• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Hatred for hatred' sake I just don't get, just like the hysteria against sherwood. While this guy comes on for Spurs I will never boo him and will always be rooting that he scores.

Spoken like somebody who didnt actually go - was actually surprised the reaction Ade got was mostly positive, i think it was more to with the recognition that we needed another plan.

Obviously I didn't go as I was posting on here soon after, plus as you probably read my post I did allude to the fact about the TV. The TV swung to the Tottenham section the moment he entered the pitch and one person was clapping. No one was cheering, they were just standing there. I guess it was positive standing still when he came on. There was some guy that looked at the guy next to him and he shook his head though. Couldn't quite see whether the guy was rolling his eyes in reply though.

Last edited:
Hatred for hatred' sake I just don't get, just like the hysteria against sherwood. While this guy comes on for Spurs I will never boo him and will always be rooting that he scores.

Its not hatred for hatred sake, stop making that up. If you don't get it by now then you will never get it.
Yes I will cheer when the teams scores.

Interesting to see what the thread comments would be if (admittedly highly unlikely) Adebayor comes on as a sub and scores the winning goal...

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. It alters nothing, albeit I would love a win over a draw in any game and would take it any way I could.

Its not hatred for hatred sake, stop making that up. If you don't get it by now then you will never get it.
Yes I will cheer when the teams scores.
Mate I'm sure you don't speak for everyone in terms of why he is so hated? Secondly, no I don't understand completely the hatred, because unless you actually know what is going on behind the scenes a lot of the Ade dislike is based on speculation. Seems to me that it is a band wagon which many people seem happy to jump on and I suspect that some are not even sure of the reason for hating him anymore except that he is a convenient pantomime villain. So please enlighten me on the fact based reasons for your hatred towards him. Then perhaps I too, can judge whether the heinous crime he has committed means that I should hate a player who still wears my team's colours.

With respect.. read the thread, start to finish. Sick and tired of repeating myself. ;) Although I will say my hate goes back further than most.. when he signed for City and did that thing in front of the Arsenal fans, yes many would have found it funny, because it was mocking Arsenal and yes even I giggled at the guy falling in the animated gif because it was funny. Saying that, I saw it as an attack on every decent fan in the country that pays good money and gives these footballers immense wealth. Simply the guy is a wrong'un. Ever since then its been one thing after another, most are not about football, but some are.

With respect.. read the thread, start to finish. Sick and tired of repeating myself. ;) Although I will say my hate goes back further than most.. when he signed for City and did that thing in front of the Arsenal fans, yes many would have found it funny, because it was mocking Arsenal and yes even I giggled at the guy falling in the animated gif because it was funny. Saying that, I saw it as an attack on every decent fan in the country that pays good money and gives these footballers immense wealth. Simply the guy is a wrong'un. Ever since then its been one thing after another, most are not about football, but some are.

Then don't. So are we. Pretty easy to hate him. You do, we got it. About 200 hundred pages ago. Nobody else much likes him either, yet they don't post with the frequency on this thread that you do. (Any yes, some fans have more tenure with Spurs than you do). Somebody posts a one liner in here saying he's a twunt, and you 'like' them for it. Somebody else writes a well-reasoned post on the match and the rest of the players (not me), puts some thought in to it, and they get nowt. Looking forward to your insight on others.

Last edited:
Then don't. So are we. Pretty easy to hate him. You do, we got it. About 200 hundred pages ago. Nobody else much likes him either, yet they don't post with the frequency on this thread that you do. (Any yes, some fans have more tenure with Spurs than you do). Somebody posts a one liner in here saying he's a twunt, and you 'like' them for it. Somebody else writes a well-reasoned post on the match and the rest of the players (not me), puts some thought in to it, and they get nowt. Looking forward to your insight on others.

If people read the thread then people wouldn't have a need to keep repeating themselves. Its that simple. Yeah I like them for it because he is qunt, and they have the balls to say it like it is and it was a decent response to what was said. I believe I wasn't the only to one to give one. I don't like this apologist flimflam to create excuses for him. BTW there is many remarks in this thread towards him.. I have gone back 5 pages and given 1 like. Just saying, which was to Scara.

I wonder if his presence in yesterdays 18 man squad caused conflict with some of our players......seriously, this is a player that very few fans respect so how can his fellow team mates.

I did think that too. He brought his JuJu with him.`Didn't want to say only for the apologists to rise up and start having a go. :p

I mean he only was in the squad today because Soldado has knee problem and then comes out this http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/16/emmanuel-adebayor-tottenham-spurs-premier-league
You'd swear he's redeemed himself with player of the month or something. He should just keep his head down and stop coming up with gonad*s like
"He is a young lad that came out and, at the moment, I think he is the only one that can save our season, like I did last season"
Our season doesnt need saving you clam. His goals got us from 7th to 6th what a saviour!
"At the beginning of last season, everyone wanted me out. At the end of the season, they wanted me to stay." They really didn't.

T
I mean he only was in the squad today because Soldado has knee problem and then comes out this http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/16/emmanuel-adebayor-tottenham-spurs-premier-league
You'd swear he's redeemed himself with player of the month or something. He should just keep his head down and stop coming up with cobblers like
"He is a young lad that came out and, at the moment, I think he is the only one that can save our season, like I did last season"
Our season doesnt need saving you clam. His goals got us from 7th to 6th what a saviour!
"At the beginning of last season, everyone wanted me out. At the end of the season, they wanted me to stay." They really didn't.

The reason some of us plays devils advocate with Ade is because of ridiculous vitriol like this. Looking for reasons to attack one of own our players rather than taking comments on face value.

Did he say Harry Kane was saving our season and deserved to be in front of him - Yes
Did AVB want him out - Yes
Did he have a good period under sherwood that made him more wanted - Yes

“Harry can get the club into the top four. People are starting to get to know him and what he can do on the field but he is an intelligent lad. He is learning through his difficult moments as well. We all have a huge faith in him. Hopefully he will drag us out of the top seven and put us in the top four.” Horrible comments just horrible

What I will say is that he didn't need to put that pressure onto Harry Kane. Its not Harry Kane that gets us into the top 4.. it will be the team that will. You tell me why he has singled out the person he believes that maybe have taken his spot. For me what he has said is what some opposing manager would say pre game, to heap pressure. Most recently it was Pulis who did it.

What I will say is that he didn't need to put that pressure onto Harry Kane. Its not Harry Kane that gets us into the top 4.. it will be the team that will. You tell me why he has singled out the person he believes that maybe have taken his spot. For me what he has said is what some opposing manager would say pre game, to heap pressure. Most recently it was Pulis who did it.

So if he heaps praise on Harry Kane he has singled him out to put pressure on him.. Seriously have you got so wound up about Ade you cannot see that statement is ridiculous.

Player x is keeping Player y out of the team
Player x says Player y deserves to keep him out of the team and could fire us to top 4

Normally Player x would be praised for being a team player

However in Ade's situation he is attacked for putting Kane under pressure.

Nobody is asking everyone to love Ade and say he is a team player, what FANS are asking for is no booing and an even hand applied to ALL our players. Not just selecting what you want to hear to fit the narrative you want to believe.

I see it one way, you see it another. World would be boring if we all thought the same.

I would probably see it your way if he didn't have previous of running to the media saying he should be playing, he is the best player, only a matter of time that I will be the striker again.. blah blah. We heard it all in the AVB months. Back again. Back talking to the media. Simple as, I just don't trust him to be that team player you talk off as its has always been all about the me, me and me and for that reason when he talks to the media, I believe he has ulterior motives. Best bet is just to not talk to the media like 95% of other players don't.

And when one see's this headline on newsnow

Adebayor: Only Harry Kane can save Tottenham’s season World Soccer Talk 15:36

Should we then all give up if Harry gets injured then. Does the rest of the squad not deserve credit for any of this season. Its my belief Adebayor knows exactly what he is doing. And that is getting his first team place back by any means possible so he can feed his family.

Last edited:
we should call his bluff and tell him if he scores 15 goals from now till the end of the season we will give him a new contract

then in the new contract put him onto the minimum wage and make him clean the boots at the training ground

Back