• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Nicholson massively underachieved, he had the best squad in the game with the double side, added the best goal scorer in the game in Greaves, and won next to fudge all, that should have been the start of a dynasty, we should have won the next 5/6 league titles and the same in European Cups, he let them rest on their laurels.
And he spent record money didn’t he?

We were
It was easier then of course as pre enic you weren’t competing with sovereign states and oligarchs
Clubs were owned by local men typically
The game has changed of course now and is a global opportunity for sport washing and ordinal gratification for a £Billionaire

Fair point, however the challenges are the same in a different environment. Buy smart, buy well, build a team, back the manager. The few elite teams cannot hold all of the players, there are plenty of quality players about that we could have had over the years under ENIC but we dawdle or go for the cheapo option. The chap, Diaz's dad has come out and said exactly that, we were trying to be too cute and not being decisive or clinical and so lost out ... yet again using those failed transfer tactics Levy loves to use.

No I was right
Look at who he signed in his first window
The equivalent window to what conte has just had
The only proven player if you can call him that was Caulker I believe
This is what you said
“No when Klopped joined they signed inexperienced and unproven players
Hell they signed a left back from a team that hot relegated
Got in an aging pro who the league leaders didn’t want
Signed a Brazilian striker from a small ish German side with a poor goal scoring record
They signed a midfielder who didn’t start for arsenal
Another midfielder from Saudi Sportswashing Machine who were relegated
A Brazilian Cm from Monaco who signed for Madrid but they offloaded him quickly on loan
Hell their star player flopped over here ince already and had to go to two teams in Italy where he won nothing and was still a big gamble
Klopp still didn’t complain

in fact in his first window he signed Steven fudging Caulker !!!!!”

you haven’t defined your period of time
I think the ageing pro you mean is Milner who Klopp didn’t sign

so you have included numerous different transfer windows in, where prior to the Coutinho sales they spend just over 150 million and sold just over 100 so therefore he was backed.

I think it’s fair to say given the resources and time they have had in the role Liverpool’s owners are far better than ours

Started supporting Spurs in 1961 when I was nine. Talk about being one of the big boys - wow - we were always in the mix. Should have won the European Cup - two iffy off side goals by Greavsie in Lisbon - would have beaten Real in the final. Always challenging and winning really well - smashed Atletico Madrid in final of Cup Winners Cup.

BUT we were - even then - a bit sexy, losing games we should have won at a canter. Many of the players were big drinkers and so results became a bit in and out - Bill NIck couldn't solve that and we should have won three more titles from 62 through to 67. The death of John White really knocked the side back and Danny Blanchflower was done by 1963. Bill tried to sign Johnny Haynes as the replacement but Johnny was a one club man. He tried to sign Bobby Moore who was keen to come but Ron Greenwood wouldn't sell him. and the side just sort of slipped away - some really good buys in Mullery and England but never as good again.

We were the big spenders then but we can't compare then to now really as the game is now doped by Oligarch and/or oil money - and therefore only those clubs can really compete nowadays. BUT that Double winning side was magnificent - they didn't just win - they blew teams away...

Salah, robertson and oxlade chamberlin were bought in the summer of 2017. Klopp joined liverpool in 2015.

Come back in 2 years time.

Even17/18 they made profit on transfers (yes helped by the sale of coutinho).

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liv.../31/plus/?saison_id=2017&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Where this £150m above sales comes from, i don't know.
I’m still trying to work out what you are trying to prove

Klopp had four transfer windows prior to the sale of Coutinho

In that period they spend just over 150 m and recouped just over 100 m

your claims of a profit are mythical during that time scale. You can try and spin it any other way but facts are facts.

Therefore trying to claim others are talking nonsense is as I said before a tad cheeky

Fair point, however the challenges are the same in a different environment. Buy smart, buy well, build a team, back the manager. The few elite teams cannot hold all of the players, there are plenty of quality players about that we could have had over the years under ENIC but we dawdle or go for the cheapo option. The chap, Diaz's dad has come out and said exactly that, we were trying to be too cute and not being decisive or clinical and so lost out ... yet again using those failed transfer tactics Levy loves to use.
He said a few clubs did what we did
Because we were delayed …
What’s also clear on that deal was that pool already had a deal with his agent

This is what you said
“No when Klopped joined they signed inexperienced and unproven players
Hell they signed a left back from a team that hot relegated
Got in an aging pro who the league leaders didn’t want
Signed a Brazilian striker from a small ish German side with a poor goal scoring record
They signed a midfielder who didn’t start for arsenal
Another midfielder from Saudi Sportswashing Machine who were relegated
A Brazilian Cm from Monaco who signed for Madrid but they offloaded him quickly on loan
Hell their star player flopped over here ince already and had to go to two teams in Italy where he won nothing and was still a big gamble
Klopp still didn’t complain

in fact in his first window he signed Steven fudging Caulker !!!!!”

you haven’t defined your period of time
I think the ageing pro you mean is Milner who Klopp didn’t sign

so you have included numerous different transfer windows in, where prior to the Coutinho sales they spend just over 150 million and sold just over 100 so therefore he was backed.

I think it’s fair to say given the resources and time they have had in the role Liverpool’s owners are far better than ours
He was backed
I never said he wasn’t
I also said he never complained about his windows
That’s true too

I’m still trying to work out what you are trying to prove

Klopp had four transfer windows prior to the sale of Coutinho

In that period they spend just over 150 m and recouped just over 100 m

your claims of a profit are mythical during that time scale. You can try and spin it any other way but facts are facts.

Therefore trying to claim others are talking nonsense is as I said before a tad cheeky

The conversation was started with this post.

Klopp was also backed with 150m in funding from the owners, above club-generated funds, above sales, in his tenure - and that's before he ever won his first trophy. Klopp got the most expensive defender in Premier League history, and one of the most expensive goalkeepers in Premier League history.

Conte has been given fudge all, like Poch was given f*ck all for five years where he single-handedly pulled us to within reach of the big time.

And here's a prediction for the summer if by some miracle Conte stays that long to listen to Levy's lies - he will get f*ck all again.

Eventually, it will sink in to everyone but Levy. And when the 'Levy Out' chants start again, as they did against United, as they did against Leicester, we will have started the process of unseating Lewis and his henchman, by hook or by crook. :)

As I said from the start - can't lose with Conte, as a club. Either he's backed and we win things, or Levy is a coward as he always is and Conte calls him out on it in public and leaves, which will leave our great chairman with nowhere left to hide.

Levy's chosen the second route. Fair enough.

Klopp wasn't backed with £150m funding from the owners. In his first 2 windows they made a profit on transfers as they did over the next 2 windows.

(Apologies as i didn't realise it wasn't you that made the original post).

No need for an apology mate. It’s a good discussion.

Actually the sum prior to Liverpool winning a trophy is around 116m in negative spend i.e. over what was generated outside of income from player sales, the first trophy as I painfully remember was the champions league in 2019 of which the gross spend was 150m so the point is Dubaispurs’ figures aren’t nonsensical.

And the point still remains that prior to selling Coutinho there was a net deficit of 50m.

in my opinion whichever way you look at it, in terms of buying players, in terms of selling players and in terms of strengthening the team from a position of strength and weakness Liverpool’s owners are superior to ours in all metrics and I would say that’s probably the reason Klopp doesn’t complain.

having said that I don’t actually think Conte was complaining as such but merely pointing out the obvious that Our strategy isn’t aligned potentially with competing with clubs that regularly win trophies. What our actually strategy is for the football team to me is unclear

He was backed
I never said he wasn’t
I also said he never complained about his windows
That’s true too
Yes and there are justifiable reasons why he didn’t complain but most of what you said in that quote makes no sense.

he only bought inexperienced players?

So you’re only gripe is in your view is that Conte is complaining?

Yes and there are justifiable reasons why he didn’t complain but most of what you said in that quote makes no sense.

he only bought inexperienced players?

So you’re only gripe is in your view is that Conte is complaining?
Have you heard his complaints?
That’s my gripe
The bloke is acting like he didn’t want to shift out the 4 players he didn’t play and didn’t want the two he got
I need to read a full transcript of course but that IMO is shockingly weak behaviour being paraded as bravery. A weak manager makes excuses in advance … a great manager deals with the hand he has and makes it better

conte has been done twice now in quick succession by managers being smarter than him. Conte is IMO one of the top 5 in the world but he isn’t perfect.

That’s my gripe
The bloke is acting like he didn’t want to shift out the 4 players he didn’t play and didn’t want the two he got
I need to read a full transcript of course but that IMO is shockingly weak behaviour being paraded as bravery. A weak manager makes excuses in advance … a great manager deals with the hand he has and makes it better

So now we are questioning if Conte is a great manager? I think his record speaks for itself. In your opinion are Sam Allardyce and Sean Dyche are just the lords of management.

So now we are questioning if Conte is a great manager? I think his record speaks for itself. In your opinion are Sam Allardyce and Sean Dyche are just the lords of management.
Sean Dyche is a great manager IMO
allardyce… nah
But conte has just lose two games back to back to lesser sides because their managers were smarter than him.

That’s my gripe

conte has been done twice now in quick succession by managers being smarter than him. Conte is IMO one of the top 5 in the world but he isn’t perfect.
I’m not saying he is perfect but I don’t see Conte’s points as complaining

the two contentious ones are that on paper we have weakend which is true

secondly that the signings fit Tottenham’s profile, given his description that is also true

Sean Dyche is a great manager IMO
allardyce… nah
But conte has just lose two games back to back to lesser sides because their managers were smarter than him.

Yet we wouldnt have either of those managers at the helm ahead of Conte ... they have had their day in the sun but Conte is an elite manager.

No need for an apology mate. It’s a good discussion.

Actually the sum prior to Liverpool winning a trophy is around 116m in negative spend i.e. over what was generated outside of income from player sales, the first trophy as I painfully remember was the champions league in 2019 of which the gross spend was 150m so the point is Dubaispurs’ figures aren’t nonsensical.

And the point still remains that prior to selling Coutinho there was a net deficit of 50m.

in my opinion whichever way you look at it, in terms of buying players, in terms of selling players and in terms of strengthening the team from a position of strength and weakness Liverpool’s owners are superior to ours in all metrics and I would say that’s probably the reason Klopp doesn’t complain.

having said that I don’t actually think Conte was complaining as such but merely pointing out the obvious that Our strategy isn’t aligned potentially with competing with clubs that regularly win trophies. What our actually strategy is for the football team to me is unclear

They've spent better no argument there. But a £50m net spend over 4 transfer windows isn't that much. We've spent £55m net in the last 2 windows.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein/148

They've spent better no argument there. But a £50m net spend over 4 transfer windows isn't that much. We've spent £55m net in the last 2 windows.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein/148
The amount isn’t the issue, it’s the fact he has been funded above

and if you look at the original post their transfer deficit was around 116m prior to their first trophy.

again in my opinion that is not the pie in the sky that you claimed from Dubai’s post

Back