• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue or Vlad Chiriches

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
Can you name 3 players Commoli bought without Jol's consent?
Otherwise it seems you're posting opinion as fact again...

no i remember this quite clearly

If we search online i am sure we can find something

Jol said once that he wanted petrov..and then levy and/or commoli went and got him someone else

there were players that Jol actually said that he didnt know he had a player until he was told.

I don't get why Baldini has gotten so much credit this summer, he's paid two release clauses and signed Chadli. I could've done that.

you've become even more boring it seems. Have you recently broke up with a partner or something?

Well he must not have said anything if Commoli was continuously buying players that Jol had no clue about.

I don't think Levy thinks like that tbh. If he did then he would have learnt from the first failed transfer window a few seasons back and rectified it the season after but he didn't. His job is to appoint a DOF that he feels will do the best job possible and bring us success, i doubt he'll inform Baldini that he has to liaison with AVB before making decisions.

Do you think this is a good decision by Levy if true?

To me it seems like a horrible idea to allow a technical director to sign players without the approval of the coach. Most speculations in recent years have been that we've been doing decisions on transfers by committee, I doubt Levy has just handed Baldini the keys to WHL and allowed him to make those decisions on his own.

no i remember this quite clearly

If we search online i am sure we can find something

Jol said once that he wanted petrov..and then levy and/or commoli went and got him someone else

there were players that Jol actually said that he didnt know he had a player until he was told.

He also said he wanted a like for like replacement for Carrick and Commoli brought in Zokora who he didn't even see play. He also said he didn't know who BAE was when he signed...all can be googled.

Do you think this is a good decision by Levy if true?

To me it seems like a horrible idea to allow a technical director to sign players without the approval of the coach. Most speculations in recent years have been that we've been doing decisions on transfers by committee, I doubt Levy has just handed Baldini the keys to WHL and allowed him to make those decisions on his own.

I think it's a horrible idea too.

because it happened again and again? if it was a one off you would expect Levy to point this out to Commoli if he felt he was doing something wrong. Commoli kept doing what he was doing again and again so obviously it didn't bother Levy much.

Can you name 3 players Commoli bought without Jol's consent?
Otherwise it seems you're posting opinion as fact again...

Last edited:
You're trying to twist my words imo. I think he can sometimes make the wrong decisions (like any other human being)

Was not my intention to try to twist your words.

Just my opinion that not caring about the working relationship between the technical director and the head coach and accepting that the technical director signs players without consulting the head coach will have a severe negative impact on a club's chances both short term and long term. At least for a club our size with our finances. It's not something I think a competent chairman should do. Thus if Levy does that then by my definition he's incompetent. At the very least in that area, and it's a pretty vital area of running football club.

Was not my intention to try to twist your words.

Just my opinion that not caring about the working relationship between the technical director and the head coach and accepting that the technical director signs players without consulting the head coach will have a severe negative impact on a club's chances both short term and long term. At least for a club our size with our finances. It's not something I think a competent chairman should do. Thus if Levy does that then by my definition he's incompetent. At the very least in that area, and it's a pretty vital area of running football club.

So you must think he's incompetent then being that he's done exactly that before?

So you must think he's incompetent then being that he's done exactly that before?

Like I said I would be very surprised if Levy is happy with that type of working relationship between our technical director and head coach so I don't think that he is incompetent.

If he was happy about it back then I would agree that he was incompetent back then, if he learned from it and is no longer happy about it then I would think that he's no longer incompetent.

I've stayed out of the discussion about what happened back during the Jol and Comolli days because I don't think it's clear cut what happened behind closed doors. I'm not convinced that Levy was happy about their working relation though. I don't think Jol mentioned any specific players that Comolli signed behind his back or how many players he was talking about. I also generally don't put too much stock into what a manager that has just been sacked has to say about the club, for them it's more about preserving their own image. With that I go back to not taking part in the discussion about what happened back in 2006 or whenever.

Back