• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

You don't see how severely upsetting the organisation that is letting you host the WC might be an issue?

Fifa were talking about banning participating players from International football - not a leap to think they might have finally felt a pang of conscious over the dead body count in construction for the build or human rights issues or any other excuse they could have used to pull it from them.

I think its a massive leap, zero chance, it's FIFA

The thing is...

If it's competition over money that people want, would it not have suited the 14 to let that happen so they could have a fairer crack at the trophies and qualifying for Europe without the big clubs around?

You could argue that by fighting to keep them in the league what they've shown they are really interested in is the money themselves...

If the big 12 were basically ceding their CL places and money to the next in line I can't see the problem.
Well I can actually, because without the 12 the CL is worthless. And that's what really upset them.

If only we all had inside info that could corroborate our agendas
OK then. We didn't want the Stratford site at all. We just spent all of that time and money putting a bid together for a laugh.
The request that we put through the courts (going all the way up to the High Court) for there to be a judicial review into the process after West Ham had won the initial bid was also clearly just a bit of fun from Levy. He thought 'oh I might as well appeal this all the way up to the high court. I didn't really want the stadium but I'm a bit bored today and forcing a judicial review will give me something to do over the coming months'

However I think the PL would've survied and (indeed) thrived, after all it is far more lucrative and watched than the old first division was despite the PL being far less competitive than the old first divisoin.
On the contrary, the total opposite has happened, and is one of the main the reasons the PL has gone global whilst others, notably Serie A and the Scottish Premiership, have declined relative to the English top flight. IMO the old Division 1 comprised far more average players, was way less competitive and more often plain boring.

OK then. We didn't want the Stratford site at all. We just spent all of that time and money putting a bid together for a laugh.
The request that we put through the courts (going all the way up to the High Court) for there to be a judicial review into the process after West Ham had won the initial bid was also clearly just a bit of fun from Levy.

The 'bid' was let's build the stadium we designed for an entirely different location in the Olympic Park instead, that's not a serious bid - had it been a design tailor made to the location it would have been a signal of intent and any design for such a location would have been an absolute show stopper given the nature of the location, not a copy and paste of that Silver Ring abomination.

It put pressure on Haringay over our build and cut off the threat of West Hams potential to be a genuine super power had they got a free run at the OS - well worth the time and effort

No. The World Cup is happening. The contracts are signed and the UAE won't be getting another one in our lifetimes. If FIFA pulled the plug after PSG had joined the ESL then they would've looked an even bigger bunch of crooks than they do already.... 'Oh we've suddenly come over all moral despite ignoring this for the whole bidding and building process'. Give over.

Give over? Im not the one pretending PSGs Qatari owners have principals to have a pop at Levy

Could be
But Leyton did issue an appeal too
No, not 'could be'..... but 'actually was'. Leyton Orient (and Spurs) proceedings were to try to force a judicial review of the decision.

The Charlton Supporters Trust also submitted a formal complaint claiming that the London Legacy Development Company had broken the state aid rules in the tender process.

The 'bid' was let's build the stadium we designed for an entirely different location in the Olympic Park instead, that's not a serious bid - had it been a design tailor made to the location it would have been a signal of intent and any design for such a location would have been an absolute show stopper given the nature of the location, not a copy and paste of that Silver Ring abomination.

It put pressure on Haringay over our build and cut off the threat of West Hams potential to be a genuine super power had they got a free run at the OS - well worth the time and effort
Why did our bid cut off the threat of West Ham's potenial to be a genuine super power? If Levy was concerned about West Ham being a genuine super power then surely that could only mean he actually wanted the stadium instead of West Ham? If our bid was not serious at all then why did we bother go through the rigmarole of trying to go all the way up to the High Court to demand a judicial review?

If Levy got his nob out and tinkled all over you I think you'd probably say "Oh it's fine, I'm sure I was about to spontaneously combust so he was just doing me a massive favour" :D

The request that we put through the courts (going all the way up to the High Court) for there to be a judicial review into the process after West Ham had won the initial bid was also clearly just a bit of fun from Levy. He thought 'oh I might as well appeal this all the way up to the high court. I didn't really want the stadium but I'm a bit bored today and forcing a judicial review will give me something to do over the coming months'
It wouldn’t be seen as ‘something to do’, more ‘something to leverage’, at least for me. But as has been said, we’ll all view it our own way.

On the contrary, the total opposite has happened, and is one of the main the reasons the PL has gone global whilst others, notably Serie A and the Scottish Premiership, have declined relative to the English top flight. IMO the old Division 1 comprised far more average players, was way less competitive and more often plain boring.
It may have been boring and/or had poor quality football but a team could win promotion from the second division and then win the league immediately the following season. That's what I meant by competitive (i.e. more open in terms of who could win it).

Why did our bid cut off the threat of West Ham's potenial to be a genuine super power? If Levy was concerned about West Ham being a genuine super power then surely that could only mean he actually wanted the stadium instead of West Ham? If our bid was not serious at all then why did we bother go through the rigmarole of trying to go all the way up to the High Court to demand a judicial review?

If Levy got his nob out and tinkled all over you I think you'd probably say "Oh it's fine, I'm sure I was about to spontaneously combust so he was just doing me a massive favour" :D

West Ham with ownership of the OS stadium would have been ripe for a takeover bid and could have transformed them. We didn't need that as we had our stadium plans in place...

West Ham with ownership of the OS stadium would have been ripe for a takeover bid and could have transformed them. We didn't need that as we had our stadium plans in place...
But the only way that we could actually stop West Ham gaining ownership would be to take ownership ourselves. We ended up being lucky that West Ham (being West Ham) and Newham Council (being Newham Council) couldn't actually put together a bid that didn't breach state aid rules. So either we wanted it because we wanted it or we wanted it because we didn't want West Ham to have it. Personally I'd hope it was the former as we really shouldn't be worried about West Ham.

Going out and bidding with the absolute intent of failing would have no bearing at all on whether or not West Ham would get awarded the stadium.

Back