• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 - Quarter Finals

Just watched the Wales highlights. They are a TEAM. The fact that you see Bale piling in to celebrate when they score versus Ronaldo who doesn't join in. I fancy them to beat Portugal.

Teams that work together, manager with a clear plan and has the players on board : Iceland, Wales, Italy, France, Germany. Only difference is quality of players, and tactical nous - I hope Wales don't miss Ramsey and Davies v Portugal. Coleman is a canny manager though, always follow him with interest.

Tonight's gonna be a HumDinger, but Italy have the Indian sign over the Germans - never lost to them in a tourney, seriously ??

Belgium are idiots ! Their best chance of winning a trophy but they have wasted it again. They were given a free ticket to the Final due to the luck of the draw but they couldn't make use of it. Belgium must be the most over rated team in football history. They never achieved anything as a team but got hugely over rated due to being full of players who excelled at club levels. It didn't help that they have a shyte manager who were clueless to get the best out of the players. Belgium made Wales look like Brazil. They went missing after scoring early.

The prospects of seeing Portugal or Wales in the Final really devalues the Euro now. Both are one-man teams who got the luck of the draw in their favour. Portugal are yet to win over 90 mins while Wales have yet to meet a strong team except for the hugely over rated England and Belgium. In contrast, all the best teams in this Euro, France/Italy/Germany, are in the same side of the draw. It is a disgrace that only 1 of them will be in the Final. An ideal Final would have been between 2 of them.

Toby has not had a good tournament without Jan being beside him.

He had Jan in May playing for us.........neither of them covered themselfs in glory back then!

We will see how we fare in September when Jan should be back.

Last edited:
Belgium are idiots ! Their best chance of winning a trophy but they have wasted it again. They were given a free ticket to the Final due to the luck of the draw but they couldn't make use of it. Belgium must be the most over rated team in football history. They never achieved anything as a team but got hugely over rated due to being full of players who excelled at club levels. It didn't help that they have a shyte manager who were clueless to get the best out of the players. Belgium made Wales look like Brazil. They went missing after scoring early.

The prospects of seeing Portugal or Wales in the Final really devalues the Euro now. Both are one-man teams who got the luck of the draw in their favour. Portugal are yet to win over 90 mins while Wales have yet to meet a strong team except for the hugely over rated England and Belgium. In contrast, all the best teams in this Euro, France/Italy/Germany, are in the same side of the draw. It is a disgrace that only 1 of them will be in the Final. An ideal Final would have been between 2 of them.

I think that's unfair on Wales (who is the one man by the way, Williams, Davies, Ramsey or Robson-Kanu?). They have only had one bad performance in the Finals so far, they are the top scorers and thoroughly deserve to be in the semi's imo. Belgium have done what they have always done, flattered to deceive.

So what you're saying is that every tournament should start at the semi final stage and only Spain, Italy, Germany and France should be allowed to enter?

So what you're saying is that every tournament should start at the semi final stage and only Spain, Italy, Germany and France should be allowed to enter?

I think the best teams should always be separated at least until the semi finals based on rankings, past performances etc. Italy and Germany topped their groups and so should have been in the different side of the draw. It is a disgrace that Belglum who finished behind Italy got the easier draw in the knockout stages. Similiarly, Switzerland who finished behind France and Poland who finished behind Germany and Portugal who finished in 3rd place were given easier part of the draw.

Never seen a knockout stages of a major tournament being so unbalanced as in this Euro. Even the host team France are in the tough part of the draw. It seems like UEFA wanted to give defending champions Spain free ticket to the Final but it was destroyed by Croatia who finished ahead of Spain. I think the 4 places given to the best 3rd placed teams is the one which messed up the knockout stages. 3rd placed teams should never be allowed to progress in any major tournaments.

Last edited:
He had Jan in May playing for us.........neither of them covered themselfs in glory back then!

We will see how we fare in September when Jan should be back.

For most of the season they were the best CB partnership around, they had a few poor games at the end but there were several reasons for that.

I think the best teams should always be separated at least until the semi finals based on rankings, past performances etc. Italy and Germany topped their groups and so should have been in the different side of the draw. It is a disgrace that Belglum who finished behind Italy got the easier draw in the knockout stages. Similiarly, Switzerland who finished behind France and Poland who finished behind Germany and Portugal who finished in 3rd place were given easier part of the draw.

Never seen a knockout stages of a major tournament being so unbalanced as in this Euro. Even the host team France are in the tough part of the draw. It seems like UEFA wanted to give defending champions Spain free ticket to the Final but it was destroyed by Croatia who finished ahead of Spain. I think the 4 places given to the best 3rd placed teams is the one which messed up the knockout stages. 3rd placed teams should never be allowed to progress in any major tournaments.

But if rankings are based on past performances,which would include how far a team progresses in a tournament, then you are effectively creating a closed shop by parachuting certain teams in at the SF stage. That would be a totally ridiculous idea. It would be one sure way to kill off interest in international football. What would be the point in entering a competition knowing you could not get further than the QFs?
No one team has an automatic right to win anything. Seedings are there to help fix - or perhaps "structure" would be a better term - the way teams progress through a tournament (and therefore encourage sponsorship, tv revenues etc) But they are not meant to be iron-clad guarantees of success and no one team should have an automatic right to get to a final just because they have done it before.
I really did not want Wales to win, and am now forced to support Portugal on Wednesday. Obviously I did not want Iceland to get this far. But the fact that they each have exceeded all expectations is one of the great things about football, and is what keeps people interested. We see the status quo prevail often enough.
I think this tournament has been great viewing.

how did that work out for Belgium?

the way I saw it they got comfortably beaten by a superior side, other than a 10 minute spell leading up to the Belgian goal and a short period of H2 Wales dominated the game

For most of the season they were the best CB partnership around, they had a few poor games at the end but there were several reasons for that.

Other than the disappointment at missing out on the top spot and 'maybe' Ali and Dembele being suspended, I can not find any mitigation on anybodies part.
I find frightening how our season finished.....'when the going gets tough, the tough get goin'............Spurs though went to pieces.
We reverted to pre Pochettino form in May.
I am approaching this season with no small amount of trepidation, I can't shake the feeling off.

I can still 10 man Saudi Sportswashing Machine giving us a football lesson.

***Edit*** I look forward 'of course' to landing on flat on my face and being ridiculed for getting it totally arse about face

Last edited:

Have the mods put the filter on this post to change England to Belgium?

Like watching a PL game at times. Frantic pace, pointless crossing and poor first touches. These big sides shouldn't be allowed to progress this far.

Italy were my pick for the whole tournament but don't think they'll score now. What a save by Buffon though.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back