• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 - Quarter Finals

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Euro_2016_Knockouts.png

Iceland must be in high spirit after beating England. But just can't see them emulating Greece of 2004 by going all the way to win it.

Never thought England will lose to Iceland but not at all surprised they did. England have been shyte in all the 4 matches here while Iceland had been playing well in all their matches.

For the record, England have only won 6 knockout matches in both the Euro and World Cup since winning the WC in 1966 : Paraguay(1986 WC), Belgium,Cameroon(1990 WC), Spain(1996 Euro), Denmark(2002 WC) and Ecuador(2006 WC). Of that, the only convincing wins was over Paraguay and Denmark. England could have easily lost the other 4 matches. With that shyte record, not sure how you can claim to be favourites for each tournaments !

Poland portugal will be a snoozefest, belgium will rout wales, iceland will give the frogs something to think about and germany italy could be a classic.
the above would make me an expert summariser on ITV

Poland portugal will be a snoozefest, belgium will rout wales, iceland will give the frogs something to think about and germany italy could be a classic.
the above would make me an expert summariser on ITV

Can see Poland-Portugal being a boring match as both struggle to score goals. I think Belgium might struggle against Wales as they are not clinical in front of goal. Similiarly, France might have to work hard to beat Iceland. Germany have never beaten Italy in a major tournament. So, the pressure will be on Germany against Italy.

I'm sure you're not very interested in me predicting this, but I need a place to write it down anyways, so here goes. :p

Poland - Portugal 1-1 (Portugal win on pens)
Wales - Belgium 1-3
Italy - Germany 2-2 (Germany win on pens)
France - Iceland 2-0

Portugal - Belgium 0-1
France - Germany 2-1

France - Belgium 1-0

I think Ronaldo will be under pressure to perform against Poland. Since his rival Messi wants to retire from international football after his failure with Argentina, Ronaldo will be desperate to prove his worth with Portugal. At 31, he is 2 years older than Messi. But unlike Messi, Ronaldo has not played in many Finals with Portugal. His only Final was the Euro2004 which he lost.

Hopefully not. I hope Wales get pumped by Belgium.

I'll be cheering them on personally. Not only because they're British (for now) but because of the 8 quater finalists left only Italy, France & germany have a bigger population than England. The more nations with miniscule polls of players in comparison to us achieve what we can not, the more it should open the FA to the failings this nation has in terms of developing players.

Back