• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Still have to get behind him, he is basically all we have currently, he had the balls to take a pen and wasnt the only one missing, cant see any abuse for the other players that missed

Because the other player who missed didnt cap off another disgraceful, don't give a brick performance by casually lobbing it over the bar then laughing about it.

If we had Defoe instead of Adebayor, he would have missed the penalty too. Both of them are brick at penalties. I don't understand how all 4 of Basel's penalties were excellent yet we are incapable of producing 4 of those over a whole season, let alone a single shoot-out.

Anyway, if Defoe had played instead of Adebayor we wouldn't have even made extra time, let alone penalties. Ade had a good game tonight, should have scored though. Ultimately his finishing will always hold him back, and if we get 4th we should look to upgrade upon him if we want to progress. But that doesn't preclude him from playing well.

The blind application of stereotypes however, does. Anyone who cannot recognise Adebayor's contribution tonight is a lost cause... as multiple people have already stated, he was one of our best players tonight.

Last edited:
They are as bad as each other. I get supporting him, I get people sticking up for him, but I don't get why some people think he's good enough and we don't need to upgrade on him, and Defoe.

Who says we don't need to upgrade but right now he's the best that we've got frankly.

One minute, it's 'he's so lazy' , then it's 'he does run about, but his touch is brick', then 'his touch is good, but he can't finish every chance', then 'well he's not Bale'...etc etc

It's getting ridicoulos now. We need him for 6 more games and any vitiol needs to be saved untill after that

When he first came to Spurs, he seemed to offer a strong physical presence that Pavlyuchenko and Crouch couldn't provide, but lately his performances have deteriorated and the penalty was the nail in the coffin.

Look what Gary Lineker just put on his twitter page...

Tweets All / No replies

Gary Lineker Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker now

Switched to the golf and Adebayor's ball has just landed on the 13th green. He's sure to miss the putt.

He played as a lone striker with little support from the midfielders and tried his best. His touch wasn't the best but it's often been far worse. Those missed chances weren't sitters and at least he tried to connect onto the few through balls he received.
Also he often held it up adequately imo (certainly better than anyone else in our squad might have on that wet and zippy pitch)
I think we all have to recognise that he isn't playing in front of the most quick-releasing midfiled we have ever had. If he was constantly missing sitters played to him so he could run in begind a defence i could understand, but he mostly is not

I've bolded the bits where you directly comment on how you think he played, and doesn't read as a particularly good performance to me!

If we had Defoe instead of Adebayor, he would have missed the penalty too. Both of them are brick at penalties. I don't understand how all 4 of Basel's penalties were excellent yet we are incapable of producing 4 of those over a whole season, let alone a single shoot-out.

Anyway, if Defoe had played instead of Adebayor we wouldn't have even made extra time, let alone penalties. Ade had a good game tonight, should have scored though. Ultimately his finishing will always hold him back, and if we get 4th we should look to upgrade upon him if we want to progress. But that doesn't preclude him from playing well.

The blind application of stereotypes however, does. Anyone who cannot recognise Adebayor's contribution tonight is a lost cause... as multiple people have already stated, he was one of our best players tonight.

=D>

I thought Ade was summed up by when he ran into the corner and tried to hit the player 2ft in front of him and missed both times he tried. :lol:

Back