• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

[QUOTE="RigorMortis, post: 1553301

I agree they are a bigger club and more successful but they were in a period of flux when we had Poch.

with football being an international game now we had the added advantage of being a london based club in the CL and could have pushed on, it’s that inertia that grates me.[/QUOTE]

That period of flux you are going on about was a lot less then the period of flux we have had over the years. My main point is that compering Liverpool to Spurs is a massive reach and does not do those who are doing so any real basis to do so. imo

Surprisingly good debates on GG of late.

Going back to these financially doped clubs, they have often referred to the owners as a "Play thing" and we sit here arms folded and proud, claiming that we would and should never be that ... but are we not Levy and Lewis' play thing? After all they are just playing the game to get as much money out of us when they sell vs owners that are willing to put in as much money required to win.

Lewis, no, it’s just a line on a spreadsheet, he isn’t doing anything so is neither playing or suffering.

I’m sure Levy is having a lovely time, he’s getting to try out his theory with live ammo, full autonomy, and he’s so so close.

Lewis, no, it’s just a line on a spreadsheet, he isn’t doing anything so is neither playing or suffering.

I’m sure Levy is having a lovely time, he’s getting to try out his theory with live ammo, full autonomy, and he’s so so close.

Thats my point, we are just a line on a spreadsheet of accumulating wealth for Joe and Danny vs owners who are involved and wish to have success by putting their money where there mouth is. Its depressing to think that Spurs fans have been lulled and hushed into accepting this.

Thats my point, we are just a line on a spreadsheet of accumulating wealth for Joe and Danny vs owners who are involved and wish to have success by putting their money where there mouth is. Its depressing to think that Spurs fans have been lulled and hushed into accepting this.
I don’t think fans have
I do think that there is an acceptance that unless someone buys the club we’re stuck with ENIC

[QUOTE="RigorMortis, post: 1553301

I agree they are a bigger club and more successful but they were in a period of flux when we had Poch.

with football being an international game now we had the added advantage of being a london based club in the CL and could have pushed on, it’s that inertia that grates me.

That period of flux you are going on about was a lot less then the period of flux we have had over the years. My main point is that compering Liverpool to Spurs is a massive reach and does not do those who are doing so any real basis to do so. imo[/QUOTE]
I don’t think it’s a reach at all
At times arsenal have been better than Liverpool
Leiscter have won a title

As for the hear and now, I don’t believe there was such a massive gap between us and Liverpool due to their historical superiority. It was more about owners who aren’t what most people term as sugar daddies.
In that regard Fenway have outperformed ENIC and I honestly believe that’s because they are better owners with a far clearer and coherent strategy than ENIC regardless of the historical gulf.

Remember they took Liverpool over in 2010 when there was a danger of them going into administration.

What’s he so close to?

Getting Little Mix and One Direction to reform and have a sing off at the stadium after he’s done with Guns n Roses and Lady Gaga?

well it’s that, or be used for sports washing by war criminals, or be asset stripped

pick your poison

Reactions: DTA
Leicester’s owners are doing both.

Who is Jack Walker?

A buisness man who bankrolled Blackburn to a title back in 1994 aftre taking control in the early 90's. However it was a different game in those days so to include it in comparison with todays game is a bit of a stretch to say the least.

A buisness man who bankrolled Blackburn to a title back in 1994 aftre taking control in the early 90's. However it was a different game in those days so to include it in comparison with todays game is a bit of a stretch to say the least.

Ah yes, Blackburn, thanks.

Just checked, they've not played continental football for fifteen years. They are not relevant.

Although, also sports washing, he fudged up British Steel to make the money that bankrolled their er... one league title and... absolutely nothing else, by the sounds of it.

Ah yes, Blackburn, thanks.

Just checked, they've not played continental football for fifteen years. They are not relevant.

Although, also sports washing, he fudged up British Steel to make the money that bankrolled their er... one league title and... absolutely nothing else, by the sounds of it.
Walker shows exactly what will happen to the likes of Leicester as soon as their owners get bored or can no longer afford to bankroll them.
Levy has laid the foundations so that we don't need to be bankrolled to be competitive. The only other clubs that are really in that position
are Utd and Liverpool and to a lesser extent Arsenal.

Don’t want to bring Brexit up… but this whole debate around Enic is starting to remind me of the Brexit debacle…

“I want those sunny uplands right now… and all we need is to get rid of Enic and those sunny uplands will magically appear”

Back