• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European U-21 Championship

The 2 brilliant Portugeezers were the difference. One was a brick outhouse like Yaya Toure, the other was a skilful dynamo, the player Deco was supposed to be.

Guidetti on Kane's price tag:

"Obviously he is worth every penny because when a player scores that many goals they are invaluable to the team."

"I don't know [what I'm worth].

"A cheeseburger costs more than me [laughs]. That's the way it is right now."

FFS i missed the first half.

Thought it was 18:00 KO, but guess that meant local time :S

Last edited:
Butland for a captain and goalkeeper is not pro-active enough. Seems too comfy sitting on his line rather than supporting his defence.

The only attacking play from defence and midfield is coming from Jenkinson.

You did not miss much, England had two chansen but not much else happened.

I've just read a quick summary. Seems like Kane missed a sitter and Pritchard was great until he got injured. Also sounds like Dier should've been taken along, but that was Southgate's personal issue.

Was going mental at Redmond for shooting from out there before the corner when Loftus-Cheek was open for a pass. Oh well the corner worked out.

I understand that it's U21 but there is a large gulf in experience and class amongst the team. If Kane is picked then so should other established U21s.

Gotta get that Chalobah (sp) out the team, he's been muck from what i've seen

Last edited:
I understand that it's U21 but there is a large gulf in experience and class amongst the team. If Kane is picked then so should other established U21s.

In a way I agree, but then on the other hand Kane was included throughout the qualifying campaign whereas players like Ox, Wheelchair, Barkley, Shaw and Sterling haven't played a minute.

On the subject of the England line-up, if Pritchard is fit then I hope we drop Redmond and Chalobah for Loftus Cheek and Lingard. I don't rate either of them.

I've just read a quick summary. Seems like Kane missed a sitter and Pritchard was great until he got injured. Also sounds like Dier should've been taken along, but that was Southgate's personal issue.
A sitter? Judge for yourself @ 0.38. I'd say it was a pretty decent effort in the circumstances, Kane fending off a shove from a defender whilst diving at full stretch on the six-yard line to head a cross from the right that only just went the wrong side of the post.

A sitter? Judge for yourself @ 0.38. I'd say it was a pretty decent effort in the circumstances, Kane fending off a shove from a defender whilst diving at full stretch on the six-yard line to head a cross from the right that only just went the wrong side of the post.

I agree with you. I missed the first 60 minutes and had to catch up by reading the highlights off of a website somewhere, where they didn't come close to conveying the way things happened. This is my first time seeing the chance and like you said, he did well to get it close to goal given the circumstances.

Back