• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Yes and I agreed with this until I’d seen what a disgraceful window we are having where we have clearly identified two players to improve us and we are putting in pathetic bids tinkling off the selling clubs.

That is a strategy that has all the hallmarks of Levy that has cost us countless transfers over the years or at best saved a couple of million and the player comes late in the window.

Negotiating is one thing but Levy takes this to a whole new level, it’s clearly what he lives for and gives him a serious hard on when it comes off.

I didn’t notice us publicly disclose which players we had bid for and how much?

Also pretty sure Paratici leads the negotiations now.

Yes and I agreed with this until I’d seen what a disgraceful window we are having where we have clearly identified two players to improve us and we are putting in pathetic bids tinkling off the selling clubs.

That is a strategy that has all the hallmarks of Levy that has cost us countless transfers over the years or at best saved a couple of million and the player comes late in the window.

Negotiating is one thing but Levy takes this to a whole new level, its clearly what he lives for and gives him a serious hard on when it comes off.
It's Paratici that looks after transfers and the time to judge a transfer window is when it's over, not when there's still a quarter of it left.

I didn’t notice us publicly disclose which players we had bid for and how much?

Also pretty sure Paratici leads the negotiations now.

No I think Levy has got more involved again possibly due to the court case.

These bids for Porro and Zaniolo have all the hallmarks of Levy.

Quality players the manager wants available at reasonable fees from the beginning of the window, yet we spend weeks negotiating putting in low ball offers, offering absolutely brick back up players in exchange, ruining relations with the selling club, tinkling off our manager and ensuring that the best we can hope for is we save something like £1.45m and get the player on deadline day.

And all this just so levy can toss in his office that he ‘won’ the negotiation.

By all means its worth the above pain if he can save £10m plus but we are talking fractions, the guy doesn't live in the real world.

tbh he realised this and removed himself but sadly he couldn’t keep away.

I would imagine that Levy is very keen for a sale/cash injection, sooner rather than later. It only takes an unfortunate combination of circumstances and before you know it you are in the Championship - or consistently in the bottom half of the Premiership at least. Levy will soon be 62. It's not old, but it's not young either. When does the buzz wear off? How much longer does he want the hassle and stress of running Spurs when he could be spending more time with his family. in the meantime, running the club in way that preserves value for ENIC rather than destroying it is going to be increasingly difficult I think.

Quality players the manager wants available at reasonable fees from the beginning of the window, yet we spend weeks negotiating putting in low ball offers, offering absolutely brick back up players in exchange, ruining relations with the selling club, tinkling off our manager and ensuring that the best we can hope for is we save something like £1.45m and get the player on deadline day.

By all means its worth the above pain if he can save £10m plus but we are talking fractions, the guy doesn't live in the real world.

Define reasonable fees?
We’re back to fans saying what’s reasonable and claiming they know what conte wants
It’s conjecture and made up
I’d argue £40m for a wing back who doesn’t play for his country is a lot of money
Similarly the same kind of rumoured figure for Zaniolo with his injury history and his contract situation…. Is a lot of money

but they may well be good value if we sign them and they perform. We don’t know

and ruining relations with the selling club…. This is what happens all the time but we don’t see it from the outside. It’s football and it’s big money deals

there are some decent documentary’s about transfers now that you can watch

some happen really quick. Most take a few months now due to the amount of people involved and the money too

I would imagine that Levy is very keen for a sale/cash injection, sooner rather than later. It only takes an unfortunate combination of circumstances and before you know it you are in the Championship - or consistently in the bottom half of the Premiership at least. Levy will soon be 62. It's not old, but it's not young either. When does the buzz wear off? How much longer does he want the hassle and stress of running Spurs when he could be spending more time with his family. in the meantime, running the club in way that preserves value for ENIC rather than destroying it is going to be increasingly difficult I think.
Why is it going to be difficult to preserve the value? The majority of the clubs value is in bricks and mortar now. That’s how they have increased the revenue and anyone wanting to buy the club would see that. It’s rarely if ever on playing assets as they as transient

you can add in good will and loyalty with any owner knowing fans are fickle and will always come back

so what would change it?

Extremely poor leadership to get to that circumstance if that is the case.
It's not like Conte is making it easy either. There's plenty of blame to go around and then there re the personal losses Conte has suffered, which factor in. Just a bad set of circumstances all around.

Why is it going to be difficult to preserve the value? The majority of the clubs value is in bricks and mortar now. That’s how they have increased the revenue and anyone wanting to buy the club would see that. It’s rarely if ever on playing assets as they as transient

you can add in good will and loyalty with any owner knowing fans are fickle and will always come back

so what would change it?

I imagine value preservation will depend on a number of factors - debt structure, team performance, willing buyers at a particular price, economic outlook, time horizon during which you want to realise some or all of your investment etc, etc. But if if we take the club position as the variable factor, and all other things being equal, then the value overall must be worth more the higher the position because of the revenues from THFACL. We've been top four material for the last few years, but that might easily change.

I know all other things aren't equal and it is much more complex a calculation, but if I was Levy at this stage in his career I might want my investments unencumbered by the performance of a football team.

I imagine value preservation will depend on a number of factors - debt structure, team performance, willing buyers at a particular price, economic outlook, time horizon during which you want to realise some or all of your investment etc, etc. But if if we take the club position as the variable factor, and all other things being equal, then the value overall must be worth more the higher the position because of the revenues from THFACL. We've been top four material for the last few years, but that might easily change.

I know all other things aren't equal and it is much more complex a calculation, but if I was Levy at this stage in his career I might want my investments unencumbered by the performance of a football team.

I don’t think any out potential buyer would be bothered if we were 4th or 14th. Unless they are in for the very very short term
The clubs value is stadium and associated assets, location, fan base and growth potential

we have a higher growth potential than a LOT or clubs. More so I’d argue than anyone in London for example as we are growing despite actually winning nothing….

We’re ripe to be brought and I’d love richer owners

I do think levy wanting everything on his terms may be a restricting factor. That could, as usual, be speculation though.

similarly with other clubs being openly up for sale there is a trade off for any owners in the balance between us and those clubs.

He's appointed a DoF - other than blaming Levy out of habit there's no reason to be thinking he's making footballing decisions atm
Well there is ….
It suits people who keep on referring to what we did in the past and they then move that timeline.
I’ve just been arguing on teletext with a football finance expert who still can’t correlate profit vs turnover into a discussion
All I get is we did it in the past so we will do it again and nothing changes.
Then you’re forgetting that if it’s a good call it’s the manager or DOF. If it’s a bad call it’s levy

There's somewhat of a hoodwinking going on - how many years have the fanbase been talking about needing a rebuild? Well we're in bloody middle of one and in these periods form can be erratic, we should be trying to be understanding of this rather than protestinh owners and whipping up a storm because we're having to go through it.

Look no further than Arsenal & Arteta with his first 2 or 3 seasons in charge whilst they shifted out the players not required and brought in new players - it took time before things started to click on the pitch, it wasn't until last season that they started to look like they had the makings of a decent team and that's because by that point they had had more transfer windows and opportunities to bring about change in the playing staff - we're currently in that initial phase, just over a year of Conte being here and we've not yet seen the back of the third window in which we can try to address the squad balance (2 of which being January windows). Arsenal at the same juncture were heading towards a second 8th place finish on the spin.
Our chairman won’t give a manager that time to conduct a rebuild….

You do know that with Porro, Sporting are still holding out for the release fee of ~EUR 40m? Which if that is what it takes to get the player, has to be paid upfront. (It is actually the player himself who has to pay the fee to La Liga, who then pass it on to the club. So THFC would have to pay the full amount via Porro). Whereas if we could come to a negotiated fee that could be paid in instalments (as is usual practice) the impact on our transfer budget would be significantly less. Say somewhere between €8m-€12m for this year, and the next x years, depending on terms agreed, as opposed to €40m in one hit. That's a heck of a difference and would likely impact on what else we can do. It might look like we're offering just 'a few million' below the asking price, so why haggle, but when you look at the actual amount payable now, it's a significant difference. And this in turn may have a knock on effect on buying other players, when we don't know the deal for Porro.
[Speculation on my part of course, as none of us really know the details, but it seems more plausible than Levy (who probably isn't even involved) just getting off on playing hardball, as it were.]

Our chairman won’t give a manager that time to conduct a rebuild….

It doesn't have to be the manager the DoF is the most important wrt squad turnover however as per the Di Marzo statement it sounds like the club has an offer sat with Conte currently but it's the manager who is at a crossroads

It doesn't have to be the manager the DoF is the most important wrt squad turnover however as per the Di Marzo statement it sounds like the club has an offer sat with Conte currently but it's the manager who is at a crossroads
The chairman also has a habit of sacking DoFs when a bit of heat is coming from the fans.

Back