• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

It's kind of strange that the player I dislike the most in the entire PL, actually plays for my club :(

How does a mediocre/sometimes good when his contract is coming to an end) player that has earned more money than most brilliant players, want to stay in a club when all of the fans hate him ??

I mean he must be so rich it's disgusting, why doesn't he find another club where the fans actually want him, and take a little pay cut.

I mean how greedy can one man be ??

Welcome to the world of the modern day footballer. Why work when you can get paid for nothing. Ambition comes second to wealth and greed. Obviously not everyone is like that, but a lot of footballers these days are.

Dont just blame Ade though, blame the fudging idiots who gave him that contract when everyone knew his form would drop soon after. How dumb are we.

Fans want it both ways though. We want to keep the players "we like" who are under contract but we want to sell the players "we dont like" who are also under contract. The fantasy perfect world scenario does not exist im afraid.

I can't remember the last time this clown played for us or did anything of any value for this team and he gets paid six figures a week, modern football disgusts me

I can't remember the last time this clown played for us or did anything of any value for this team and he gets paid six figures a week, modern football disgusts me

Modern football has nothing to do with. Ever heard of employment laws, mate?

If you want to blame anyone, blame the person who gave him his fat contract and drafted its contents.

They're both to blame.

Put Ade on £20K a week with £50K per assist and £100K per goal and he'd be scoring a hatrick every week.

Couldn't agree more... so why didn't we do that? Everyone knew his character but we still did not heed rationality.

So... as i said, the fault is not Ade's but the club's - and it's no use pointing fingers at the player

Couldn't agree more... so why didn't we do that? Everyone knew his character but we still did not heed rationality.

So... as i said, the fault is not Ade's but the club's - and it's no use pointing fingers at the player

You don't think Levy would have wanted a contract like that if Ade would have accepted it?

The options most likely weren't a contract like that or the contract Ade got. It was either the contract Ade got or not signing him. I know hindsight is cool and all, but what do you think the hindsight view would have been if Levy hadn't signed Ade when he had the opportunity to do so after Ade scored 17 and assisted 11 in 32 league games while on loan with us?

It was a risk, at the time the club deemed it a risk worth taking. I don't think that decision was so bad as to describe it as not heeding rationality.

You don't think Levy would have wanted a contract like that if Ade would have accepted it?

The options most likely weren't a contract like that or the contract Ade got. It was either the contract Ade got or not signing him. I know hindsight is cool and all, but what do you think the hindsight view would have been if Levy hadn't signed Ade when he had the opportunity to do so after Ade scored 17 and assisted 11 in 32 league games while on loan with us?

It was a risk, at the time the club deemed it a risk worth taking. I don't think that decision was so bad as to describe it as not heeding rationality.

My point - plain and simple - was in relation to posters who are blaming Ade for still being at WHL. I agree that hindsight is cool and all, so let us use it: stop blaming anyone, including the player, and simply accept that these things happen and move on...

My point - plain and simple - was in relation to posters who are blaming Ade for still being at WHL. I agree that hindsight is cool and all, so let us use it: stop blaming anyone, including the player, and simply accept that these things happen and move on...

I pretty much have moved on, and hope Ade does so too.

I can understand some anger and frustration aimed at the player though. I understand that he's not going to take a financial loss and move on, and that's probably fair-ish and nothing to get personal about. But there are valid reasons to be upset with Ade, and some of that coming out if/when he's refusing to move on is hardly all that strange.

The guy is a clam. Always has been always will be. We were desperate for a forward and signed him cos we had to. Big mistake in hindsight giving him a long term contract which wasn't largely incentive orientated, but hey ho.

Time for everyone to move on. Are you hearing me, Ade?

Any player not being selected say they want to fight for their place, if it was anyone else saying that you wouldn't even mention...

Probably not.. but not all players are Adebayor are they. We have established its all he cares about. Winning his place back. We have established the things Kane says at an early age in comparison. I hope he has earned enough to feed his family, because hopefully this will be the last sizable contract he will ever be offered.

Back