• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 - Crowd Trouble

tournament hadn't even kicked off and our troglodytes have embarrassed us

when did we stop taking passports off the idiots during international tournaments

tournament hadn't even kicked off and our troglodytes have embarrassed us

when did we stop taking passports off the idiots during international tournaments

Heard the manager of the bar say everything was ok until some locals turned up looking for trouble, sounds similar situation to what happened to our fans in europe.

You can always tell the English abroad and it never changes.

England fans are a target for every wannabe in Europe. They are a trophy.

There's a reason this is happening in Marseille but hasn't happened in years.

Its like the same as every time a english club plays in Rome.

Yes an minority of people are reacting but no one in the media is putting any blame on French locals or Russians.

People are going nuts over this when clearly its people sitting drinking outside a bar that have had something thrown at them thats now burning in the doorway and have decided pathetically throw chairs back

People have gone there to drink and sing some brick songs meanwhile others are sneaking round in packs targeting them with intent.

Look at this from an Irish journo in Marseilles

Iain Macintosh in Marseilles on Guardian football dailly podcast is saying pretty much the same https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ance-see-off-romania-euro-2016-football-daily

This from earlier today.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...tics-marseille-more-euro-2016-violence-expert

French police tactics could lead to more Euro 2016 violence: expert

An expert on football hooliganism who witnessed violence involving England fans in Marseille on Thursday night has said heavy-handed police tactics contributed to the trouble.

Police used teargas, dogs and rubber bullets to break up a brawl between locals and England fans who had gathered at the Queen Victoria pub two days before England’s opening Euro 2016 game.

Geoff Pearson, a senior lecturer in criminal law at the University of Manchester, who was observing the fans as part of a research project, said he feared worse violence if French riot police continued to be deployed to “break heads”.

He said the use of “overwhelming force” he witnessed was counterproductive and at odds with a new approach to policing football fans that had largely succeeded in curbing violence.

“It was the most predictable violence that I’ve seen since 2007 with Manchester United fans in Roma,” Pearson told the Guardian. “I was on the quayside outside the Old Vic pub when the trouble started. There was an initial fracas between English fans and locals over tickets at around midnight. There was then the first use of pepper spray or teargas by the police.

“Then a group of what English fans were calling Marseille ultras, but I suspect were just local gangs, turned up. There was a small confrontation. I could see two or three chairs being thrown, someone tried to tip over a table and bottles were being thrown. There was then a completely disproportionate police response. I met an England fan who had been hit by a baton round, and actually had it in his hand.

“The disturbance then went down a side alley from the quayside to the main square. That’s where most of the footage of the trouble has come from.”

Pearson, who advises British police on how tackle football violence, described the police operation as a failure. He said: “My advice to the French police is heed what their European neighbour forces are doing in terms of changing how they police large crowd events … by positive interaction and engagement with fans.

“Your first interaction with a football fan shouldn’t be firing teargas or raising your baton. If you have not had some kind of positive engagement with them beforehand, you have failed in your job as a police officer. I would certainly say that to the police officers I work with in the UK.”

Pearson said he heard England fans shouting chants about Islamic State that could have been perceived as provocative.

“The English fans behaved as the English fans usually do. They get to a match event early and in big numbers, they get drunk and they sing. Most of the songs were pretty harmless. But there were a lot of songs about Isis. They were singing about Jihadi John getting a bomb on his head, and singing previous anti-IRA songs but changing IRA to Isis.”

It was reported that fans chanted “Isis, where are you?” Pearson said: “I didn’t hear that. It was that kind of chant that came up.”

He added: “There are bad lads out here, as there are every time English teams play. And they have quite xenophobic and racist views. But these are a really small minority.

“The bigger question is how this really small group was allowed to go unchecked, and why the police felt their only response was to use baton rounds and teargas.

“There is a nothing-or-all approach from the French police. They stand back, they don’t do anything until incidents develop and then they use overwhelming force. If they carry on like that there will be greater disorder in Marseille today.

“We are presumably going to see increased numbers of police whose job it is to break heads. If it is policed in the same way then I can only see a repeat but on an escalated scale.”

Pearson contrasted French police tactics with operations that had succeeded in largely preventing football violence elsewhere in Europe.

“If you look at how football matches are policed in the UK and Germany and in Sweden, in all these areas the police interact with the fans before incidents occur. They are then able to identify potential troublemakers.

“They are able to set down tolerance limits and then if issues occur they have confidence to go back into that crowd and won’t be seen by that crowd as the enemy,” he said.

“I’ve absolutely no doubt the English police involved in helping the French police will be frustrated. I’ve seen incidents before in my research where intelligence officers from the English police have been advising their French counterparts and simply haven’t been listened to.”

As usual there are many English fans who cause no problems, but making excuses for the ones who look for trouble wherever they go is not helping the problem.

Simple question, forget the football games and answer this. When you/we go abroad anywhere on holiday or work who do we see falling in and out of the bars looking and causing trouble?

After seeing this I think they deserve whatever they get

c6ALgbD.jpg

Anyone want to comment on the Russian slags attacking the English and any other innocents caught up in the crossfire tonight, or did they deserve it because of something some English fans did previously?

Anyone want to comment on the Russian slags attacking the English and any other innocents caught up in the crossfire tonight, or did they deserve it because of something some English fans did previously?

I saw a clip of some Russian fans being interviewed earlier today.
These guys looked like they had been working out in the gym for six years non stop!
This must have been plane'd by Russian fans, or is there something even more sinister going on here?
I haven't seen football fans that well built . They are like weightlifters!
Ive just heard Stan Collimore saying they are built like brick brickhouses.

I would not like being out there now.......frightening!

These guys looked like they had been working out in the gym for six years non stop!
This must have been plane'd by Russian fans, or is there something even more sinister going on here?

Some of the clips I've seen today were disgraceful....not liked minded hooligans going for each other but innocent bystanders being attacked. There was a guy in an England shirt with a bag just standing there causing no harm getting attacked. In the stadium going on the rampage with women and kids having to run for their lives.

There is going to be complete carnage in Marseille tonight!

Went to Marseille last year - there is a nasty air in that city. The locals don't give a crap about the place. Graffiti everywhere, smells of tinkle.
Always felt like something would happen.

It's the last place a footy tournament should be.
Much like Russia.... that'll be interesting

Sounds like it's bedlam in Marseille this evening :eek:

http://www.channel4.com/news/keme-nzerem
CktK5KeWYAA8FtG.jpg:small

The trouble is these Russian and Serbian sorts (in the least racist way possible, but look at the behaviour) always start trouble like this and get a 20k fine slap on the wrist. These punishments don't do anything. Someone will have to die before the authorities clamp down on idiotic behaviour.
Dunno what the heck is going to happen when the World Cup is actually in Russia!

Sounds like the local French "Ultras" are as much to blame for the violence outside the grounds tonight tho.

Apparently the Nice branch attacked the assembled Northern Irish and Polish fans.

Back