• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

Re: Europa League 2012-13 - Round of 32: Lyon (FRA), Round of 16: Winner of Inter - C

Great stuff. Exciting nights (I hope) at the Lane. Real pedigree, Lyon and potentially our old friends Inter.

Re: Europa League 2012-13 - Round of 32: Lyon (FRA), Round of 16: Winner of Inter - C

Well...it's either rest players for the EL game, rest players for the league game, or play full strength teams for both and then wonder why we keep letting in so many late goals...

And there will be people complaining no matter what he chooses to do :lol:

I for one say the league must be our priority.

Lyon are not the side they were a few years ago but they seem to be doing quite well without spending a lot. They havent got the money they use to have.

They will give us a good game, but really we should be able to open them up at the Lane.

Why do they draw two rounds at once? seems daft to me.

Because they're played just two weeks apart. This way the clubs can start to prepare in advance.

Great games in March if we go through.

wow a bit of common sense from UEFA, can't be true!

I was at Anfield, on a work trip in 2009, with some Micky Mouser mates. Lloris played. Lyon won 2-1, with an injury time winner. How I lol'd. Hope it doesn't bite me in the bum this time!

And there will be people complaining no matter what he chooses to do :lol:

I for one say the league must be our priority.
We have an FA Cup match (hopefully) after the home match against Lyon. We can always hope for an easy home draw and rest players in that match.
After the away match we don't play until on Monday (West Ham away). That could be helpful too.

How are you ****s getting to Lyon then?

what a tough draw. will struggle to get past lyon probably. good for Hugo though he will want to put on a decent performance. actually a pretty tough comp to win the Europa. its a bit of a marathon

Sat 9 Feb Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H)
Thu 14 Feb Lyon (H)
Sun 17 Feb FA Cup 5th Round?
Thu 21 Feb Lyon (A)
Mon 25 Feb West Ham (A)
Sat 2 Mar Arsenal (H)
Thu 7 Mar Inter/Cluj (H)?
Sat 9 Mar Liverpool (A)
Thu 14 Mar Inter/Cluj (A)?
Sat 16 Mar Fulham (H)

Basically as hard as you could get just to get to quarters. Rather that than all these minor teams you get.

I they can get rid of the CL drop outs the competition would be so much better.

Well...it's either rest players for the EL game, rest players for the league game, or play full strength teams for both and then wonder why we keep letting in so many late goals...

That's one way of looking at it, we'll see what the future brings. But as I say I don't think AVB will rest players in the league in preparation for the Lyon game. If we have a decent squad to choose from he may well do some sensible rotation, bearing in mind different teams we play before and after Lyon.

EDIT just seen the fixtures, if we're the Cup, there will rotation for sure, and the lge comment will be irrelevant for one of the ties. I doubt he'll rest anyone specifically against Toon to prepare for Lyon at home.

Fantastic draw is Lyon. I'm gonna fudgein go.

Andre: "It's a big game. Lyon are a club with many trophies and are a top team. It's a huge fixture and will fuel excitement."

so far AVB has taken every game pretty seriously, regardless of europa or league. hope the cold spell here will freeze the frenchies out of their football boots.

Fantastic draw is Lyon. I'm gonna fudgein go.
Good man, we share a bed in Lyon if you want?

Ground holds 40k, we should get, what, 4k allocation at least?

Good draw. Looking forward to these games very much!

Back