• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

I must admit I do worry about what new owners we might end up with. Whilst things are not perfect with ENIC by any means, I lean towards the 'better the devil you know' camp on this.
I think a consortium is the most likely and it’s likely to include some unfavourable entities due to the value

No operating costs. You can also make a loss of up to £60m over 3 years.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...gulations-to-replace-ffp-all-you-need-to-know
In which case it seems that we're yet again operating well under the line (we're at about 67% in our recently released accounts by your metrics) *sigh*

There is still over £50m of wiggle room on combined amortisation and wage bill for this year (before even considering the allowable £60m loss). Next year we'll be even further below the line (unless we suddenly massively up our spending)

It's fine Levy trotting out the FFP line but he first has to get us operating somewhere close to the line instead of well below it.

Last edited:
I must admit I do worry about what new owners we might end up with. Whilst things are not perfect with ENIC by any means, I lean towards the 'better the devil you know' camp on this.
Depends on the owners. If it's a sovereign wealth fund, I wouldn't worry. They'll be splashing the cash. If it's an investment company, who knows. If it is an investment company, however, I would want Levy to stay on as chairman.

A financially backed power house is only truly driven by sovereign wealth or a philanthropic owner these days.
Investment funds/private equity want to be involved, they're obviously seeing something in it, (well some are, some want out...so go figure) but it's a risky game and mindless spending won't provide a return. (They're ultimate goal)

The sugar daddy buying pool is very limited and some of it suspect.

Agreed, which is why I am suspicious of an investment fund

Wasn't there talk of up to 4 potential buyers?

Why do you think Simon Jordan smirks at the end there when he says 'It's interesting that this bid/buyer went public with their interest...' What's the reasoning behind that do you think?

To get the fans calling for it and to then be able to parade to spurs fans as saviours to Levy's pariah.

I doubt they're actively looking to sell. It was only the other week levy was talking about some of the plans we have and some he couldn't talk about. But if the right offer came in? I think they'd sell. I don't think anyone will come in with the right offer though.

Yep and the right offer will be around £4.5bn so a fair bit above Levy and Lewis’ likely valuation of around £4bn.

Much more likely is qsi taking the 25% stake for £1bn.

I gather their interest is very much around supporting the surrounding property developments and that would certainly appeal to enic.

The question is will there also be some upside for the playing staff recruitment. That’s the mystery and if there is how does it work considering the £1bn probably goes into Levy and Lewis’ personal fortune.

In which case it seems that we're yet again operating well under the line (we're at about 67% in our recently released accounts by your metrics) *sigh*

There is still over £50m of wiggle room on combined amortisation and wage bill for this year (before even considering the allowable £60m loss). Next year we'll be even further below the line (unless we suddenly massively up our spending)

It's fine Levy trotting out the FFP line but he first has to get us operating somewhere close to the line instead of well below it.
Interesting that nobody seems to care about this….

Interesting that nobody seems to care about this….
Just aligning ourselves with City Chelsea etc etc:D

But seriously, are your estimates aligned with the eventual level of 70% in 24/25? And the allowable overspend is 60m not per season but spread over 3 seasons.

Plus it's all very well saying bring the spending level up as long as you have the profits to do that (if you're looking to be sustainable). It's already been supplemented with £100m extra (with £50m to come) to keep the transfer kitty topped up. Conference League football wouldn't of helped either, but CL this season will.

Edit Plus Deki and Richie are not in these accounts
Edit edit...also Romero

Last edited:
Just aligning ourselves with City Chelsea etc etc:D

But seriously, are your estimates aligned with the eventual level of 70% in 24/25? And the allowable overspend is 60m not per season but spread over 3 seasons.

Plus it's all very well saying bring the spending level up as long as you have the profits to do that (if you're looking to be sustainable). It's already been supplemented with £100m extra (with £50m to come) to keep the transfer kitty topped up. Conference League football wouldn't of helped either, but CL this season will.

Edit Plus Deki and Richie are not in these accounts
Edit edit...also Romero
Well (according to Lilbaz) we’re WAY under the 90% this year. We will we have a underspend of over £50m. With our increased revenue in the next accounts we’ll then also be WAY under the 80% for that year (probably even further under than this year). ignore the £60m overspend it seems we won’t even get close to zero overspend.

I had thought we were doing OK and operating close to the limit and Levy’s FFP talk was genuine. However it seems we’re doing the same thing we did for several years under the old rules and getting nowhere near the limits while just about every other club in the PL pushes them to the limits.

*Of course I reserve the right to retract this statement is if Lilbaz is wrong and the other costs are included in the FFP calculations

Last edited:
Well (according to Lilbaz) we’re WAY under the 90% this year. With our increased revenue in the next accounts we’ll then also be WAY under the 80% for that year. I had thought we were doing OK and operating close to the limit and Levy’s FFP talk was genuine. However it seems we’re doing the same thing we did for several years under the old rules and getting nowhere near the limits while just about every other club in the PL pushes them to the limits.

If this is true Levy needs to explain himself

Back