• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

So lets start with I agree, I just think the ask is extremely ambiguous at a point when the frog has already been boiled

- How would you identify the "right" fans to exempt from premium pricing models (local/UK/age/games attended?)
- How would you police it? (always some asshat that will get the cheap tickets and decide that's his retirement plan)
- Do you just freeze it at this point or do you actually roll back to a previous lower value?

There is something relatively unique to UK football in terms of the generations supporting a club that is threatened here that is probably worth protecting (and to your point the club thinking about). In terms of pragmatism (I'm very guilty of), I don't see a solution for top level clubs

I think its much simpler than that, I think you give more consideration to ST holders who by definition hold a history and loyalty of support. That then by simplicity protects those of all age groups, you don't have to factor much else into the thinking just don't make 6% leaps.

As for the policing as everything is now data and trend lead its not an overly complicated one to fix if there was an appetite, given its one of the top line excuses for the increase I imagine there is not much appetite there to fix TBH.

I think its much simpler than that, I think you give more consideration to ST holders who by definition hold a history and loyalty of support. That then by simplicity protects those of all age groups, you don't have to factor much else into the thinking just don't make 6% leaps.

As for the policing as everything is now data and trend lead its not an overly complicated one to fix if there was an appetite, given its one of the top line excuses for the increase I imagine there is not much appetite there to fix TBH.
As in put an additional premium on new ones?

As in put an additional premium on new ones?

Na because the ST numbers are ringfenced and those on the wait list would fall under assumed loyalty by definition of however long the list is these days. Was around 100,000 waiting so its a fair assumption that anyone sitting on it does so out of loyalty and the numbers of new tickets issued would be so low it would not be worth crying about.

My point is that the club could place more value on loyalty than that extra 3m of revenue from not giving the concessions

It's a broader societal conversation though. Pensioners now have much larger disposable income than the working age population. If anything they should be paying an additional 'triple-lock top-up tax' on everything they buy.

It's a broader societal conversation though. Pensioners now have much larger disposable income than the working age population. If anything they should be paying an additional 'triple-lock top-up tax' on everything they buy.
OAPs was just an example, my original point is, in theory, we could freeze ST prices again and maintain the concessions policy and it not have a major impact on the income to the club GIVEN we now maximise income in a vast number of other areas.

Simplified, our long term prospects wouldn't take any kind of hit by not making our fans pay the top ticket prices in European football.

Especially when you factor in the clubs had its non match day events licence extended for more events. There was an opportunity to take the burden off the fans, they chose not to.

As I say, is what it is, nothing said here makes a blind difference

I'm off for a curry

Last edited:
My point is that the club could place more value on loyalty than that extra 3m of revenue from not giving the concessions

What’s the cash value of that loyalty though?

I have no idea, but I bet Levy does.

And is it really loyalty? Every time I’ve paid over the odds to get into a sold out game it’s someone else’s season ticket I’ve been going in with.

What’s the cash value of that loyalty though?

I have no idea, but I bet Levy does.

And is it really loyalty? Every time I’ve paid over the odds to get into a sold out game it’s someone else’s season ticket I’ve been going in with.

There's always exceptions and anecdotes but I know plenty where the financial burden of following Spurs and increase will likely hurt them more individually than the overall gains benefit to the club....in the grand scheme. Anyway I will leave that there

There's always exceptions and anecdotes but I know plenty where the financial burden of following Spurs and increase will likely hurt them more individually
Just don't go then. I don't go. Thousands of people don't go, as it is expensive. In fact, hundreds of thousands of people don't go because it is expensive. If people have been going for years, it is because they can afford it whilst hundreds of thousands of others can't afford it.
Boo hoo if they can't afford it this year, join the hundreds of thousands of others that can't afford it either.

We are a very wealthy club. There are other ways to increase revenue streams (most of which we exploit, and continue to build upon - go-karts anyone?) other than further squeezing pensioners who have, by and large, supported the club through much less prosperous times.

Perhaps because they were already very high in comparison to most other clubs?

I’ve given up going this season, save for the Sheffield United game. Had a bit of an epiphany that day when I realised a game day was now costing me £150 - £200 a pop, once food, a couple of pints and transport are factored in. For 90 minutes of entertainment (and it’s often not that entertaining!) that feels way out of kilter.

I realise that short-term me - and others like me - not attending will have zero impact on the club. They’ll continue to sell seats to those in London for the weekend who want to see the stadium, and to the large South Korean contingent of supporters who follow Son. I’m not sure about the long term strategy, though.

Demand and supply dictates prices. Nothing else.

Just don't go then. I don't go. Thousands of people don't go, as it is expensive. In fact, hundreds of thousands of people don't go because it is expensive. If people have been going for years, it is because they can afford it whilst hundreds of thousands of others can't afford it.
Boo hoo if they can't afford it this year, jo⁵in the hundreds of thousands of others that can't afford it either.
That's the spirit

This conversation can go around and around and there is no real happy ending to it. Am i happy with the price of my S/T going up as a OAP? of course not but its a choice i have to make and want too. Others will spend fortunes on other things ( putting their nose bags on in posh overpriced restruants, buying the latest b oys toys, etc,etc etc). We have a choice to make when we decide what we want to spend our bread on and its a choice we have to make.

Its allready been said but " yer p ays yer m oney or takes your choice" no one forces any of us to make those choices.

Back