• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Energy Bills

Superhudd

Simon Davies
Please everyone do yourself a favour and get a fixed deal with one of the companies. On the SSE rise last week on Sunday me and the mrs did the comparethemarket jobby and decided to seek a new fixed rate deal and the search gave us a fixed deal for 2 years, our previous fixed deal was done two months back. Today British Gas is on the case and risen its charges by 10%. For the average home that is around £120 a year.

If you have an internet account you should have your yearly usage on the site. If you have a paper bill the usage will be on that. It took us around 10mins to gather the relevant information and then sign off on a new fixed deal using comparethemarket, I'd imagine all the compare sites are the same in terms of easiness.

Don't just sit there and let these companies rip you off.. Save yourself some moolar.

BTW Ed Milliband is a qunt. His rants about the energy companies has brought this new price rise **** on. Milliband is a qunt.

exactly, i'm amazed that no one in his party was smart enough to realise that this would happen

That's my problem with that lot. Either they're really ****ing stupid and don't understand economics or they're intentionally lying to us for political gain in a manner they know will cost us cash.

Either way it's a very good reason not to want him in charge of the country.

I cannot believe he is still Labour leader tbh.

Say there are 15m families having to now find £120 a year.

Milliband has possibly cost the people of this land £1.8 Billion

Milliband = QUNT

How anyone would vote for that shower of s hite is beyond me.

Last edited:
Whilst the Ed Miller Band may well be a ****, do you really think the annual energy cartel price hike wouldn't have happened anyway?

Whilst the Ed Miller Band may well be a ****, do you really think the annual energy cartel price hike wouldn't have happened anyway?

Doesn't matter. The guy is a dumb fcuk and gave them a perfect excuse to raise the prices. As said above, did they not have the IQ to think about what would happen, and do you want that shower of s hite running the country considering the damage that party did last time. Jeeeesus! :ross:

thats kind of irrelevant, you can't threaten private companies like that, its for the market to decide energy prices not the government

after his comments they had no option but to respond the way they have, anything else would have sent their share prices through the floor

Did anyone, apart from the most wishful of thinkers, really think that Red Ed would have the power to fix energy prices for 2 years or whatever it was? Did their share prices collapse after the speech, in fear of the awesome power he'd be able to wield in 2 years time?

He could've canned the speech and done a little song and dance number about how marvelous energy firms are, and these price hikes would still have come down the line. Must draw lots to see who's the unlucky one who has to go first.

BTW Ed Milliband is a qunt. His rants about the energy companies has brought this new price rise **** on. Milliband is a qunt.

so did the green taxes he put onto energy companies when his lot where in office *

* Not that the shower of **** that is in charge at the moment had the common sense to get rid of them either.

He clearly hates Britain, just like his old man.

Im not a hater of the mail like some on here, i will respect them for their stance on the euro if nothing else, but that **** will millbands father was bang out of order, the guy fought in a war for us.

I do not agree with lefties, some on here but just because we have a difference of opinon on how Britain should go does not mean i can accuse them of hating Britain, i can accuse them of wanting to bankrupt us but not hating us.

I agree that he's an idiot and that the 2 year price freeze wouldn't work, but I don't think that the price rise of SSE (and then British Gas) are because of what he said - it's been known that most of the big 6 have been planning price increases for the last couple of months. So don't be surprised if the other 4 follow suit between now and the new year. I agree with the OP, make sure you're not on a variable tariff. Be aware that if you are on a variable tariff and your supplier writes to you saying that your unit rates will be going up, you can "reject" the price increase if you switch away (I think it's that if a loss notification is received from the incoming supplier within 14 days of them notifying you of the unit rate increase, and you then advise them that you will be switching away, they will not increase your unit rates for the 4-6 week period that it takes for you to switch.

He clearly hates Britain, just like his old man.

i've lived here all my life, I was born here, as were both my parents and all my grandparents, my 2 children were born here as well, and you know what, I hate Britain, this country is a ****ing mess, we're 47th in literacy, 20th in child poverty amongst richer nations and 27th in life expectancy, extreme political parties are picking up more and more votes every year whilst the 2 proper parties play politics rather than try to help, meanwhile no avowed atheist would be voted in as PM due to the hold of the church, for whom gay marriage was a bone of contention, at the first whining from the farmers lobbies we start to kill off our indigenous wildlife and the 2 biggest selling papers (whom we took 2 years to decide shouldn't get away with breaking the law) are the daily mail and the sun, read by people desperate to know who is ****ing who from x factor - what sane reason can anyone have for not hating this country?

i've lived here all my life, i was born here, as were both my parents and all my grandparents, my 2 children were born here as well, and you know what, i hate britain, this country is a ****ing mess, we're 47th in literacy, 20th in child poverty amongst richer nations and 27th in life expectancy, extreme political parties are picking up more and more votes every year whilst the 2 proper parties play politics rather than try to help, meanwhile no avowed atheist would be voted in as pm due to the hold of the church, for whom gay marriage was a bone of contention, at the first whining from the farmers lobbies we start to kill off our indigenous wildlife and the 2 biggest selling papers (whom we took 2 years to decide shouldn't get away with breaking the law) are the daily mail and the sun, read by people desperate to know who is ****ing who from x factor - what sane reason can anyone have for not hating this country?

tottenham hotspurs

I agree that he's an idiot and that the 2 year price freeze wouldn't work, but I don't think that the price rise of SSE (and then British Gas) are because of what he said - it's been known that most of the big 6 have been planning price increases for the last couple of months.

Whether there was something planned or not, their share prices took a hit as a result of what he said. Shareholders will expect that to be reversed somehow, which means either more or larger increases than there would have been.

so did the green taxes he put onto energy companies when his lot where in office *

* Not that the shower of **** that is in charge at the moment had the common sense to get rid of them either.

I agree, they all seem to be a shower of s hite but right now Labour need Waist Waders because right now they are drowning in it.

EDF energy is owned by the French state, and they produce 20% of the UK's electricity. Why don't we have state owned utilities?

This is a very simplistic argument, granted. But why do we have a so-called free market in the utlilities that we all need, and that can be easily manipulated by cartel-like behaviour, to the detriment of the consumer?

I'm not calling for a communist state, but a bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss.

Back