• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

“Bottling it”, is allowing an opportunity to pass without taking advantage of it.
Bottling is when you have a situation at an advantageous position an example would be being 2 up Vs Emirates Marketing Project at half time on the cup and them having 10 men. To then lose that match is what shows a weak mentality ie. Bottling it. Not winning a match that you have decided we should just win is not bottling.

We did not for example bottle the CL final. They were the favourites and in fantastic form whereas we were in abject form by the time of the final and had a half dead Kane playing. At no point where we even in the match to bottle it.

Bottling is when you have a situation at an advantageous position an example would be being 2 up Vs Emirates Marketing Project at half time on the cup and them having 10 men. To then lose that match is what shows a weak mentality ie. Bottling it. Not winning a match that you have decided we should just win is not bottling.

We did not for example bottle the CL final. They were the favourites and in fantastic form whereas we were in abject form by the time of the final and had a half dead Kane playing. At no point where we even in the match to bottle it.

I agree for the most part. Although I’d say there was an element of us (and Poch) freezing in finals and games where a win would have taken us top of the league, we weren’t favourites in any of the finals under his watch. It’s pretty pointless trying to have a reasonable debate with Baleforce when it comes to Liverpool. He’s not objective and doesn’t have any credible argument or viewpoint to fall back on, just his warped perception of reality. He doesn’t think Salah is elite despite winning two golden boots, winning everything at club level etc.

I agree for the most part. Although I’d say there was an element of us (and Poch) freezing in finals and games where a win would have taken us top of the league, we weren’t favourites in any of the finals under his watch. It’s pretty pointless trying to have a reasonable debate with Baleforce when it comes to Liverpool. He’s not objective and doesn’t have any credible argument or viewpoint to fall back on, just his warped perception of reality. He doesn’t think Salah is elite despite winning two golden boots, winning everything at club level etc.

Absolutely, you can be underdogs and win, I don't remember a final or SF where I even think we performed to our level that year let alone stepped up to pushed harder. I'm not going as far to saying bottled but to my point yesterday we had players in big double figures for goals in the league and massive assist makers who did neither in big games....that's for me as big if not bigger frustration.

Absolutely, you can be underdogs and win, I don't remember a final or SF where I even think we performed to our level that year let alone stepped up to pushed harder. I'm not going as far to saying bottled but to my point yesterday we had players in big double figures for goals in the league and massive assist makers who did neither in big games....that's for me as big if not bigger frustration.

I’d agree with that. Not to sit on the fence but I do also agree with Bishop’s view that we were too reliant on one player (Eriksen) for creativity and we had no viable alternative if he was nullified, didn’t turn up or was unavailable, Kane and Son weren’t overly creative players at that point and Alli wasn’t creative. Totally agree the performances were almost always poor when it came to crunch games.

This I do agree with. I think we kind of think the same way just slightly different variations of it. 😅

I’d agree with that. Not to sit on the fence but I do also agree with Bishop’s view that we were too reliant on one player (Eriksen) for creativity and we had no viable alternative if he was nullified, didn’t turn up or was unavailable, Kane and Son weren’t overly creative players at that point and Alli wasn’t creative. Totally agree the performances were almost always poor when it came to crunch games.

Agree about Eriksen as i have said many times he was the heart and soul of our team and the only one who could really make things tick, and when off form ( which happens to all players) we stuggled. However as i believed at the time and still do the mentality of the team was missing in a lot of games and that was the main reasons we never really won the crunch games.

We've built a stadium, we have solid revenue streams and now begun the rebuild and catching up with several no transfer windows. Guess this is right and we should be able to sustain spending into 2024
Screenshot_20240228_233532_X.jpg

We've built a stadium, we have solid revenue streams and now begun the rebuild and catching up with several no transfer windows. Guess this is right and we should be able to sustain spending into 2024
View attachment 16842

Yeah we have to abide by uefas rules aswell. So 80% of revenue can be spent on wages, amortisation and agents fees this year. 70% next.

Which i'm pretty sure is less than £664m.

Edit - they got european clubs in there too? Where are they getting these figures from?

View attachment 16842
The 1 year of no transfer activity was about 6 years ago now wasn’t it? The rebuild has been well underway since that point, (it started under Poch by the way, but he’d mentally checked out by that time) it’s just we spunked it on the wrong players initially. Since Levy has gone back to his preferred dof structure and got Paratici in we’ve been much better at that.

We moved in to the new stadium 5/6 years ago and since then we’ve been one of the biggest spenders in the league. I’m amazed this still passes people by tbh.

Chart makes good reading though..

Last edited:
The 1 year of no transfer activity was about 6 years ago now wasn’t it? The rebuild has been well underway since that point, (it started under Poch by the way, just he’d mentally checked out by that time) it’s just we spunked it on the wrong players initially. Since Levy has gone back to his preferred dof structure and got Paratici in we’ve been much better at that.

We moved in to the new stadium 5/6 years ago and since then we’ve been one of the biggest spenders in the league. I’m amazed this still passes people by tbh.

Chart makes good reading though..
Its like we had excuses to not spend that weren't acceptable, now we've got no excuses not to spend, it'll be unacceptable if we don't.

So, in reality, no change.

I think I'll just keep running the club as I see fit tbh.

Last edited:
View attachment 16842
Somehow I doubt we have £643 million in FFP wiggle room. Maybe closer to what Pool have. Would be nice if this guy could "show us his work" as to how he arrived at these figures.

Its like we had excuses to not spend that weren't exceptable, now we've got no excuses not to spend, it'll be unacceptable if we don't.

So, in reality, no change.

I think I'll just keep running the club as I see fit tbh.
Did I miss the post where you admitted to being Daniel Levy?
And what does "exceptable" mean?

Interesting... Eric Dier on Daniel Levy:

“I just find it funny when I went to the #Tottenham stadium and see ‘Levy Out’ and I’m thinking, this guy over the last ten years has built the best infrastructure in football, best training ground, best stadium — and a team during all of that time that has stayed relatively competitive, reaching the Champions League final in 2019…”

“You never hear Tottenham in any of these FFP conversations. It’s baffling to me that a Tottenham fan could ever be upset with someone who looks after a club in that way.”

“I just find it funny when I went to the #Tottenham stadium and see ‘Levy Out’ and I’m thinking, this guy over the last ten years has built the best infrastructure in football, best training ground, best stadium — and a team during all of that time that has stayed relatively competitive, reaching the Champions League final in 2019…”

“You never hear Tottenham in any of these FFP conversations. It’s baffling to me that a Tottenham fan could ever be upset with someone who looks after a club in that way.”

Also spoke really highly of Ange despite not being in his plans. He's a good bloke our Eric.

It beggars belief doesn’t it?!

It beggars belief doesn’t it?!

Not really. People see things differently. The club undoubtedly went backwards for a few years after Poch and it was completely understandable for fans to question the direction of the club at times. I’ll balance out my view and say ENIC have done many good things for us. It would be wrong to say otherwise. However the objective of football is to win and the club is in the middle of one of the most barren runs of trophies in our history. Is that all ENIC’s fault? No, but they’re partly responsible or accountable as they own the club just as any owner of any business is responsible for the overall success of the company. I’ve seen people say “well ENIC don’t actually kick a ball and cant influence things on the pitch” or words to that effect but I disagree. They get credit for setting the conditions and laying the foundations when we achieve a top four finish, the same principle should be applied when we don’t achieve our goals. A manager can only influence so many things with regards to tactics, substitutions and formations. But they’re held accountable when things go wrong and are credited when things go well. Same applies for ownership albeit for different reasons.

Back