• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Agree on both
But I don’t see them happening soon and anyone putting £3B upwards is looking at quicker returns IMO
I'm not sure many of those buying a football team are looking for a return at all. I think they are often instead looking to own one for the prestige of it. In saying that though, people were saying exactly the same several years ago and the market for the top clubs has proved them wrong.

I'm not sure many of those buying a football team are looking for a return at all. I think they are often instead looking to own one for the prestige of it. In saying that though, people were saying exactly the same several years ago and the market for the top clubs has proved them wrong.
It’s a false market though
You wouldn’t value any business the way clubs are valued other than maybe some dot com types
But it’s demand and supply
The issue any new owner is gonna have is the prem voting rights which is a good thing IMO

Think they were. But now the russians are sanctioned. The ccp have told the chinese to withdraw investment. The arabs probably won't go against the saudis and uae.

Narrows the options.

How can you be sure spurs isn't up for sale?
Because if Lewis was actively looking to sell it would be in the news like with Liverpool and Utd.
That doesn't mean that someone couldn't come in with a bid that Lewis would accept, but it's much more unlikely if he isn't actively looking to sell.

Still no sign of the accounts. Wonder if the change of persons of significant control has a bearing on a delay of them being published.

Still no sign of the accounts. Wonder if the change of persons of significant control has a bearing on a delay of them being published.

The last couple were released in november but there is no obligation to do so. Think they have something like 9 months to release them.

The reason could be a number of things. We have the new uefa ffp rules which will measure clubs finances from jan to dec (so they can issue punishments before the next season). Not sure that would have any bearing, but there must be a reason. You may well be correct.

The last couple were released in november but there is no obligation to do so. Think they have something like 9 months to release them.

The reason could be a number of things. We have the new uefa ffp rules which will measure clubs finances from jan to dec (so they can issue punishments before the next season). Not sure that would have any bearing, but there must be a reason. You may well be correct.

Yeah after I posted I looked at companies house which seems to mention March for the accounts. Which did make me think if you are trying to negotiate transfer in January or negotiate a contract extension with anyone why would you want to publish before then.

Yeah after I posted I looked at companies house which seems to mention March for the accounts. Which did make me think if you are trying to negotiate transfer in January or negotiate a contract extension with anyone why would you want to publish before then.

Or (wishful thinking on my part) might be close to a naming rights deal that they want to include when releasing.

Dunno.

When Spurs do release their accounts, I'm super hopeful we will begin to see the fruits of all of our hard work i.e. being frugal whilst managing to make CL and EL money whilst transforming the club, the training ground and the stadium. An epic effort.

& hopefully someone will do a comparison to the Goons, who seem to be spending rather a lot of money and posting losses... very frustrating that they seem nailed on for CL this year.

When Spurs do release their accounts, I'm super hopeful we will begin to see the fruits of all of our hard work i.e. being frugal whilst managing to make CL and EL money whilst transforming the club, the training ground and the stadium. An epic effort.

& hopefully someone will do a comparison to the Goons, who seem to be spending rather a lot of money and posting losses... very frustrating that they seem nailed on for CL this year.

Conference league money in these accounts. Which i'm guessing isn't much.

Because if Lewis was actively looking to sell it would be in the news like with Liverpool and Utd.
That doesn't mean that someone couldn't come in with a bid that Lewis would accept, but it's much more unlikely if he isn't actively looking to sell.

Sometimes big deals are done behind closed doors.

Anyhow property mogul and spurs fan Jonathan Goldstein thought it better to be part of Boehly's consortium to buy Chelsea...
https://theprideoflondon.com/2022/0...-ownership-insight-todd-boehlys-consortium/3/

Seems like Goldstein has direct contact with Enic about financing the stadium
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...Todd-Boehly-Hansjorg-Wyss-led-consortium.html

How is Chelsea that much more attractive than Spurs with our new stadium and all?

Anyhow property mogul and spurs fan Jonathan Goldstein thought it better to be part of Boehly's consortium to buy Chelsea...
https://theprideoflondon.com/2022/0...-ownership-insight-todd-boehlys-consortium/3/

Are they that much more attractive than Spurs with our new stadium and all?
You'd think you would get a discount on a club that has still to go thru the whole ball ache and cost of building a new stadium...but apparently not?

Chelsea's sale price did seem toppy...but the must see something there?

You'd think you would get a discount on a club that has still to go thru the whole ball ache and cost of building a new stadium...but apparently not?

Chelsea's sale price did seem toppy...but the must see something there?

Chelsea were probably overpriced. People presume that high finance and buying companies is somehow a sophisticated process. But is just as prone to the same psychology as someone buying a car. When HP bought Autonomy, another ENIC company, they overpaid many billions. They tried to go to court to undo it, but lost. They simply overpaid. The publicity and the nature of the Chelsea sale alerted the world. It was one of those that grabs attention and is publicised through the news. Seen as a "fire sale" there was little doubt at the time, it wasn't a really great deal at all. The sales of United and Pool are trying to ride off the back of chelsea's valuation. If Chelsea were valued now, independently, even adding a billion on for their prestige and attraction to middle-eastern money, I don't think they would get close to what was paid.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...Todd-Boehly-Hansjorg-Wyss-led-consortium.html

How is Chelsea that much more attractive than Spurs with our new stadium and all?
Goldstein thought it be better to be part of Boehly's consortium than what? Try and buy Tottenham?
So he thought it be better to buy something that is being actively sold than something which is not for sale?
How does that make Chelsea more attractive than Spurs?
You really come up with some BS at times to try on tinkle on anything Spurs.

As with cain hoy any bid for the club they'd have to inform the shareholders. It wouldn't be kept quiet.

Chelsea were probably overpriced. People presume that high finance and buying companies is somehow a sophisticated process. But is just as prone to the same psychology as someone buying a car. When HP bought Autonomy, another ENIC company, they overpaid many billions. They tried to go to court to undo it, but lost. They simply overpaid. The publicity and the nature of the Chelsea sale alerted the world. It was one of those that grabs attention and is publicised through the news. Seen as a "fire sale" there was little doubt at the time, it wasn't a really great deal at all. The sales of United and Pool are trying to ride off the back of chelsea's valuation. If Chelsea were valued now, independently, even adding a billion on for their prestige and attraction to middle-eastern money, I don't think they would get close to what was paid.
A 'fire sale' usually leads to getting something at a bargain price?

HP didn't 'simply overpay' ...various illegal accounting practices from the Autonomy hierarchy led to false numbers that ramped the price up. This has been proven in court and people prosecuted.

Obviously, ENIC had long disposed of Autonomy before this all happened.

Goldstein thought it be better to be part of Boehly's consortium than what? Try and buy Tottenham?
So he thought it be better to buy something that is being actively sold than something which is not for sale?
How does that make Chelsea more attractive than Spurs?
You really come up with some BS at times to try on tinkle on anything Spurs.

i'm not tinkling on the club. i am trying to understand why boehly bought chelsea instead of spurs.

how do you know for sure spurs is not for sale - a quick google search will show otherwise with the athletic, ally gold and other major sports outlest here and in the us.

also this - https://www.footballtransfertavern....el-levy-lilywhites-latest-thfc-takeover-news/

Back