• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

Agreed, and to be honest, I don’t care about the domestic pyramid, I care about Spurs, this is good for us, the alternative is no Spurs.

I’m not going to slum it at a lower league club, I’ve been to hundreds of lower level games, it’s brick.

I have no issue with reforming it, UEFA needed sorting and have had many chances to do it and haven’t.

I have issue with it being closed shop and the impact on the domestic league
Doesn’t sound to me like something done as a negotiating tactic.

I concur, think we can rule that out now.

Accrington-Stanley-Milk-Advert.jpg

I really hope people get this reference. Made me roar laughing. Bravo sir.

I have no issue with reforming it, UEFA needed sorting and have had many chances to do it and haven’t.

I concur, think we can rule that out now.

The domestic league should have been reformed long ago too, 92 professional clubs, in a country this small, most of whom have been constantly fighting for survival for decades, it's a mess.

The whole thing needs a shake up.

would this mean, that any player in the super league, will not be able to play for their country?

Until FIFA and UEFA back down, yes. THe world cup and Euros would be much weaker without Super League teams, so they'll be scrambling for a solution. The TV right for the coming world cups would be massively lower without Messi, Ronaldo, Kane etc

All the FIFA and UEFA people will have visions of their gravy-train ending

It's a joke, the Champions League is bad enough. What's wrong with the days that the best team in their country got to compete in Europe's finest competition. Not the team that came 4th and certainly not a team that happen to be richer. How can fans of real competition be happy with this?

This reminds me of a property adage - it’s better to be the worst house on a nice street than the best one on a bad one!

It's a joke, the Champions League is bad enough. What's wrong with the days that the best team in their country got to compete in Europe's finest competition. Not the team that came 4th and certainly not a team that happen to be richer. How can fans of real competition be happy with this?

I get that...but if you accept that this happening, would you prefer to be in or out?

The other thing to consider here is that you have to look at this from foreign clubs' perspective. And if you do, this was always going to happen.

They've watched the Premier League grow to such a degree that Tottenham earn more money than most of them despite not winning anything of substance for 30 years. The TV money was just insane and the Italian clubs and even the Spanish ones (who are now in financial difficulty) were never going to just stand back and watch the English sides streak away from them.

Until FIFA and UEFA back down, yes. THe world cup and Euros would be much weaker without Super League teams, so they'll be scrambling for a solution. The TV right for the coming world cups would be massively lower without Messi, Ronaldo, Kane etc

All the FIFA and UEFA people will have visions of their gravy-train ending
Can they really enforce something like that, the players themselves have no choice and are under a contract signed before this was decided?

This is how I stand on it atm too. Uefa are as money hungry/corrupt and uncaring for the match going fan as anyone else (so are the PL for that matter) an alternative to that isn't a bad thing, but the closed shop nature of it is.

I wonder if long term, 2nd or 3rd leagues will be introduced with the prospect of promotion/relegation within that pyramid?

Yeah I know. I was just being a smartarse. Our participation shows everything that's wrong with Derp It's about business and money because, achievement wise, we've done little to be there. You have to admire Levy for getting us a place in the competition.
You do indeed.... Or perhaps Poch for making us relevant with the 4 CL finishes in a row?
We are a richer club with a larger fanbase. Those are the criteria that it has been decided on.
The single only reason that we are richer than Ajax is because we play in the Premier League (the goose that lays the golden egg that we are about to help kill).

Last edited:
This is how a stand on it atm too

I wonder if long term, 2nd or 3rd leagues will be introduced and the prospect of promotion/relegation within that pyramid?

Not likely, the model is American Sports

- The level of investment, marketing, players salaries will go up significantly but the owners get protected, no disruptors, minimum risk.

Can they really enforce something like that, the players themselves have no choice and are under a contract signed before this was decided?

I'd have thought that given the players are representing their FAs, and their registrations are with the FAs, then yes, FIFA/UEFA will prevent the players from playing in the Euros and world cups via the FAs

would this mean, that any player in the super league, will not be able to play for their country?

I expect lawyers will be on the case readying a defence or challenge against any such sanctions.
If JP Morgan have fronted billions in for this, legal representation, and anticipation of potential roadblocks will naturally be part of the due diligence done.

https://twitter.com/tslcomms
They've nicely used the part of a football pitch that is a circle with a line through it: No Entry.

Back