• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Re: What the absolute F??????

id blame levy for not backing Poch in the summer. we should have had Schneiderlin at least

The same Schneiderlin that Soton REFUSED to sell? How do you make that happen without spending waaaaaaay over the odds?

Are they blaming him because he hired Poch and not FDB (Verts and Eriksen??) or are they blaming him for the way the club is run (AVB sacking etc).

the majority of our players were signed becasue Levy didnt back managers first choices.

Levy: What player would you like me to buy for you?

Manager: Lionel Messi.

Levy: And your second choice is....?

Fan: LEVY, THE ****, NEVER BACKS HIS MANAGERS!

the majority of our players were signed becasue Levy didnt back managers first choices.

Absolutely this, and they're right in that Levy's style of operating will handicap us forevermore should he remain for that long. But what's funny is that these bargain buys who now earn their wages due to Daniel Levy....are now blaming Daniel Levy....for signing them? Erm...It would be delightfully ironic if Stambouli and Fazio angrily stormed up to Levy and shouted 'Why did you sign us? We're not Schneiderlin and Musacchio, we'll never be as good as them and by signing us you're taking this club backwards!'.

"Those who feel they are not part of his long-term plans are concerned they will be denied moves away from Spurs by Levy’s inflated asking prices....."

This is far more believable. Anyway, this topic could conceivably be merged into the Daniel Levy thread, anyway, so....

Ridiculous isn't it? It's as if Levy didn't actually try to buy Schneiderlin or Mussachio...oh wait...if they had joined and had some bad early games it'd be "Levy has continue to waste the Bale money..."

The guy cant win

if this isnt a joke post, then its an embarrassing one.

The same Schneiderlin that Soton REFUSED to sell? How do you make that happen without spending waaaaaaay over the odds?

Exactly.

There's no doubt that Levy has to review his player signing strategy but it amazes me how his failure, for varying reasons, to sign the likes of Schneiderlin, Moutinho, Willian, Musacchio and Hulk is held up as some kind of proof that he is the devil incarnate.

Hulk, Moutinho, Schneiderlin, 2 of whom we were quoted ridiculous prices for , while Porto docked us around re Moutinho at the last minute. Not to mention both Hulk and Mouthinho would have wanted ridiculous wages.

Anyway my point isn't so much whether Levy has or hasn't made mistakes, he obviously has. Its more the point that it used to be shocking to see players openly criticising the manager, and yet now here are a bunch of under performing, mostly nomark players criticising the club chairman!!

Unbelievable and inexcusable for them to be using this as an excuse for their own failings. If this story is true is says a lot about why our current squad is failing to achieve anything. No wonder Pochettinho wants new players.

Actually, on reflection, it might not be Fazio and Stambouli angrily complaining about their inferiority compared to the original targets, as amusing as that might be. It might be other players wondering why Fazio and Stambouli were brought in when the team presumably were expecting Schneiderlin and Musacchio (Fazio and Stambouli are just placeholders, obviously: could be any of our signings from the last few years, really).

That is far more dangerous if it is true, because it implies that the players themselves are divided over the ability of some of the lads brought in, and are divided enough to make those opinions public. I mean, jeez, Stambouli/Fazio/A.N.Other may be worse than the players you originally expected to come in, but that doesn't excuse impugning them in public to the press: they're still your team-mates. Worrying, if this story is true.

Hopefully it isn't. Questions about Levy's bargain-basement shopping policy are needed, and welcome: but within the fanbase, and the club. Not outside it.

what manager is going to come in and demand Messi though? - hardly the same as to not paying extra for a Moutinho or a Schneiderlin.

It's called hyperbole - a rhetorical device to emphasise a point. It's not meant to be taken literally, as I'm sure you're aware.

Last edited:
What the absolute F??????

Reporter sees discontent at chairman on messageboards. Reporter then adds fuel to the fire by writing unsubstantiated article which people will lap up as it fits their agendas. Story gets discussed/linked - newspapers earns money and gets to ramp up a supporters discontent/chairman out story - haven't had one of those in a few years

what manager is going to come in and demand Messi though? - hardly the same as to not paying extra for a Moutinho or a Schneiderlin.

So you honestly think Moutinho was worth what was quoted?

You honestly believe we should have paid 25-30M or Schneiderlin?

Reporter sees discontent at chairman on messageboards. Reporter then adds fuel to the fire by writing unsubstantiated article which people will lap up as it fits their agendas. Story gets discussed/linked - newspapers earns money and gets to ramp up a supporters discontent/chairman out story - haven't had one of those in a few years

Would it surprise you if you learned that some players don't like expecting the arrival great team-mates to play with and then getting sub-standard versions on deadline day? It is at least plausible, you have to admit. As for 'unsubstantiated', ninety-five percent of football reporting comes from 'sources close to the manager/chairman/board/administrator/players'. It isn't exactly common for football news to be well-sourced.

Would it surprise you if you learned that some players don't like expecting the arrival great team-mates to play with and then getting sub-standard versions on deadline day? It is at least plausible, you have to admit. As for 'unsubstantiated', ninety-five percent of football reporting comes from 'sources close to the manager/chairman/board/administrator/players'. It isn't exactly common for football news to be well-sourced.

I see you are going with this theory; can I ask you to name some plausible candidates in our great team who could be of this thinking?

I see you are going with this theory; can I ask you to name some plausible candidates in our great team who could be of this thinking?

I honestly don't know, because they don't call me and pour their hearts out to me every week (as much as I would like that to happen). It isn't out of the realms of possibility that Lloris, for example, having played with Bale, was unimpressed by the calibre of the players we signed to replace him, or by the substitution of Schneiderlin (a national team buddy of his) with Stambouli (a relative unknown, even in France). Ditto, Verts might not be very happy with having to play second fiddle to the likes of Fazio, who he probably feels superior to. Ade...well, we all know about Ade. He's seen the devolution of our team from title challengers in January 2012 to what we are today: I'm sure he has some views on the subject.

Like I said, it's very plausible that some of the players don't like what's going on. Not certain, but plausible. The specific players who might have a problem with our transfer policy...well, could be anyone who's been here a while and seen the way we've devolved.

Back