• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2020

Muamba was give CPR for over half an hour, iirc, and survived so there is hope. But the reaction of the players made me go cold.

They put a screen up then took him off. It really doesn’t feel like there’s a good ending to this. Please just let him pull through. I feel like I’ve been punched in the stomach.

Is it even possible today to have an undetected heart problem at this level???

Or was he managing a known issue?
I just can’t understand this

Eriksen just collapsed. There was no movement or response, and they started cpr and used electro shock. His eyes were gone.
I'm sad to say that I think he died on that pitch today. :( Horrible horrible scenes.

There's still a chance they managed to bring him back, but not getting any updates isn't very promising.

Yeah, I had one diagnosed in my late 20’s, I have a dodgy valve, undetectable most of the time.

My cable service lets me rewind and re-view earlier moments in any game or show. Watched the replay once and began tearing up. This looks awful but saw the same circumstances - concerned people, privacy screens - when NASCAR racer Ryan Newman went through a gut-wrenching crash, getting hit at over 200mph while his car was upside down and airborne. I was choking up watching the rescue team cut the car away from the driver's area.

He walked out of hospital three days later holding the hands of his two young daughters. Praying for a similar outcome here.

Muamba was give CPR for over half an hour, iirc, and survived so there is hope. But the reaction of the players made me go cold.
I seem to recall when that happened the point was made that the medical team/equipment at Spurs was top notch. That at any other PL ground he may have been in trouble.

I would assume that the facilities at a national stadium would be as good. Being in the capital probably means being near higher quality hospitals too.

I don’t usually cry at anything but i am actually in tears right now, my wife has never seen me cry and we have been together 14 years. This has hit hard, i hope for the love of GHod he is ok.
I'm the same. Vision is blurred by tears. The way the moved him off the pitch, I think he's gone. It didn't look good at all.

Yes, it's happened to a number of footballers. It's amazing that incredible fit athletes can still be vulnerable to heart problems.

Back