• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Yeh and he has been poor post world cup despite being our best defender last season and before that.

As I say the fault lies collectively not even all on Sanchez TBH

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk
I think tactically moving tomero to the left was wrong
Should have moved Dier there
We literally moved too many pieces in one substitution that weakened both sides

He had gone past him, his poor touch brought the ball back toward Sanchez who then gets his toe on it

Porro jogs back instead of running back which would've meant Dier wouldn't have needed to come across

Freeze frame pictures like these can be used to tell any story, it doesn't show what happened in real time.

That was still outside the box and Sanchez is still goalside with the ball coming across him, he's not been taken out the game by the striker. There is danger, yes, but he should still be able to engage it....and he does. He gets to the ball ahead of the attacker. He knows Loris will come off his line, cos that's what Loris always does. They train for that.

I don't rate Sanchez as a defender, but one thing we know is that he not slow. Of the three CB he has legs to chase this down.
The problem is Dier doesn't trust him and panics. He does this all the time.

It's Dier who is running towards them panicking... And letting his Man have a free run into the box.
You need to close channels of runners by blocking and closing. Just don't panic. Romero was never gonna get across in time (as proven by the outcome.
IMG_20230416_230325.jpg

Him and and Lloris will both be in the team next seaman and we all know it. But they should both be two of the first names out the door in the summer.

He's far from the worst out there. Romero has been terrible since the world cup yet nothing said about him
I've been one of Romero's fans generally but I've definitely singled him out for several of his performances. Others have as well, but I do think Dier rightly gets more criticism because he's well below par and actively gives the ball away for opposition teams to launch counter-attacks to score immediately.

I've been one of Romero's fans generally but I've definitely singled him out for several of his performances. Others have as well, but I do think Dier rightly gets more criticism because he's well below par and actively gives the ball away for opposition teams to launch counter-attacks to score immediately.
I'm not defending Dier, but Romero has been worse for a lot of games recently. Romero gives the ball away a lot, as much as Dier. There's no doubt that Romero has the greater ability but he is stinking the place out at the moment yet it's always about Dier.

I'm not defending Dier, but Romero has been worse for a lot of games recently. Romero gives the ball away a lot, as much as Dier. There's no doubt that Romero has the greater ability but he is stinking the place out at the moment yet it's always about Dier.

Romero has age on his side and you can see he has the abilities to be a top defender. Needs coaching though

Dier doesnt have age on his side and won't get any better

Romero has age on his side and you can see he has the abilities to be a top defender. Needs coaching though

Dier doesnt have age on his side and won't get any better
Nothing to do with the point I'm making and I said he has greater ability than Dier. It doesn't change the fact that he has been brick since the world cup and before that, he suddenly had an injury but made a recovery to play for Argentina.
He deserves as much criticism as Dier.

Ha bringing in Romero for diers shortcomings is dense ... dier was gash a long time before Romero turned up.

At the very least Romero has shown ability to be a defender .. dier is just shocking.
Romero is clearly a step up, and has more levels to go, but he was also awful today.

Back