• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

So it comes down to the massive debt that doesn't look like it's going to be cleared soon.

Assuming if we can max out income, how many years to clear that gbp800 mil debt and interest to level where we can start investing in players comfortably?
How many times has it got to be repeated that we are investing in players (the details of spending have been shown to you numerous times)? Do you just ignore what everyone says or are a total WUM?

So if the club is sold on, what happens to the development project?

Do Enic keep all that and finish it off?

How many times has it got to be repeated that we are investing in players (the details of spending have been shown to you numerous times)? Do you just ignore what everyone says or are a total WUM?
To compete to win things. Looks like we could not afford to buy a few players more that we needed this season to compete for top four.

Simon Jordan talks a lot of sense. He sees things in the wider perspective, and doesn't just dive in with tunnel vision, like most in the media.

I am so conflicted by this potential situation. On the face of it, to be at the top table of competing for players in terms of wages and transfer fees, after years of watching Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project and now Saudi Sportswashing Machine financially dope via huge investment, would be amazing. To genuinely be in the mix for a player like Diaz who went to Liverpool, or the forthcoming auction there will be for Gvardiol, would be the stuff of when I cheat at Football Manager, set up a second manager, and buy all Spurs' dross for £300m to enable me to go and buy everyone....

But, and its a big but - this is everywhere now. While Chelsea were early adopters, and bought titles galore, with the impending sale of Utd and Liverpool being up for sale, you could soon have an EPL which has six or seven financially backed power houses and then a bunch of also rans. Middle East money won't buy Crystal Palace, or Norwich will they? If this happens (its arguable its already getting that way) then that to me is the death of association football in this country.

Simon Jordan talks a lot of sense. He sees things in the wider perspective, and doesn't just dive in with tunnel vision, like most in the media.

After splashing over a billion on a new stadium they need to offer well over £3m

Also, I am wary about being bought by another investment company.

After splashing over a billion on a new stadium they need to offer well over £3m

3m would be a tad low :p But As Simon Jordan said, 3 billion would be a fair starting point for further negotiations.

We have one of the best stadiums in the world while Chelsea need to build a new one. On that alone no way will Levy and Lewis accept less than what Chelsea cost. Cannot see ENIC selling for less than 4.5 billion

An investment company could be catastrophic for us, it is very unlikely they will be as good for us as Enic have been.

if we have to be taken over, then I hope it’s by the Qatari then we can be another sugar daddy club. I would much rather we stick with Levi and Enic though.

If someone comes in and clears the club debt (guessing that’s allowed under new ffp rules) then we’d be in extremely rude health.

That’s an extra £35m roughly no longer going on the stadium every year.
Yes would be allowed. Pretty sure that expenses on infrastructure aren't counted towards FFP numbers anyway. i.e. for FFP the interest on infrastructure debt and stadium depreciation wouldn't be included in the numbers. When looking at the accounts for this year I think we would come in at 88% for FFP.

Mmhmm. Even if they do nothing else, that's a massive debt gone along with ENIC - both of which can only improve us.

Coming to a fork in the road, really - we look like missing out on the CL and losing Conte in the summer. If this lot stay, we're also losing Kane, which will set us back years.

Only hope of preventing that and giving us a shot at competing for the big prizes is new owners with the pockets and ambition to compete. Turning down Boehly was great for ENIC, terrible for the club - hope it isn't repeated too often and this 20-year purgatory ends.
Unfortunately we've got very little FFP wiggle room now to spend a lot of money on new players.

So it comes down to the massive debt that doesn't look like it's going to be cleared soon.

Assuming if we can max out income, how many years to clear that gbp800 mil debt and interest to level where we can start investing in players comfortably?
The two things aren't connected really. We're already close to investing the maximum amount we can on players from an FFP perspective. Especially if we miss out on the CL next season. Things like actually getting a stadium sponsor are the most important things here that we have 100% control over.

Wasn't there talk of up to 4 potential buyers?

Why do you think Simon Jordan smirks at the end there when he says 'It's interesting that this bid/buyer went public with their interest...' What's the reasoning behind that do you think?

Back