• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Didn't say that? I dunno if he does or doesn't want him, but I 100% guarantee that he wants nothing to do with Djed Spence, and it's him I was referring to.

The problem with Porro is we are 25 days into begging Sporting to lower their demands and being told to just pay the clause each time, and we will continue haggling like this until deadline day.

If Boehly was our chairman, he'd be in on 1st Jan. That's the difference.

See my edit to the post you quoted for response to this post as i think it covers it.

You mean Beohly who buys players his manager 'doesn't want' as well? At least try and be consistent

See my edit to the post you quoted for response to this post as i think it covers it.

You mean Beohly who buys players his manager 'doesn't want' as well? At least try and be consistent
I think it’s fair to say that we seemed to have plateaued under ENIC as a top 6 side that occasionally breaks into the top 4. The second place finish was due to an outstanding manager getting his team to perform better than its individual parts. We have never looked close to coming 2nd place since. It is also fair to say that many of us fans want more than that. It’s especially heartbreaking to watch Arsenal, who since Poch’s second season have finished below us, look likely to win the league this season.

That's a position i can't really hold against you, if your position is you want/wanted an owner to pump in the finance to have us circumvent the years we took to catch up the big clubs then that's your right - i judge them on the club being run in a self sustaining manner, I don't see the point in resenting them for not being an Abramovich or Mansour. That said we are now able to and are investing in the team at the levels most people want to see - so why does it matter wrt our future progress that they didn't pump that personal money in previously? We now can spend competitively so why not see where it takes us?

And at the end of the day, thats where Levy and Enic have been consistent, they have said all along their aim was to make sure that investment was consistent through club made revenue in order not to have to worry about the need for 3rd party investment which, if you are being honest is sensible but sensible maybe does not quench the thirst. Roman although hugely successful was laundering his money through the club and putting it in as debt not the gift everyone said he was, it was their fans on tele crying when he left because there was a real threat held above the club but importantly in order to continue their trend they needed another cash daddy which is fine, but relying on the hope you attract rich owner after rich owner to sustain rather than your own revenue is not a long term plan in my opinion. What guarantees do City have that they will get another owner willing to inject dodgy commercial money in which currently inflates their commercial revenue? At least the Saudi Sportswashing Machine owners were honest and said their club was a cheap way to enter the UK game to access the vast amounts of TV money

Not winning trophies in not a 'grind' grind refers to an overall direction/plateau in performance in my mind, seems to me what you're actually trying to do is dress moaning about a lack of trophies up as something more, maybe because the truth can be answered by our financial position for the majority of that time and the changing football landscape post Sky/CL money, we all know the trophy situation is poor and is certainly a failing of the club, but context is important and it's unlikely going forward that it won't be addressed because as my other post highlights we're actually able to invest and in fact are investing at a comparable rate to the top sides now - you and others are just not prepared to give the club the time to see where the spending takes us. 3-4 years, no instant return = throw in the towel basically.

How many more years do you think it would be reasonable to give them before the “Levy out” chants are no longer considered knee jerk?

How many more years do you think it would be reasonable to give them before the “Levy out” chants are no longer considered knee jerk?

I always say to myself I am willing to see 5 years in the new stadium, I think thats balanced and reasonable based on the promises made, if that does not translate to a sustained consistent outlook then I would agree the platform they built plus extra investment is needed

I also think fans need to take abit more stock this side, regardless of arguments on quality should never have given up 2-0 to NF in the EFL which would have seen Blackburn and Wolves to make a semi final, lots of if buts and maybes in that statement I know but topical given todays and tomorrows fixtures, thats not on Enic, echos of Colchesters and Grimsby games there

Last edited:
I think it’s fair to say that we seemed to have plateaued under ENIC as a top 6 side that occasionally breaks into the top 4. The second place finish was due to an outstanding manager getting his team to perform better than its individual parts. We have never looked close to coming 2nd place since. It is also fair to say that many of us fans want more than that. It’s especially heartbreaking to watch Arsenal, who since Poch’s second season have finished below us, look likely to win the league this season.

Yeah right now post stadium move we are in a bad place but i think that the context of the squad needing to be rebuilt needs to be taken in to account here - the squad is being rebuilt, we can argue about where blame lays for that all day & night but it is what it is, it's happened/it's the situation and we need to get through it - what we are doing now is investing the levels of money people want to see us invest in order to do so, surely we have to accept that with rebuilding will come some pain? to paraphrase a great manager of ours ;)

How many years do you think is fair to go through a squad rebuild and then push on from there?

I'm not writing off our ability to push on and challenge because it has failed to materialise after 3 or 4 years of spending, especially when a couple of those years were overseen by Hitchen, which is an era that was an unmitigated disaster - Paratici joining is a fair starting point, we're 2 years in and i can see good work taking place wrt turning the squad around - i think we should expect to see further work here by the time the summer window closes and then the squad should hopefully be in a much better shape and i would expect to start to see progress on the pitch, mainly just seeing the team start to gel with the managers wants/needs and more consistent performances and results. We'll then be in a position to stsrt adding quality to the team as our need for a high number of players coming in will have reduced and we can focus our spending on a higher costing individuals who in theory should be higher quality players. At this point i think we should be looking to challenge

It's because most of those players are going to be useful to any manager, Potter or another, nearly all of them being top-end players or top talents.

Boehly's building a gigantic all-star squad and then letting the manager make it all work - while it isn't necessarily backing the manager, it's the ambitious decisiveness of it that shocks a lot of us. And I'd wager Conte would probably prefer Boehly's approach to whatever brick we've pulled so far in his tenure.

We have spent 25 days haggling over 50p for Pedro Porro - Chelsea have signed 500 players with consummate ease. Yet people still trot out the 'it's hard to sign players in Jan' argument (or just generally 'it's hard to sign players' ) to defend our owners.

It isn't hard to sign players in general, just hard for *ENIC* to sign players. And the difference is what people notice. I think it's pretty valid.

yeah I heard Conte loves it when people buy players he doesn’t want and ignore those that he does want.

he gets a semi thinking about it, that’s what I heard.

How many years do you think is fair to go through a squad rebuild and then push on from there?

I'm not writing off our ability to push on and challenge because it has failed to materialise after 3 or 4 years of spending, especially when a couple of those years were overseen by Hitchen, which is an era that was an unmitigated disaster - Paratici joining is a fair starting point, we're 2 years in and i can see good work taking place wrt turning the squad around - i think we should expect to see further work here by the time the summer window closes and then the squad should hopefully be in a much better shape and i would expect to start to see progress on the pitch, mainly just seeing the team start to gel with the managers wants/needs and more consistent performances and results. We'll then be in a position to stsrt adding quality to the team as our need for a high number of players coming in will have reduced and we can focus our spending on a higher costing individuals who in theory should be higher quality players. At this point i think we should be looking to challenge

I just find it strange that a lot of fans seem almost unwilling to put any kind of timeframe on ENIC’s reign or even since we moved back into WHL. A good example being the naming rights or lack of them. 4 years since we moved back in and still no sponsorship. To his credit @Grays_1890 has said 5 years after moving into the stadium which I feel is reasonable, but he’s the only one I’ve seen. Almost like some of the staunch pro ENIC posters have unlimited patience.

Hence, get them out and get owners in who are capable of backing a sustained push for trophies

you do realise that we don’t get to choose our owners right?

If the ‘Levy out’ Geniuses get their way and Levy says tomorrow I don’t need this brick, fudge it the clubs for sale for offers above £3.5b then we are more likely to be sold to someone like the Glazier or a consortium lead by someone like Mike Ashley then we are to be brought by a sugar Daddy or country of Sugar Daddies.

why more likely… simply on the balance of possibilities.

what would you do if that happens?

this brick reminds me so much of Brexit it’s actually disturbing

I just find it strange that a lot of fans seem almost unwilling to put any kind of timeframe on ENIC’s reign or even since we moved back into WHL. A good example being the naming rights or lack of them. 4 years since we moved back in and still no sponsorship. To his credit @Grays_1890 has said 5 years after moving into the stadium which I feel is reasonable, but he’s the only one I’ve seen. Almost like some of the staunch pro ENIC posters have unlimited patience.

I've given you a timeframe within my post? How about you answer mine in return...

Considering people are organising protests at the owners and whipping up a storm off the back of our current position (in the CL and probably looking at a year out next year) less than 4 years in to the new stadium do you think that is a fair position for people to be taking? That essentially says to me that the bar was set at instant success for a lot of people once we moved in.

I've given you a timeframe within my post? How about you answer mine in return...

Considering people are organising protests at the owners and whipping up a storm off the back of our current position (in the CL and probably looking at a year out next year) less than 4 years in to the new stadium do you think that is a fair position for people to be taking? That essentially says to me that the bar was set at instant success for a lot of people once we moved in.

If you take the view that they need more time post stadium move then yes. But some fans take the view that they’ve had 23 years in total and they’ve had enough. I’ve never really felt strongly enough to protest about it but I understand why some have decided enough is enough.

I can't think of anything I'd hate more than us becoming another money doped club, that would be it for me, I'd revoke my fandom, it would be the same if ENIC started pumping money in, I'd need to feel we had earned success, not bought it, there is no achievement there, City, Chelsea, its hollow, worthless, and you can tell when you talk to their fans that they know it, whatever they say, you can see it in their eyes.

If you take the view that they need more time post stadium move then yes. But some fans take the view that they’ve had 23 years in total and they’ve had enough. I’ve never really felt strongly enough to protest about it but I understand why some have decided enough is enough.

You still haven't answered my question - what's your timeframe for going through the rebuild and then pushing on from there to challenge?

I see little point in holding the pre stadium-move years against them when, for better or worse, the club is run sustainablly and now despite those constraints we are able to spend at a competitive level. In fact i will go one further and say it is wholly unreasonable to not seperare the pre and post stadium eras- we can and are spending money, if you are a even-minded person you should be able to see that the biggest hurdle to success has been greatly lowered and we need to judge from this point onward.

This next couple of weeks will be key. And I'm not confident that Levy will change his modus operandi. Paratici being in trouble with the law doesn't help. The clear signal of Conte support would have been to splash the case big time EARLY in the window - we all know what a tough January we had in store. But here we are Jan 24 stealing a loan deal from Everton and haggling over Porro.
So we had a cash injection so we could buy early before selling in the summer, but then we didn't end up selling, so I wonder if we are now back to sell to buy?
Also, City fans booing at half time in our match proves that the idiots in any fan base will never be happy regardless how how much is invested.

You still haven't answered my question - what's your timeframe for going through the rebuild and then pushing on from there to challenge?

I see little point in holding the pre stadium-move years against them when, for better or worse, the club is run sustainablly and now despite those constraints we are able to spend at a competitive level. In fact i will go one further and say it is wholly unreasonable to not seperare the pre and post stadium eras- we can and are spending money, if you are a even-minded person you should be able to see that the biggest hurdle to success has been greatly lowered and we need to judge from this point onward.

I’m already at the point where I’d like new owners. I’m not going to start chanting Levy out, I’ll support the club and the team whoever is in charge.

It's been nearly 4 years since we opened the new stadium and at least 7 years since planning permission was approved.
Why have we still not got a stadium sponsor?

It is not such a thing anymore, with companies moving towards target ads on social media. The Hammers don't have a sponsor for their iconic olympic stadium etc. We probably will get a sponsor one day as we have the US connection, where stadium naming seems to still be a thing. But if someone is only willing to pay £5 a year you just wouldn't bother selling the rights. That is where we are now.

Last edited:
Back