• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

It is not such a thing anymore, with companies moving towards target ads on social media. The Hammers don't have a sponsor for their iconic olympic stadium etc. We probably will get a sponsor one day as part of some day as we have the US connection, where stadium naming seems to still be a thing. But if someone is only willing to pay £5 a year you just wouldn't bother selling the rights. That is where we are now.

Add Covid and a global financial crisis in the 4 years we are open (the pre opening has nothing to do with it as no one brand a stadium being built)

I would imagine they could have taken money from a brand and struck a deal for moneys sake but I know for a fact they are looking for a brand that aligns with the clubs interests and current commercial partners. All roads lead to America and alignment with them market off the back of the NFL and next moves. Todd Kline knows what he is doing, people want it today but I get why they are doing it

I can't think of anything I'd hate more than us becoming another money doped club, that would be it for me, I'd revoke my fandom, it would be the same if ENIC started pumping money in, I'd need to feel we had earned success, not bought it, there is no achievement there, City, Chelsea, its hollow, worthless, and you can tell when you talk to their fans that they know it, whatever they say, you can see it in their eyes.

They pumped money in last summer. As did arsenal, as did west ham, as did forest...

Add Covid and a global financial crisis in the 4 years we are open (the pre opening has nothing to do with it as no one brand a stadium being built)

I would imagine they could have taken money from a brand and struck a deal for moneys sake but I know for a fact they are looking for a brand that aligns with the clubs interests and current commercial partners. All roads lead to America and alignment with them market off the back of the NFL and next moves. Todd Kline knows what he is doing, people want it today but I get why they are doing it

Was thinking maybe they were holding off for esl. Or a sale or both. Would be worth a lot more.

They pumped money in last summer. As did arsenal, as did west ham, as did forest...

I don't feel like we crossed a line, we didn't do anything outrageous (like Chelsea lately), we made smart signings for reasonable prices and had to lose players I wanted to keep to balance it.

I wouldn't classify it as pumping.

I don't feel like we crossed a line, we didn't do anything outrageous (like Chelsea lately), we made smart signings for reasonable prices and had to lose players I wanted to keep to balance it.

I wouldn't classify it as pumping.

Neither would i. We were well within ffp limits. But so are Saudi Sportswashing Machine at the moment. Chelsea seem to be, even if they are stretching it enough for uefa to change the rules. They need changing further though cause u21's don't count towards ffp. So you could spend £1bn on a load of 20 year olds and be fine. Although the new rules might cover it, as their amortisation will still be there when they hit 21(not too sure).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/business/50-biggest-companies-coronavirus-layoffs/
lots of american companies have made a lot of money through the pandemic. even more globally.

lack of sponsors for what is touted as the world's best and most advanced and well utilised multisport stadium is a good question. Surely a case of overvaluation as the wealth is growing with the top 1% even through the pandemic.

What I think ENIC doesn't understand is that people like WINNERS and there is a hefty premium for that feel good factor.

One can argue that the THFC stadium is one of the most attended, but the loser tag that we have straight away discounts us from the value of the top teams that Levy probably ambitions for.

Fans may be in it for the cycle of false dawns and THFC may profit from the volatility of hope and despair, but sponsors only want to back winners.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/business/50-biggest-companies-coronavirus-layoffs/
lots of american companies have made a lot of money through the pandemic. even more globally.

lack of sponsors for what is touted as the world's best and most advanced and well utilised multisport stadium is a good question. Surely a case of overvaluation as the wealth is growing with the top 1% even through the pandemic.

What I think ENIC doesn't understand is that people like WINNERS and there is a hefty premium for that feel good factor.

One can argue that the THFC stadium is one of the most attended, but the loser tag that we have straight away discounts us from the value of the top teams that Levy probably ambitions for.

Fans may be in it for the cycle of false dawns and THFC may profit from the volatility of hope and despair, but sponsors only want to back winners.
A list of current stadium sponsors that you can have a look at and the vast majority of them won't be winners.
List of sponsored sports venues - Wikipedia
So no, sponsors don't want to back winners, they want a stadium that maximises their exposure and our stadium would do that.

It's because most of those players are going to be useful to any manager, Potter or another, nearly all of them being top-end players or top talents.

Boehly's building a gigantic all-star squad and then letting the manager make it all work - while it isn't necessarily backing the manager, it's the ambitious decisiveness of it that shocks a lot of us. And I'd wager Conte would probably prefer Boehly's approach to whatever brick we've pulled so far in his tenure.

We have spent 25 days haggling over 50p for Pedro Porro - Chelsea have signed 500 players with consummate ease. Yet people still trot out the 'it's hard to sign players in Jan' argument (or just generally 'it's hard to sign players' ) to defend our owners.

It isn't hard to sign players in general, just hard for *ENIC* to sign players. And the difference is what people notice. I think it's pretty valid.
Chelsea fans keep singing for Roman Abramovich at games....there's people even in different levels to you regarding expected owner behaviour!...where will the self deserving, inflated expectations end!??

Last edited:
I'm not sure I get your point, mate. Chelsea fans have enjoyed an incredible two decades beyond anything Tottenham Hotspur has experienced in its 140-year history, under an owner who gave them 20 years of happiness at no cost to them.
They are everything we could have been with different owners. Everything Chelsea do sticks in Spurs' fans craws because they are what we could have been, once - not even hypothetically, because both Abramovich and Boehly approached ENIC to buy us but were told to sod off by owners who couldn't hold a candle to either in terms of what they could give Spurs fans.

So, are Spurs fans supposed to feel grateful for ENIC because of the years Chelsea don't win anything, while ignoring the truckload of silverware they *do* regularly, continuously win, compared to our...nothing?
If you're ok sucking evil oligarch dingdong?

Each to their own.

This reframing of our years under ENIC as a 23 year long grind is pure BS @DubaiSpur - granted it has been poor since we have moved in to the stadium but prior to that and the few years leading up to the Arnesen DoF restructuring it has for the most part been some of the best years to be following Spurs wrt consistent top end football - the Redknapp & Poch years in particular being in the top 4 spells for league performance in our history (early 60s and late 80s (iirc) being the other two) the Jol years up there not far behind i would imagine (someone over on TFC done a post showing the above to be factually correct btw) and there's no way over those years anyone following Spurs found it a drag or a grind

This essentially for me too.

No doubt expensive mistakes have been made. Signings, managers, who have been trusted to decide on signings. When those happen there's a setback, this happens at every club. There's a period of "grind".

But there's an upwards trajectory to be seen here.

No doubt an owner that would be willing to pump endless money into the club would make things easier. It's fair to want that. We want different things for this club.

It feels to me like most of the ENIC argument boils down to:

- ENIC out: Trophies are all that matters, and the only way to win them is to spend at least as much money as the other top clubs > ENIC won't invest their own money, so I want them out and replaced with owners who will invest lots of their own money.

- ENIC stay: Trophies are nice, but not the only important thing, and it feels like soulless cheating to have success just by spending more money than everyone else via your owners > so as long as we're spending all our profit on players and competing at or above our means (5th-6th richest team in league), I don't want the owners out. (Even though of course I'd love for us to be competing for titles and Champions Leagues).

I'm in the latter camp, but I can understand why people would be in the former (because we value different things). The only thing I find irritating is when I detect an sense of entitlement underpinning the ENIC-out crowd (which is endemic in fans of most clubs, I think).

Last edited:
A list of current stadium sponsors that you can have a look at and the vast majority of them won't be winners.
List of sponsored sports venues - Wikipedia
So no, sponsors don't want to back winners, they want a stadium that maximises their exposure and our stadium would do that.

maybe you misread my post.

but to take it from your point of view: how much do you think those stadium sponsorships went for and do you think there is a correlation between the size of the sponsorship and the success of the clubs of those stadiums?

but to take it from your point of view: how much do you think those stadium sponsorships went for and do you think there is a correlation between the size of the sponsorship and the success of the clubs of those stadiums?
I'm sure they all have different sponsorship deals, because, you know different sports, different sizes, different size of audience for tv etc.

The success of the club is only one part of any deal. Old Trafford would get a big sponsorship deal due to it's worldwide fan base not because of how successful it's been recently.

We've a unique stadium in the variety of events it holds and therefore the size of the audience and exposure for any sponsor. No other stadium holds premier league, NFL, rugby, world boxing championships, concerts and more regularly. So it's not really comparable to any other deal.

Don’t think it relates
Sofi was the biggest deal in the world for two average NFL sides
Luckily one did win the Super Bowl but that had little to do with the sponsors

For something of this nature if does not work that way because in marketing and PR you pay for exposure. The fact that our stadium has something happening more than the usual 20 odd games a year, including sports with millions of reach such as NFL, Boxing and Rugby, along with the concerts means sponsors get more bang for their buck in more markets (US, UK, Europe, Middle East) than our rivals.

If you are talking shirts etc then yeh, the more success the more the premium because of brand recognition and likelihood that team will be watched more and appear on TV more, but even compared to the best of the best the Tottenham Stadium name will be mentioned more times per year than just about any stadium in the world bar something like Yankee Stadium

Despite the negativity surrounding the lack of deal, which in truth, from most, is a reason to bash Enic again, not many prem clubs have stadium naming deals

Last edited:
I'm sure they all have different sponsorship deals, because, you know different sports, different sizes, different size of audience for tv etc.

The success of the club is only one part of any deal. Old Trafford would get a big sponsorship deal due to it's worldwide fan base not because of how successful it's been recently.

We've a unique stadium in the variety of events it holds and therefore the size of the audience and exposure for any sponsor. No other stadium holds premier league, NFL, rugby, world boxing championships, concerts and more regularly. So it's not really comparable to any other deal.

Top ten sponsor deals in epl, not suprisingly, undoubtedly huge success on the pitch and huge deals:
https://sportsbrowser.net/richest-sponsorship-deals-of-soccer/

richest-sponsorship-deals-in-soccer-infographics.png

i think success figures heavily in sponsorship deals.

Despite the negativity surrounding the lack of deal, which in truth, from most, is a reason to bash Enic again, not many prem clubs have stadium naming deals

we certainly need the funds to strengthen key positions to stay in CL next season.

Found a quote from Levy:

Speaking in 2019, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy said there would only be a naming rights deal “if we get the right brand, in the right sector, on the right money.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robert...siness-for-tottenham-hotspur/?sh=28a9bc7d376b

right brand v right sector v right money... will be interesting to know how Levy rates these in relative importance to each other

Back