• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR *** OMT

Another thing that annoys me, why has Joe Hart always play well against us despite having dropped so many clangers in the past 2 years?

And why, despite all his injury problems, has Aguero been match fit on every single occasion that we've played Emirates Marketing Project since he moved to England #-o

@OptaJoe: 108 - Sergio Aguero has scored at a rate of one goal every 108 mins in the Premier League, the best rate in the competition's history. Icon.

@OptaJoe: 6 9 - Sergio Aguero has now scored more Premier League goals against Tottenham (6 9) than any other side. Clinical.

Our summer spending spree of 2013 looks very ill judged now. How much are the 'not so magnificent 7' worth now. Incidentally, someone said, maybe jokingly, we have the best chairman in the country, not so. The best two chairmen are those of City's and Chelsea's, they have transformed their clubs into two of the biggest in the country. Someone on here even said they are now the 'big two', which I think is a little too high in praise. But they're certainly part of the new 'Big Five'. We were bigger than Chlesea and City when ENIC took over, now we're a long way behind.

Our summer spending spree of 2013 looks very ill judged now. How much are the 'not so magnificent 7' worth now. Incidentally, someone said, maybe jokingly, we have the best chairman in the country, not so. The best two chairmen are those of City's and Chelsea's, they have transformed their clubs into two of the biggest in the country. Someone on here even said they are now the 'big two', which I think is a little too high in praise. But they're certainly part of the new 'Big Five'. We were bigger than Chlesea and City when ENIC took over, now we're a long way behind.

You my friend are a specimen.

What a ridiculous comment. I wish levy had a spare billion to throw at it aswell. City and Chelsea are joke clubs

Today was so damn sexy - Lamela mistake, Lampard an offside that could have been called, Lampard non-penalty, Soldado missed penalty, a few decent chances spurned, an opposition goalie playing a blinder, a sending off. It is just us. I love this club and despair. I tell myself I won't wake up for a 4.45am start my time, yet I always do. Argh.

Very annoyed to be getting humiliated by ManCity for the 3rd time in a row. But not at all surprised ! This is what you get for the team badly lacking in quality and experience. How stupid is that to appoint a new coach but not to buy enough quality players to support him ? We badly lacked quality in defence, yet we didn't buy enough quality ones.

Despite the humiliating defeat, was happy to see Eriksen scoring for the 2nd consecutive match. That was his 3rd league goal this season, only 1 behind Chadli. Badly wanted Eriksen to score another goal from freekick late in the match. But was annoyed to see the useless Townsend wasting the freekick instead. Eriksen should be taking all our freekicks as long as he is playing. Don't like other players taking it ahead of Eriksen. Doesn't matter how many freekicks he wastes, Eriksen will always score one !

Soldado did well to assist the goal for Eriksen. But it was stupid for Soldado to take the penalty which he wasted. There is still unwritten rule in football that says those who are not playing regularly or out of form should not be taking any penalties ! Always knew Soldado would waste that penalty. Eriksen or Chadli should have taken it.

I think we played far too open in this match. We should have played more defensively considering ManCity's dangerous attacks. We should have started Dembele in midfield, instead of the inexperienced and attack-minded Mason. And Vertonghen should have started instead of the inexperienced Fazio. I think Pochettino made a huge mistake there. Always knew Kaboul-Fazio partnership will let in many goals. The clumsy Kaboul was at fault for their first goal and their second penalty which Lloris did well to save.

We can learn many things from this match. First, Kaboul shouldn't be anywhere near our first eleven as he always makes stupid mistakes in defence. Always hate his stupid smile whenever he makes a silly mistake. Secondly, Lamela shouldn't be anywhere near our defence as his mistakes always result in in conceding goals. Lamela was at fault for their first goal and second goal. Third, we need a much better defensive midfielder than Capoue as our midfield are easily get over run now. Fourth, we badly need reliable strikers now ! Just can't see Adebayor, Soldado or Kane scoring many goals this season.

Last edited:
You my friend are a specimen.

What a ridiculous comment. I wish levy had a spare billion to throw at it aswell. City and Chelsea are joke clubs

I don't consider them joke clubs, it's where you end up that matters, not how you get there

I don't consider them joke clubs, it's where you end up that matters, not how you get there

Well said. If anything the joke is on us, as those clubs keep winning trophies while we don't. We're now in their shadow, where once upon a time they were in ours. It's a fairy tale for them and a nightmare for us.

Lol!!! Did you even think before you wrote that?

Did Poch come out and attack the decisions? You want the manager to draw a line, to stop refs doing this all the time - as fergie or others would.

That said, they were the better team if we're honest. I'm pleased we competed and were not outplayed, we were well in the game. What were the differences between them and us?

1. Greater experience
2. More mature players
3. Technically better players - but that didn't actually win the game, it just made the game safe for them.

Really pleased with the way Poch got us competing. Under him we will compete with the best, I believe. He needs to get into Lamela's head. Somehow get his confidence, awareness and anger out. He's playing like a guest. Its not his game, he needs to feel at home, take control, be confident, be alert and run the game. Just 22 so he can mature. Will he? We'll see.

City buy finished article players. We don't. Their players already have experience, great technical ability, confidence in their ability. Our players and team are developing. We need a Kompany like figure though. Intelligence and determination to help sway the game on the field. We're too naive, too green at the moment. If the game is going away from us, you need someone who can affect things - make a crunching tackle at the right time. Speak to the team. Harass the ref if required. Take back control of the game.

Completely agree, I want someone at the club to highlight the **** ups, Jose, fergie, wenger, even Warnock does it, yet we say **** all! No wonder it keeps happening to us.

City were / are better than us, clearly (but that's obvious when you spend over a billion), the ref wasn't the reason we lost, but he may be the deciding factor in other games we play so let's act on it now and make sure they know if they make **** decisions they'll face a **** storm from us! It's like we expect to lose anyway so don't bother with it!

Haven't been on this forum for ages due to the utter idiocy of far too many people, come back today and yep, people still spouting idiotic things... Bizarre.

We were very unlucky to lose 4-1, had some crazy decisions against us; but it was extremely promising play, we cow;de easily got something today, we looked dangerous in attack. I really think Soldado made us tick in attack and will be devastated if we see Ade there against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Bizarre decision to "rest" Jan, we need him in the team, Fazio and Kabul are not a partnership!

Back