• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Thing is we could easily have no trophies and no prospects either, you’d prefer we didn’t have long term revenue that’s put back into the club?

There are so many other clubs who’ve broken through to the elite?

A lot of fans need a reality check and should be putting their energies into lobbying for stronger controls on financial doping.

Love it, not even FIFA can control FFP, they investigate, make a decision, lawyers get involved and then back track.

It's so easy for clubs like PSG, Emirates Marketing Project, and Chelsea to spend enough to stay ahead of the curve, they just amass silly inflated sponsorship deals from parent companies

Love it, not even FIFA can control FFP, they investigate, make a decision, lawyers get involved and then back track.

It's so easy for clubs like PSG, Emirates Marketing Project, and Chelsea to spend enough to stay ahead of the curve, they just amass silly inflated sponsorship deals from parent companies

Yet the likes of @DubaiSpur Put all their frustration at the door of our owners who are not amazing, not terrible, just decent. What ENIC have done is given us a little leg up with increased revenue. We’ve narrowed the financial gap but the gap is still there. What I find amazing is the hours and hours on bitching from DubaiSpurs and others. They are not doing anything positive for Spurs. Not even directing their energies towards the real problem - oil money - they are just armchair critiques which are off the mark.

Yet the likes of @DubaiSpur Put all their frustration at the door of our owners who are not amazing, not terrible, just decent. What ENIC have done is given us a little leg up with increased revenue. We’ve narrowed the financial gap but the gap is still there. What I find amazing is the hours and hours on bitching from DubaiSpurs and others. They are not doing anything positive for Spurs. Not even directing their energies towards the real problem - oil money - they are just armchair critiques which are off the mark.

He is entitled to his opinion mate as you are yours. Some bitch at the owners, some the chairman, some the players, some the ticket prices ... its all part of the package.

I find the confidence that a new owner/chairman will be better than what we have strange.

There seems to be some fans that think we've been run terribly under Levy and somehow improved despite Levy (and despite two teams with massive financial investment to add to the polarizing effect at the top from CL and other things).

Most of the critics of Levy though at least see the clear positives, see him as decent, average at the very least overall.

A new owner and chairman is at best a roll of the dice. Can only hope when a sale happens Levy and Lewis have the best interests of the club in their thinking.

I find the confidence that a new owner/chairman will be better than what we have strange.

There seems to be some fans that think we've been run terribly under Levy and somehow improved despite Levy (and despite two teams with massive financial investment to add to the polarizing effect at the top from CL and other things).

Most of the critics of Levy though at least see the clear positives, see him as decent, average at the very least overall.

A new owner and chairman is at best a roll of the dice. Can only hope when a sale happens Levy and Lewis have the best interests of the club in their thinking.

I think Levy has done great to get the club to where it is, but due to his means of operating I think he's been at the club for too long and it's time for new owners to build on a solid platform built by Levy.

His philosophy of matters on the pitch have generally been a let down, off the pitch amazing.

He is entitled to his opinion mate as you are yours. Some bitch at the owners, some the chairman, some the players, some the ticket prices ... its all part of the package.

I didn't say he wasn't entitled to an opinion. The point is, all that intelligence and application directed into a wasted space. When it could be targeted at the genuine problem - unfairness in sport with oil-doped clubs hoovering up most trophies. Instead of trying to hound people who work daily to try to elevate Spurs, why not do something positive themselves like setup a petition, or an argument/movement against the oil dopped clubs? I just find negativity which is not constructive a total waste. Especially when it's misdirected.

You're 100% correct, he is entitled to his opinion.
I would argue though he is not entitled to insult them.
Grifter and deadweight are not justified.

Reactions: DTA
Moaning about owners is endemic in "football fans", clubs who have years of CL money like Liverpool, United and Woolwich have spent years moaning about their owners and new money Chelsea and City sit comfortable with their ignore the rules owners. Some of our fans appear not to be interested in football rather winning things at all cost with someone else's money no matter what it take. One thing for sure there will be moaning what ever happens.

Moaning about owners is endemic in "football fans", clubs who have years of CL money like Liverpool, United and Woolwich have spent years moaning about their owners and new money Chelsea and City sit comfortable with their ignore the rules owners. Some of our fans appear not to be interested in football rather winning things at all cost with someone else's money no matter what it take. One thing for sure there will be moaning what ever happens.

So we are moaning about moaning?

I am not an armchair critic
I have had a season ticket since 1991 first with my dad and sister, then with friends and now with my son

I’ve been to watch spurs in five finals (including the champions league final), two of which we have won

Nine semi finals by my count( including champions league and excluding league cups) one of which we have won( against Ajax)

I’ve travelled up from uni in Southampton to watch us lose a third round cup tie against Saudi Sportswashing Machine 6-1 under George Graham I think?

I am well within my rights to criticise ENIC who fail to show me any coherent strategy to help us real the glass ceiling, you may think they are decent, I don’t.
I think they see a loyal fan base and a decent money making vehicle for themselves.

Portraying the real problem as Oil Money just simplifies everything, we would have won it all if Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour hadn’t turned up!

Yet they still continue to charge the same sky high ticket prices whilst our stock falls lower.

tbh I would rather you be right about ENIC but I fail to see any substance in your argument against the hard evidence of the team’s achievements under ENIC over a 21 year period.

But you go on criticising other fans for having an opinion that may differ from yours

I think a little balance is needed at times in our views but it's all good to have both and all sides of the fence.

I for one think Levy and Enic have done a great job off the field in building the club, as is their priority to fatten the goose ready to flog at the highest price. Hence their main focus.

Meanwhile their shortcomings for matters on the pitch leave much to be desired, but again it highlights that it's not really their main focus in winning trophies, which I feel it should be, being a football club.

Under their tenure, we will never be successful on the pitch and the results show that.

It's great for them to sell the club, having built it up for someone else to invest on the pitch as required, as everything else is now in place.

Unless they change their strategy for the footballing matters i just can't see how the last 20 years strategy will pay off unless we get super lucky. And I'm afraid I feel ENIC are happy riding the money hoping to get lucky once in a while.

What an utterly bizarre statement.
So being critical of the owners equates having to buy the club

Erm yeah?

There is being critical and there is being toxic… you are being toxic.

plus you know…

You don’t like something that bad,do something tangible about it - raise the money and buy the club.

Come now mate - now it's you being unreasonable. If this somewhat strange standard of behaviour were universally applied, then the next time you criticise a player, expect the response to be 'well pull on your boots and go do it better'.

These owners are lying deadweights, and making it as uncomfortable for them as possible is within our control. Can we, the fans, single-handedly force them to sell? Unfortunately, no. Can we speed it up by showing them how much they're not wanted? Definitely, and I think fans often underrate themselves there. You have power to change the club, even now. And I think the time's long past due that these grinding deadweights were moved out of Spurs, before another 20 years like the last 20.

As for fans owning the club, I wish. Theoretically, if someone were to start a fund (handled by a third party) for Spurs fans to buy out or at least offer to buy out some equity in the club, to have at least some of the club back in the hands of people who actually give a damn about Tottenham Hotspur (i.e, not Dan Levy, not Joe Lewis)...would you join that sort of fund? Just curious about the viability of it.

i think Daniel does care about the club, you don’t dedicate 20 years to something where you had the connections and talent to make more money elsewhere unless you care.

if their was a fund to buy some equity in the club I would probably put some money in, but if it was going to be substantial… I would want to ensure that Daniel stays on as part of my decision to invest.

There is being critical and there is being toxic… you are being toxic.

plus you know…

You don’t like something that bad,do something tangible about it - raise the money and buy the club.
I am toxic because I am criticising the owners because I believe they have reached their glass ceiling on a spurs forum.

you need to review the way you see the world mate if that’s toxic to you

I am toxic because I am criticising the owners because I believe they have reached their glass ceiling on a spurs forum.

you need to review the way you see the world mate if that’s toxic to you

wasn’t it you that posted the

“organic growth” song???

hardly constructive criticism is it?

Like I said toxic.

For me, the end-game in terms of my support for ENIC (or maybe my tolerance would be a better term - I 'support' my club) starts now I think. We are the other side of covid, and I really believe we need to see a good two years of the new stadium in action to see how the football club benefits. This is what was supposed to help elevate us, so let's give it a chance to produce, in my view. We do need to get that naming rights deal in place, as that will relieve some of the debt repayment obligations.
To go through all the years of frugality with the stadium build, to throw everything out now, feels wrong to me. If at the end of that period it does not feel* that we are in a better position then I will find it harder to justify the current set-up.
*Admittedly at this stage I don't know quite what my criteria would be to make that judgement.

I also agree with the post from @DTA that came in whilst I was typing this one - I do believe that Levy wants footballing success for the club, but he does have a very cautious approach to achieving it, and I don't think his MO is going to change significantly. Not necessarily a bad thing but this is why I am putting faith in the next couple of years to bring about the security in the club finances/revenues that will allow us to improve, even within the confines of Levy's operating model.
As for Lewis, no, I don't think he particularly cares about footballing success at all.

So basically ENIC’s master plan is wait for all the other owners to get bored and then we will be in a cartel of four with United Arsenal and Liverpool

any timescales for this grand master plan?
Who said it was a master plan? It ensures the long term security of the club without any outside investment.
Is that not a good place to be in?

I know you want your trophy now and are only interested in a sugar daddy that can provide that, but there's only so many of them to go around...

Reactions: DTA
Back