Championship team. Well these rules should prevent exactly that -- short term thinking to try and get promoted, stay up, win a cup, win the league etc. These rules will incentivise long-term planning, and the clubs that can't do that should rightly fall behind.

The new rules coming in this summer have to be agreed with the efl. The efl want less of a gap between the leagues and no parachute payments. To do this they want the a bigger difference between 1st place payments in the prem to bottom. Think at thd moment is top team can only get 1.6 times as much as bottom. They want that increased to 2 or something. The leftover given to teams in the championship. Bridging the gap a bit.

Might have the numbers wrong but that was the gist.

The new rules coming in this summer have to be agreed with the efl. The efl want less of a gap between the leagues and no parachute payments. To do this they want the a bigger difference between 1st place payments in the prem to bottom. Think at thd moment is top team can only get 1.6 times as much as bottom. They want that increased to 2 or something. The leftover given to teams in the championship. Bridging the gap a bit.

Might have the numbers wrong but that was the gist.

Did you mean to quote someone else? What's any of that got to do with my post?

Did you mean to quote someone else? What's any of that got to do with my post?

"I think the rules will eventually have more provisions for promoted teams".

I was explaining what may happen in the summer that would make that prediction true. Ok?

"I think the rules will eventually have more provisions for promoted teams".

I was explaining what may happen in the summer that would make that prediction true. Ok?

Sorry, it sounded like you were talking about what happens to teams relegated from the Premier League (PL prize money and parachute payments.)

Sorry, it sounded like you were talking about what happens to teams relegated from the Premier League (PL prize money and parachute payments.)

I was. If the efl get their way there will be no parachute payments. But the teams at the bottom of the pl get paid less and the teams at the top of the championship get paid more. So there would be less of a gap between lower pl teams and higher finishing championship teams. At the moment there is a massive gulf between the 2. So promoted teams have to overspend in order to compete.

I was. If the efl get their way there will be no parachute payments. But the teams at the bottom of the pl get paid less and the teams at the top of the championship get paid more. So there would be less of a gap between lower pl teams and higher finishing championship teams. At the moment there is a massive gulf between the 2. So promoted teams have to overspend in order to compete.

I think there should be allowances for the promoted teams, perhaps something like 25% extra, you would have to be careful otherwise buying a recently promoted team might be the next thing (if they were except from rules from any period)

I think the general pyramid and EFL need to have a hard look at themselves, the issue isn't how much money the PL makes or gives them, the issue is what are they doing to make their product more valuable, and the answer as far as I can tell is fudge all

I think there should be allowances for the promoted teams, perhaps something like 25% extra, you would have to be careful otherwise buying a recently promoted team might be the next thing (if they were except from rules from any period)

I think the general pyramid and EFL need to have a hard look at themselves, the issue isn't how much money the PL makes or gives them, the issue is what are they doing to make their product more valuable, and the answer as far as I can tell is fudge all

The new rules in august will be similar to uefas. Wages + amortisation + agents fees = a percentage of turnover (not yet revealed from the prem).

Teams coming up will have much lower wages and amortisation than prem teams. But their turnover will be massively boosted by the increased tv money and matchday revenue (maybe even sponsors). So they will have the ability to spend and probably outspend most prem clubs that will be near the limit.

It will be measured for the current year not over 3 as currently.

Last edited:
Back