• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 22/23

A start would be managers acting a bit more responsibly. I bet it wouldn't have been half as bad if that clam Mourinho had kept his mouth shut and not abused the ref in the carpark after the game.

Agreed, but that wouldn't remove the volume of abuse, it would just have gone to the Roma player perceived to be at fault instead.

Jose didn't add to the anger, merely focused it in a certain direction.

Not that that is right of course.

Agreed, but that wouldn't remove the volume of abuse, it would just have gone to the Roma player perceived to be at fault instead.

Jose didn't add to the anger, merely focused it in a certain direction.

Not that that is right of course.
Nah, idiots will follow the leader like sheep. If Jose had been accepting of the outcome it would've helped calm the situation a bit. There would still be abuse flying around but not like what was seen at the airport.
His daughter looked really scared in that clip and it wouldn't surprise me if he quits reffing because she's now going to be worried when he goes off to ref a match.

It is, make all the laws subjective and fully embrace technology.

Huh?

If you're talking about the implementation of VAR I think I get it but I'm assuming you meant to say objective rather than subjective or I'm just entirely missing the point of your post.

There's always going to be wishy washy terms like the difference between reckless / dangerous or the only intervening if it's a "clear and obvious error" which makes no sense whatsoever, by the rules an incident is either a pen or not etc..Or dumbass laws like the handball rule in it's current form.

Huh?

If you're talking about the implementation of VAR I think I get it but I'm assuming you meant to say objective rather than subjective or I'm just entirely missing the point of your post.

There's always going to be wishy washy terms like the difference between reckless / dangerous or the only intervening if it's a "clear and obvious error" which makes no sense whatsoever, by the rules an incident is either a pen or not etc..Or dumbass laws like the handball rule in it's current form.

doh

yes, I meant remove all subjective decisions

It really disappoints me that people can't accept defeat in a competition, if you can't stand losing don't get involved in it, it's a fact that their are only going to be a few competitors for thropies the rest are losers, there's no shame in that, if you can't grasp that you're just making your life a misery.

It really disappoints me that people can't accept defeat in a competition, if you can't stand losing don't get involved in it, it's a fact that their are only going to be a few competitors for thropies the rest are losers, there's no shame in that, if you can't grasp that you're just making your life a misery.

I'm competitive, I'm play to win and always try my best to win.
But you can't always win, there's always someone out there who is better than you, even if it's just on that day, as long as you give it your best there's no shame in losing.

I hate the old cliche of show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.
Lose with dignity, shake your opponent by the hand and congratulate them, then use the pain of that loss to spur you on to do better.

Back