• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

He's said that we've had people in the building that we should have signed and Levy has stood in the way. I'm not strongly anti-Levy or ENIC but I think this paints a picture of a chairman who has more say in transfers than other chairmen and the result is not always beneficial to Tottenham Hotspur FC.

It irks Jordan terribly that he's being labelled a Levy supporter because he's pally with him. This interview shows why that perception is out there.
If Levy stood in the way, there was a reason. He's spent his whole life doing what he 'thinks' is best for Spurs, whilst insuring we spend within our means. I think the only way Levy would stand in the way, is if it didn't make sense financially. And don't forget about hindsight; for anyone coming out and saying I recommended Levy buy X player but he didn't, I bet they also recommended one that turned to brick.

I'm sure levy did say no to deals he didn't think were good value. This was under poch when we still had to sell to buy due to building the stadium.

Is he still doing it? Probably.

Is that more interference than other chairmen? Dunno to be honest. Many clubs miss out on players because they are unwilling to match the fee or wages. Citymissed out on kane because they weren't prepared to pay what we wanted.

Is it really that controversial? A chairman saying no to deals that aren’t value for money? The alternative being saying yes to deals that aren’t value for money. That approach will quickly see is run into difficulties.

I think the happy medium would be a willingness to slightly overpay if it’s a key position/player. But I certainly wouldn’t want him to say yes to everything regardless of price.

It irks Jordan terribly that he's being labelled a Levy supporter because he's pally with him. This interview shows why that perception is out there.
I simply think Jordan is friends with Levy as they work in the same industry, at the same level.

He supports and respects Levy because he fully understands the complexities of running a football club and probably thinks Levy has done a very good job of it and furthermore a better job than he made of running Palace. And for someone of Jordans head size can only result in respect.

I simply think Jordan is friends with Levy as they work in the same industry, at the same level.

He supports and respects Levy because he fully understands the complexities of running a football club and probably thinks Levy has done a very good job of it and furthermore a better job than he made of running Palace. And for someone of Jordans head size can only result in respect.

No not true, Jordan has come out to say that he doesn't like levy on a personal level but respects how he decides to run the football club.

Think Levy kicked him out of the boardroom for not wearing a tie back in the day

I'm sure levy did say no to deals he didn't think were good value. This was under poch when we still had to sell to buy due to building the stadium.

Is he still doing it? Probably.

Is that more interference than other chairmen? Dunno to be honest. Many clubs miss out on players because they are unwilling to match the fee or wages. Citymissed out on kane because they weren't prepared to pay what we wanted.
Obviously when the Webb guy was there we were still under (stadium) constraints. Being his master plan it's fair to think Levy wants to steer the ship to his course until that chapter closes.

Since then the calls for a DofF later has been granted.
....and now a CFO is in place.

Hopefully it gets to the stage where the (Levy led) commercial department allocate the transfer and wage budgets and the football side get on with it.

If they fail....they get called clams, useless, shambolic.

But probably, in reality, will be called....fall guys, puppets, sacrificial lambs.

No not true, Jordan has come out to say that he doesn't like levy on a personal level but respects how he decides to run the football club.

Think Levy kicked him out of the boardroom for not wearing a tie back in the day
He's not said that. He's said he's had a hard time with him doing business in football.. eg bostock.

Besides, he says he's a friend 5min into that video...

He's said that we've had people in the building that we should have signed and Levy has stood in the way. I'm not strongly anti-Levy or ENIC but I think this paints a picture of a chairman who has more say in transfers than other chairmen and the result is not always beneficial to Tottenham Hotspur FC.

So what if we've had people in the building? Webb said he doesn't know why those deals didn't go through. If it's not within the limits of what we are willing to pay or wage demands are excessive then, like any decent chairman, he's going to pull the plug.

Not one to lose sleep over

Levy has made mistakes, so it's not groundbreaking to find an ex employee to state it

I'm sure you can find others to say positive things if that's the story you wanted to paint.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Last edited:
I heard that live, two observations, he was reluctant to be drawn and obviously skirted around a lot but he clearly felt that someone at the club was interfering/holding transfers back.
Also jordan has always been very much in the "levy does not interfere" and purports to be a friend of levy, but he backed off pretty quickly and didn't want to engage to heavily.
Interesting and very probably coincidence that that's now two people in a week that have publicly came out and said that the club hasn't been since pochs days.
Harry and this guy.

Which Harry?

He's said that we've had people in the building that we should have signed and Levy has stood in the way.
Sounds like Levy was unable to agree the finer points of the contract e.g. wages, sign on fee, extras for hitting certain targets, agent fee, image rights, goalposts shifting etc.
Could also cover things like Willian walking out and joining someone else with a better deal.
Hard to know what really happened.

Sounds like Levy was unable to agree the finer points of the contract e.g. wages, sign on fee, extras for hitting certain targets, agent fee, image rights, goalposts shifting etc.
Could also cover things like Willian walking out and joining someone else with a better deal.
Hard to know what really happened.

Specifics yeah, but like @DubSpur says, can probably be summed up by the deal getting to the point where we couldn’t afford it, so we were right to walk away.

I wish he’d have stood in the way of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessengnon, Reguilon, etc. Etc.

would be interesting to know the players he’s talking about, would give us a better idea of the reason it didn’t go through I’d imagine?

So what if we've had people in the building? Webb said he doesn't know why those deals didn't go through. If it's not within the limits of what we are willing to pay or wage demands are excessive then, like any decent chairman, he's going to pull the plug.
When a player is in the building it tends to mean that transfer and wages are largely agreed already.

When a player is in the building it tends to mean that transfer and wages are largely agreed already.
Probably. But do you really think that Levy is going to let it get to that stage and go "nah, I don't think he's the right player for us" after putting in the work?
Webb said he wasn't privy to the reasons that the deals collapsed. It's just as likely to be someone moving the goalposts and Levy putting an end to it or the player backing out as anything else.

Just the perfect talkback radio segment. Interview with a random guy no one has ever heard of before, apparently high up in recruitment. Says stuff that Levy-out people will absolutely eat up but with enough vagueness that those on the other side can retort. Boom the switchboard has lit up.

Probably. But do you really think that Levy is going to let it get to that stage and go "nah, I don't think he's the right player for us" after putting in the work?
Webb said he wasn't privy to the reasons that the deals collapsed. It's just as likely to be someone moving the goalposts and Levy putting an end to it or the player backing out as anything else.
Wouldn't be the first time an agent has attempted to line their pockets even further at the last minute.

Back