• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Seen some comments today that the club needs to give more discounts to OAPs
And that clubs are paying the younger fan base do need to discount their tickets too
Now both I agree with
But who subsidises it all
The players don’t but are the biggest drain on the game

And that clubs are paying the younger fan base do need to discount their tickets too
Now both I agree with

I've been thinking loads about it recently and you would like to think the events at the stadium that increase revenues subsidised potential increases to fans rather than double dipping.

If clubs dared to be different i would love to see a means tested weekly lottery for say 500 tickets which gave back to anyone on the scale that couldn't normally afford to go, as I suggested before I would even love a gift button for giving back unwanted STs to an organisation locally to give a ticket to someone in the community who wouldn't go normally.

I've been thinking loads about it recently and you would like to think the events at the stadium that increase revenues subsidised potential increases to fans rather than double dipping.

If clubs dared to be different i would love to see a means tested weekly lottery for say 500 tickets which gave back to anyone on the scale that couldn't normally afford to go, as I suggested before I would even love a gift button for giving back unwanted STs to an organisation locally to give a ticket to someone in the community who wouldn't go normally.
I'm here for you.

If new revenue streams were used to subsidise fan tickets it's lost income. There'd then be fans moaning that we are not spending enough on transfers/wages etc. There's no winning.

If new revenue streams were used to subsidise fan tickets it's lost income. There'd then be fans moaning that we are not spending enough on transfers/wages etc. There's no winning.

Well it will not suit the fans who have to moan about everything the club do for sure. ( and we do seem to have a lot of them).

This is a different issue. We can afford to spend more than we do currently but decide to be relatively frugal. It's an interesting mix having the lowest wages to revenue ratio while at the same time having some of the most expensive tickets.

I don't think you can hand wave away the discussion whichever way you land. There is something to be said about being frugal but you must be able understand the same fans asking about the ticket prices at the same time?

Last edited:
Now both I agree with

It's demand and supply.

But you need long term thinking. We need to encourage young fans to come to games or become fans.

The increased revenues on the tickers is fairly negligible versus the increase in other areas. Its greed at this point and I defend the club more than most on most stuff.

There will be the line of following others and just following trends but Spurs tickets are a premium as it was.

Last edited:
The increased revenues on the tickers is fairly negligible versus the increase in other areas. Its greed at this point and I defend the club more than most on most stuff.

There will be the line of following others and just following trends but Spurs tickets are a premium as it was.

Froze the ticket prices for 5 years.

A mistake increading by 6%. 3% this year. 3% next. Would have been more palatable.

Agreed, the stupidity was freezing ticket prices for 5 years.
They should put them up 1% or 2% every year and nobody would grumble.
Likewise the OAPs, should ratchet those down slowly slowly rather than BANG, no more.
Avoids all the bad press and bad feelings for a tiny net difference.

It's only greed if the money goes somewhere other than back into club (words matter)

You may disagree with the model but it's not hording/greed/cheap if the money goes back into club/infrastructure/squad.

Now both I agree with
We are a very wealthy club. There are other ways to increase revenue streams (most of which we exploit, and continue to build upon - go-karts anyone?) other than further squeezing pensioners who have, by and large, supported the club through much less prosperous times.

Froze the ticket prices for 5 years.
Perhaps because they were already very high in comparison to most other clubs?

I’ve given up going this season, save for the Sheffield United game. Had a bit of an epiphany that day when I realised a game day was now costing me £150 - £200 a pop, once food, a couple of pints and transport are factored in. For 90 minutes of entertainment (and it’s often not that entertaining!) that feels way out of kilter.

I realise that short-term me - and others like me - not attending will have zero impact on the club. They’ll continue to sell seats to those in London for the weekend who want to see the stadium, and to the large South Korean contingent of supporters who follow Son. I’m not sure about the long term strategy, though.

We are a very wealthy club. There are other ways to increase revenue streams (most of which we exploit, and continue to build upon - go-karts anyone?) other than further squeezing pensioners who have, by and large, supported the club through much less prosperous times.

Perhaps because they were already very high in comparison to most other clubs?

I’ve given up going this season, save for the Sheffield United game. Had a bit of an epiphany that day when I realised a game day was now costing me £150 - £200 a pop, once food, a couple of pints and transport are factored in. For 90 minutes of entertainment (and it’s often not that entertaining!) that feels way out of kilter.

I realise that short-term me - and others like me - not attending will have zero impact on the club. They’ll continue to sell seats to those in London for the weekend who want to see the stadium, and to the large South Korean contingent of supporters who follow Son. I’m not sure about the long term strategy, though.
Are we wealthy? I don’t see that
I see a company with a high turnover that people assume means cash in the bank or wealth
I do fully agree they have got it wrong on concessions. The thing they bro wrong was making it such that once you reach a certain age it instantly means a discount. I thought they only offered that in the north stand and a certain number of them but apparently not
The younger fans problem is another that isn’t an easy fix
The problem in football is the money goes to the players and not the clubs. The players earn more and more whilst most don’t deliver enough to warrant it. That drain on all clubs finances is huge

Back