• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Defoe will score, ade has a chance conversion rate of -5%

yup...but everyone else plays off him. mind you, defoe brings a different perspective to the game and would like to see him constantly run at savic if madcini plays him..

I tend to hear alot of people in and around me moaning about the lack of goals overall from Adebayor which just irritates me to be honest. You can see the benefit his hold up play has on the side and when you make a direct comparison of Crouch attempting to do the same job its just chalk and cheese. I agree that he can miss some very simple chances and that is frustrating but he makes up for it with how he brings others into play and how he occupies the oppositions back four. I would definitely attempt to sign him if it made financial sense at the end of the season.

I tend to hear alot of people in and around me moaning about the lack of goals overall from Adebayor which just irritates me to be honest. You can see the benefit his hold up play has on the side and when you make a direct comparison of Crouch attempting to do the same job its just chalk and cheese. I agree that he can miss some very simple chances and that is frustrating but he makes up for it with how he brings others into play and how he occupies the oppositions back four. I would definitely attempt to sign him if it made financial sense at the end of the season.

not many clubs could afford him & if we make chumpions league, i'd think he'd consider taking a pay cut to stay..

Yeah i agree, although he seems to be caught offside alot and his positioning needs work, his hold up play and being a general nuisance in and around the box definitely gives the oppositions defence something to think about but in a much different way to Crouch!
He will get goals but it does annoy me the amount of chances he lets go amiss. Chances that you'd expect a "prolific" striker would put away. Whether we should purchase him and break the wages cap for him tho im not so sure? We'll have to break the cap eventually to stay challenging at the top end of the table tho... Gonna take more than just a new stadium

Ade has been a little off the boil of late but form always fluctuates and he has had to do a lot of work for the team on his own all season.

I think that missing this game and having a couple of weeks off mid-season could do us a big favour.

out of curiosity...anyone know if there is an option to purchase on Ade?

I've heard that there is.. but i've also heard that ade wouldn't take the pay cut that it took to join us... though that might alter if we were to achieve wonderful things this season..

i'd imagine if we win today's game with Man C, we would have a strong case to reduce Ade's price and wages quite a bit!

I've heard that there is.. but i've also heard that ade wouldn't take the pay cut that it took to join us... though that might alter if we were to achieve wonderful things this season..

i think his overall contribution far outweighs his goal tally, so when clubs look at his goal return, no one would pay him silly money..that coupled with our achievements might just prompt him to stay..

I'd like to see us sign him (now if there's an option), I just think we need to be very careful with what we're prepared to pay him. He's not our best player, he should probably be at about 5 or 6 in the pecking order.
He currently earns more than double our best paid player, he's simply not worth that.
If we have to raise our wage bill it should be to keep the likes of Bale and Modric happy, not meeting Ade's ridiculously inflated price.
We've scored 18 goals less than Man C so far this season, it's a weakness that outs pressure on us when we fail to kill games off.
Ade is a very good player, don't get me wrong, he's brought a huge amount to the team. But he's a 15 goal a season striker, his price tag and wages need to reflect that.

I'd like to see us sign him (now if there's an option), I just think we need to be very careful with what we're prepared to pay him. He's not our best player, he should probably be at about 5 or 6 in the pecking order.
He currently earns more than double our best paid player, he's simply not worth that.
If we have to raise our wage bill it should be to keep the likes of Bale and Modric happy, not meeting Ade's ridiculously inflated price.
We've scored 18 goals less than Man C so far this season, it's a weakness that outs pressure on us when we fail to kill games off.
Ade is a very good player, don't get me wrong, he's brought a huge amount to the team. But he's a 15 goal a season striker, his price tag and wages need to reflect that.

i sincerely hope he stays..

Back