• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

That's the problem, how many of those days does he have? And why have so many top clubs got rid of him? You can't deny he has a pattern of looking brilliant at first, but he then goes downhill. We have been crying out for a finisher for years, Ade isn't it.

Finishing is one thing, but he isn't the holding man we need either. His first touch is too poor, he can be pushed off a challenge by a little girl, his reaction time seems slow, and he lacks the overview to make that vital pass too. He is like a (slightly) more mobile Crouch, minus the heading ability.

What's the alternative and is it any better?

We have what we have and he does occupy defenders even though he is a lazy bastard.

He will be well up for the NLD and they will not wanna play against him after the damage he did prior to beng sent off.

Also I he is occupying them he frees up space somehow (logically)

This.

I cannot defend his frankly appalling sitter-miss (as a striker)...it was awful. He was unlucky with a header, and I agree with your last sentence which is something people quite clearly do not give him a moment's credit for...

That's the problem, how many of those days does he have? And why have so many top clubs got rid of him? You can't deny he has a pattern of looking brilliant at first, but he then goes downhill. We have been crying out for a finisher for years, Ade isn't it.

City are the only club to get rid of him. He left Metz, Monaco and Arsenal for bigger things, and was only on 6-month loan at Madrid because of an injury (I forget which of Benzema or Higuain he came in to cover for)

I'm not bothered about goals. Ade's game is about linking play, holding the ball and mobility. I'm not saying he's doing them well at the moment, but Ade in form primarily enables goals in others.

City are the only club to get rid of him. He left Metz, Monaco and Arsenal for bigger things, and was only on 6-month loan at Madrid because of an injury (I forget which of Benzema or Higuain he came in to cover for)

I'm not bothered about goals. Ade's game is about linking play, holding the ball and mobility. I'm not saying he's doing them well at the moment, but Ade in form primarily enables goals in others.

We don't have the luxury of having a striker that doesn't score tho Gutterboy. Apart from Bale, our midfield don't get enough goals, Bale has been carrying us goal wise since the turn of the year. I agree we need a striker who can link up play amongst other things, but we need a striker who can get goals more than anything.

Arsenal didn't exactly try too hard to keep him.

And on top of that, watch the 3rd goal again, he just stands there, doesn't celebrate at all despite watching us score a last minute winner in a London derby.

This.

I cannot defend his frankly appalling sitter-miss (as a striker)...it was awful. He was unlucky with a header, and I agree with your last sentence which is something people quite clearly do not give him a moment's credit for...

I don't think that's entirely fair to people's perception, as any forward (or player in general) which the opposition bothers to mark and "runs around a bit" will free up space by default. I appreciate the silver lining kind of thinking, but that's a little bit too far fetched IMHO.

Jussi was best player on pitch by a mile... except for Bale who was best player for 10 miles. Lets give Ade' another benefit of doubt. Encouriging second half was? yes?

Its arguable that Ade and Lennon are the two players that will cause the most upset in terms of playing to their ability. Lennon though will always give a super work rate which by itself helps the team. Parker would fall into that category too. Ade is a different beast that even AVB has admitted they dont know how to 'fix' him. There are no boo boys, no haters just people who expect one of our highest paid players to perform to at least 60-70% of their ability.

Adebayor was very far from appalling tonight. He helped set up the opener and was involved in the equaliser. Once again he used his experience to run down the clock and negate any chance of a West Ham recovery. He missed a sitter that is a sitter just like Gareth has done in the last 2 games. No big deal. We won and scored 3 again.

But haters gotta hate so I will let you guys get on with it.

I agree he was not appalling. However the sitter he missed is just going to dent his confidence even further.

He chased the ball, ran people down and then redoubled his efforts when he missed it, he was clearly annoyed with himself.

I don't see where the spark is going to come for him. If anything the emergence of Bale makes it even less likely as Bale, not Adebayor, seems to be the focal point of our attack.

I agree he was not appalling. However the sitter he missed is just going to dent his confidence even further.

He chased the ball, ran people down and then redoubled his efforts when he missed it, he was clearly annoyed with himself.

I don't see where the spark is going to come for him. If anything the emergence of Bale makes it even less likely as Bale, not Adebayor, seems to be the focal point of our attack.

It's interesting because I absolutely agree on the one hand, but on the other I feel he's going to suddenly burst out and put them away for fun. It could well be blind optimism re: scoring (not wanting to have to take a photo wearing an egg for Bush Hill) but I still think he's been a contributor and will continue to be one...but yes, imagine him in top form. He was absolutely storming at the effeminates for 17 mins...let's hope he is for 95 mins on Sunday!

My patience with Adebayor is fast running out.

That miss was simply unforgivable.

The one redeeming factor is his work-rate, which I can't criticise him for.

But he's supposed to be a striker and he's simply not delivering the goods.

Sunday's NLD will be a huge match for him - let's hope he can finally find his shooting boots.

At least he did a funny air kick before The Sig equalised! Had he connected then he most likely would have put it wide.

His finishing is appalling at the moment. I'm still remembering the shot against Sunderland. He was a yard out, if that, and he hits the crossbar!!

Cards on the table, he's not my favourite player, but I don't think it's overrating it by saying he was appalling. Only me gave him an assist for the first goal even though the West Ham defender actually touched the ball to him. Those two misses were howlers. He's never been a good finisher but you'd expect a defender to score from that distance, both times.

He couldn't hold the ball up, the ball seems to bounce off him at the moment. Although he was unlucky with that header towards the end.

As bad as he is playing now, It's not like I don't expect better from him. He is just going through a shocking run of bad form. However, I still don't think he's good enough, same goes for Defoe as well and we simply have to buy a striker which will hopefully convince Bale that we have some ambition.

And I'm sorry, Ade just standing whilst the rest of the team went mental after the 3rd goal went in took the biscuit.

To me Ade looks like a player going through the motions waiting for the season to end, its almost as if AVB has said to him "you're playing now because I have no-one else to put in the team but come the end of the season I want rid of you."

He lacks interest, he is lackadaisical in his control and passing and for all the "closing down" he does its about the only movement we see from him.

Not good enough when we're playing for 2nd.

im not sure Ade will score another goal this season. Then again if Bale continues doing what he's doing it wont matter too much\o/

How long a contract did we give him? Hopefully Levy has made at least some of his compensation performance related. I recall reading something about City supplementing his wages.

im not sure Ade will score another goal this season. Then again if Bale continues doing what he's doing it wont matter too much\o/

Is it fair for Bale to carry the burden of scoring key goals by himself though? Last night was a perfect chance for Ade to tap in one of those sitters and take some of the pressure off.

Back