• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Ade was absolutely fine tonight.

It's the Paulinho syndrome with this board. Ade was no worse than the entire team which just didn't click tonight, but he's getting singled out for snagging that he simply doesn't deserve. Very poor.

Agreed. And agree with Milo. Look, they are all professionals and they will all get on with it. Is he Poch's guy? No. Will we sell him at the first opportunity? Yes. But until then we would be idiots to freeze him out, and he in turn is not going to just loaf around. He is a professional and I expect that once he gets his match fitness back, he will do whatever he is asked to do. The manager has established how it is. And I think as long as you get in on that, you can be part of it. But again, he will upgrade if he can, make no mistake...Ade isn't his long-term by any stretch.

Short of fitness?

If only he had some kind of job he could have been turning up for over the last two months that could have kept him fit ;)

I'd agree with that but maybe if Poch gives him the chance that Sherwood did, it could get him to perform like he did in the second half of last season at his best. We clearly are struggling to offload him, so why not try to get the best out of him?

Did he get booed when he came off? That's what it sounded like and it appeared he heard and looked downhearted...

Did he get booed when he came off? That's what it sounded like and it appeared he heard and looked downhearted...

Yes he was booed. If my own fans booed me it would not make me play better, I would suggest the opposite

Yeah he did and it was a ****ing disgrace. You don't boo your own. What on earth will that achieve?! I assume these are the same "supporters" who thought it was OK to boo Dean Richards....

No matter what people think of him, booing one of your own players when he gets substituted off or onto the pitch is ridiculous.

Frustrating again tonight. I know he is short of match practice/fitness etc at the moment, but even earlier in the season I thought the same. I just don't know what he really offers. He's a big man up top but nothing seems to stick, he doesn't win much in the air, he doesn't link any play. I think the main thing that gets me and a lot of the other fans is how he looks so tired from the 1st minute with a complete lack of movement.

It was the Sheffield United fans. They booed him since the elbow incident, but he wasn't involved enough for it to become noticeable.

Let's go to a match and:

Abuse our players
Abuse the other fans
Look for a fight
Moan
Go quiet for long periods
Sing about other clubs

Was utterly ashamed with what I was hearing in the South Stand tonight, and the ironic thing is Adebayor was absolutely spot on when he said this after the Stoke game. I dread to think of what venom would have been directed at Townsend had he missed the penalty.

he didn't do enough peeling away from defenders to make space for himself up front. he was chasing a few through balls initiated by the midfield but those are always hard to reach.

a good example is soldado's run to the penalty spot before peeling off to the far post, that forced the handball for the penalty. its sneaky runs like these that eludes ade.

I want him to know we're better than that vermin down the road, but unfortunately that's not happening.

He is respected enough within the club to be given the Captains ****ing Armband for ****s sake. Does that not send a great fat notice to everyone who believed in the days of our lives bull**** made up in interwebworld? ****ing daft, left a soir tast in my mouth for the rest of the game, even when I should've been revelling in going one up I came back to this.

And for it to work, the pressure style... Ade needs to learn that it starts from him. First 20 were fine, then he became disinterested and just didn't run the ball holders down. When he did, it was when he lost the ball and it was to save face.

Ade will never work in a Poch's system.
Ade will never win the fans over
There is only one person to blame.

he didn't do enough peeling away from defenders to make space for himself up front. he was chasing a few through balls initiated by the midfield but those are always hard to reach.

a good example is soldado's run to the penalty spot before peeling off to the far post, that forced the handball for the penalty. its sneaky runs like these that eludes ade.

This is crap sorry Soldado did well with that run but it's the first j can remember of him coming to anything and at that it took an absolute dumb ducking brain fart from sheff utd defender to get pen u really think he would have finished that? Highly doubt it but that being said ade had an even better run and take down in first half but he gets slated for missing chance where as bobby is painted as hero for a dumb piece of defending?

This is crap sorry Soldado did well with that run but it's the first j can remember of him coming to anything and at that it took an absolute dumb ducking brain fart from sheff utd defender to get pen u really think he would have finished that? Highly doubt it but that being said ade had an even better run and take down in first half but he gets slated for missing chance where as bobby is painted as hero for a dumb piece of defending?

I don't think you watch Soldado off the ball often enough. That's the difference between the two players which makes Soldado a better choice right now.

Try putting yourself as in the position of a midfielder looking for a striker next time you watch the game.

It was the Sheffield United fans. They booed him since the elbow incident, but he wasn't involved enough for it to become noticeable.

I was at the game there was a lot of boos coming from the east stand and around me in the south upper when he came off

Don't condone the booing, but I'm puzzled as to why he was picked seemingly out of the blue. I honestly thought we'd seen the last of him after the first 10 games of the season where he stank the place out.

Ade will never work in a Poch's system.

So any player who can't adapt to a new manager's system within 6 months (including 2 out through personal problems and illness) should be booed by his own fans? Rubbish, total utter bullcrap.

Ade will never win the fans over

Is that a problem caused by Ade or the short sightedness of the fans.

His performance last night was far from stellar but I saw a lot more movement from an unfit, lack of match practice Ade than I did from some of the other superstars on show last night.

Don't condone the booing, but I'm puzzled as to why he was picked seemingly out of the blue. I honestly thought we'd seen the last of him after the first 10 games of the season where he stank the place out.

Bit difficult to be picked when you're not in the country to play.

I don't think Poch has given up on Ade like most of the fans have and I still think Ade offers more than Sobado does.

Bit difficult to be picked when you're not in the country to play.

I don't think Poch has given up on Ade like most of the fans have and I still think Ade offers more than Sobado does.

He hasn't been out of the country for 3 months. Poch dropped him even before he went on leave.

Back