• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League Thread

Lots of late goals.

Rubin Kazan (RUS) 0-2 Real Betis (ESP) (0-2 on agg.)
Basel (SUI) 3 - 0 Maccabi Tel Aviv (ISR) (3-0 on agg.)
Eintracht Frankfurt (GER) 3 - 3 FC Porto (POR) (5-5 on agg.)
PFC Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL) 3 - 3 Lazio (ITA) (4-3 on agg.)
SSC Napoli (ITA) 3 - 1 Swansea City (ENG) (3-1 on agg.)
Salzburg (AUT) 3 - 1 Ajax (NED) (6-1 on agg.)
Sevilla (ESP) 2 - 1 Maribor (SLO) (4-3 on agg.)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) 1 - 2 Viktoria Plzen (CZE) (2-3 on agg.)

Ludogorets still unbeaten in the Europa League.

Played 6, won 5, drawn 1 in the group stages, defeating the likes of PSV, Chornomorets and Dinamo Zagreb and now Lazio in the knockout round. Winners of Kiev/Valencia next too.

Liberec/AZ - Anji/Genk

Ludogorets - Dynamo Kyiv/Valencia

Porto - Napoli

Chornomorets Odesa/Lyon - Viktoria Plzeň

Sevilla - Real Betis

Dnipro/Tottenham - PAOK/Benfica

Basel - Salzburg

Juventus/Trabzonspor - Esbjerg/Fiorentina

Actually should have just asked Google:

Europa League Round of 16 draw (to be played on March 13 and 20), presume we're at home on 13th and at the Estádio da Luz 20th Match.

Liberec/AZ - Anji/Genk

Ludogorets - Dynamo Kyiv/Valencia

Porto - Napoli

Chornomorets Odesa/Lyon - Viktoria Plzeň

Sevilla - Real Betis

Dnipro/Tottenham - PAOK/Benfica

Basel - Salzburg

Juventus/Trabzonspor - Esbjerg/Fiorentina

Some great ties there in the last 16
Juve/Fiorentina
Seville/Betis
Porto/Napoli
Basel/Salzburg will decent too, and not forgetting ours.

This Europa League just got tasty

Some great ties there in the last 16
Juve/Fiorentina
Seville/Betis
Porto/Napoli
Basel/Salzburg will decent too, and not forgetting ours.

This Europa League just got tasty

That tie has the potential to be the tie of the round. I fancy Salzburg to edge it, they seem in pretty good form and Basel are a slightly different proposition without Salah although they still have Stocker.

That tie has the potential to be the tie of the round. I fancy Salzburg to edge it, they seem in pretty good form and Basel are a slightly different proposition without Salah although they still have Stocker.

Austria v Switzerland too, so I assume additonal rivalry thrown in.

Tottenham Hotspur v Benfica

This is why I want to see us playing European football each season. Proper Euro night incoming

Cat C pricing for home leg, when will Spurs ****ing learn, robbers

I have to admit I am not surprised, a step up in class/stature of opponent. I am not saying I agree with it, but it certainly does not surprise me at all.
Still expect a full house though. I'm gutted, have a meeting that day with the boss (City fan). Might have to appeal to his better nature to see if I wangle a reschedule. [-o<

Could have a potential last 8 of
AZ Alkmaar,Basel,FC Porto,Juventus,Valencia,Lyon,Sevilla plus one.

Not bad for a competition some dont want to be in

I see it being a last 8 of Spurs, AZ, Juventus, Napoli, Valencia, Lyon, Salzburg and Sevilla.

If we can get past Benfica then I would like AZ in the quarter final. Real chance then of reaching the Semi where of course we will have an idea of who we could play but by then it doesn't really matter as everyone will feell they can win it. Ideally a semi against Valencia or Napoli for a bit of glamour would be nice.

I see it being a last 8 of Spurs, AZ, Juventus, Napoli, Valencia, Lyon, Salzburg and Sevilla.

If we can get past Benfica then I would like AZ in the quarter final. Real chance then of reaching the Semi where of course we will have an idea of who we could play but by then it doesn't really matter as everyone will feell they can win it. Ideally a semi against Valencia or Napoli for a bit of glamour would be nice.

Yes, certainly a couple of ties that could go either way that Porto/Napoli for me is a 50/50. The fact Swansea ran them so close tipped me in favour of Porto.
And that Basel/Salzburg I just dont know, Red Bull have a 100% record so far IIRC, whereas Basel seem to have more EL/CL experience, and tbh are unlucky not to still be in the CL

AZ Alkmaar have beaten Anzhi 1-0 on aggregate.

Benfica, Valencia and Lyon cruising. Juventus got a late goal to beat Fiorentina.

Could have a potential last 8 of
AZ Alkmaar,Basel,FC Porto,Juventus,Valencia,Lyon,Sevilla plus one.

Not bad for a competition some dont want to be in

If it was a league format of just those teams then I think it would be good. 14 games. Instead of the current monstrouserty we have.

Take the next best teams from those leauges that have 3 or four teams in the champions league. So that would be England, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, 5 teams and then take the next best three who partake in a preseason knockout of 16 teams where two finalists play and winner of 3rd place gets in.

Last edited:
I ****ing love Pirlo, absolutely no one better.

Absolute shock on the cards in Austria. Based have a crucial away goal!!

I also think Napoli are dark horses, Benitez knows Europe

Back